RCG Global Services

Updated October 3, 2014
Updated October 3, 2014
2.0

Robert Simplot

Great company for high achievers from the larger consulting firms

Current Employee - Director in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Edison, NJ

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

RCG Global Services sold its staff augmentation business last year and is focused exclusively on strategic business and technology consulting, primarily to name brand clients. The company has very high retention at the senior levels and strong client satisfaction ratings and offers employees competitive compensation and benefits. It is a great company for people who have come out of the larger consulting firms as good performers and want to work for a stable and growing, regional consulting firm in which they can have more visibility and impact.

Cons

RCG is not the place for someone who wants to sit in a job and go through the motions. The company is still undergoing transition but has great client references, a strong track record of growth, and is poised to grow exponentially in the coming years. So there is no room for those who lag behind!

Horrible Consulting Experience--

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Portland, ME

I worked at RCG Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you don't have a job and you can't find one, You should use this as a pit stop.

Cons

Its a sweat shop. The management has couple clients whom get billed as they think these guys are the best. They don't have steady long projects. That means the executive level guys are not able to convince companies that they can execute. Every project ends after a feasibility study for 3 - 4 months. Typical. Lots of travel required. Most of their employees are east Indians who get treated badly and they still take it as they need the Visa's.

Please stop lying to people telling that Boston is a great place and you have multiple projects. Its not worth a try. Stay where you are and look for a better job. They say they will hire you full time and throw you to the curb if you are on the bench for a week. They don't want to pay the corp-corp rates or daily rates and just can't hire consultants as they pinch into their pockets. Its not a good place to be.

Employees are viewed as any other computer machines!

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at RCG Global Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay on time without any issues for contractors.(remember there is no concept of paying for overtime but you will be expected to work over time)

Cons

I worked as a contractor with RCG. Client being Walgreen. They hired me saying it is a long term project. 4 or us joined at the same time. They explicitly asked me in the interview if you have issues to work after hours if need be for the project. I said if project requires I am fine (assuming it will be only on Release days and for few weeks max. But when I joined all other 3 joined with me were expected to work late evenings including Saturdays for more than 3 months. We thought it is going to be a long term project and worked hard to prove ourselves. On a fine Friday around 1 PM (after 3 and half months of working which is equivalent of 6 + months work ) they called and said "Sorry funding issue we have to terminate you guys". And remember NO PAY for extra hours. They tell you once you join there is no concept of overtime in their company.
    Later from internal friends we came to know that they already planed to have people only for less than 4 months to keep a project from competitors.

I am not sure if your strategy changed since 2013, If not I assure you will end up with huge legal issues. Lear to treat employees as human !!

You will be sorry

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at RCG Global Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, co-workers have all been excellent. The contractors they have managed to hire have all been professional, courteous and knowledgeable.

Cons

Upper Management changeover still a problem, cheap cheap cheap, only care about how much money they can make off of you, no loyalty to employees, charges employees more for medical benefits than actual cost, paychecks late occasionally, no holiday pay or overtime, poor communication within the company.

DO NOT FALL PREY TO THESE PEOPLE

I worked at RCG Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I always got paid on time. HR seemed to be the only people who cared, and were very nice to me.

Cons

My company rep at the place I was working was the biggest bully I've ever had the dis-pleasure to meet. They have no interest in keeping you employed. They are NOT a consulting company they are a temp agency. Lots of smoke and mirrors, threats and deception. Completely untrustworthy.

You won't listen, all these reviews with the exception of one were bad. Get the picture? (Probably not!)

Contract Firm Masquerading as Consultants

Former Employee - Systems Architect
    Former Employee - Systems Architect

I worked at RCG Global Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, covered traveled expenses, decent crew of folks at the team (i.e. below team-lead) level to work with

Cons

Lots of turnover from abrupt terminations of staff, 180-degree changes in requirements with the expectation that the project could turn on a dime, way over its collective head on anything above 'contract programmer' work

Get a clue that you are a body shop, not a consulting firm

Staff augmentation company

Former Employee - BI Architect
    Former Employee - BI Architect

I worked at RCG Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, very competitive rates, RCG does not consider anyone for long-term, so they pay well in order to hire experienced professionals

Cons

You are treated as commodity, no career development or long-term prospective, you are here to make money for RCG
    Your knowledge and experience is being used to promote RCG, no recognition or respect
    Once the project framework is laid out, experienced professionals replaced by offshore resources

An excellent place of work

Former Employee - Oracle Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Oracle Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at RCG Global Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work and grow

Cons

You have to travel a lot but the pay is worthwhile.

Good people, Good Pay, Unethical Conduct of Staff and Principals

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RCG Global Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, Parties and Vacation Perks, Some Good People, Travel

Cons

Recruiting staff lures you with high pay and promises they cannot keep.

HR is very unresponsive and corporate hardly ever answer their phones. The company runs like a small business with big-company attitude and is over its head in most of their projects and contracts. They refuse to pay you until they have billed their client and may take weeks to get paid or I have known some people to not get paid at all for their contract services.

Be prepared for many lawsuits coming your way

Worst experience of my life, warning, do not work for them

I have been working at RCG Global Services

Pros

Some good people, good pay

Cons

CEO encourages alcohol consumption where it becomes a proverbial token "kool aid" for loyalty. As you stay in the company longer, brainwashing becomes a norm. Management encourages fibbing to clients and it may takes months to get paid what is owed to you.