RCH Cable Reviews

I Love My Job

Current Employee - Field Retention Specialist  in  Spring Lake Park, MN
    Current Employee - Field Retention Specialist in Spring Lake Park, MN

I have been working at RCH Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, flexible hours. If you like to help others than this job is perfect! I get to help the customer at the door by choosing the option that is best for them...basically I can restore service that day for a fraction of their full delinquent balance and set them on a payment plan that can work for them OR in some cases they just cant afford it so I return their equipment for them and give them a receipt...saving them time, money and any hassle.

Cons

No paid time off (PTO) for workers that have been there 90+ days, no medical insurance is offered and they are slow to pay hiring bonuses.

Create a program to allow paid time off. Paychecks have avarage hourly rates listed so each employee could get paid based on their personal hourly rate. For example...maybe 1/2 of an hour PTO for every 40 hours worked. That will do 2 things...(1) it will insure people are punching in and out and (2) because they are remembering to punch in and out then you will have a more accurate view of their hourly rate.

Have to work to make money

Former Employee - Collections Technician  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Collections Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at RCH Cable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, good pay, good management. You have to work in the field to make money. The good techs make great money but they work for it. This is cable, it changes, you have to roll with the changes and make the most out of every situation. They always treated everyone well, they were fair and they rewarded the hard workers. The lazy people will always be lazy and they were always the ones making the most complaints, but my experience was great and I wouldn't hesitate to work for them again.

Cons

evenings, weekends. I relocated and wanted to get benefits, but you can earn enough money in this job to pay for your own (what I did). I earn less now than I did with RCH but I get benefits and off on the weekends.

benefits

Meh

Former Employee - Door-to-Door Salesman  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Door-to-Door Salesman in Albany, NY

I worked at RCH Cable full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a door-to-door salesman, only work evenings and Saturday. Plenty of time to do other things outside of work. Good sales experience.

You get plenty of exercise, nobody is there to micromanage you.

Cons

Difficulties with management getting it stuff together
    Nobody likes a door-to-door salesman
    Commission only
    Unrealistic sales expectations

It's a wonder how the company manages to make a profit. There was little training outside of the packages we were selling. Don't promise me a job and then lay me off a month later because you're losing money due to an outdated method of selling.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible!

Former Employee - Collection Technician
    Former Employee - Collection Technician

I worked at RCH Cable full-time

Pros

I wish that I had 20 words of pros to share here. The fact is, this company is an abomination

Cons

Worst commission in entire industry. No benefits, no gas reimbursement, support staff frequent turnover. Stay away, stay away, stay away. The management thinks that because the economy is bad, they can squeeze the employees pay, etc. You are contributing to the further decline of the economy by accepting a position with this company. These guys are bloodsuckers. Again, stay away!

Search deep into yourself and get real. Stand up for what you intrinsically know is good business. Shame on you for being with this company this long.

If you like to work, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Retention Specialist  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at RCH Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

You set your own paycheck with how willing you are to work nights and weekends

Cons

How willing you are to work nights & weekends determines your income.

work 7 days a week and cover all your own expenses

Current Employee - Deinstallation Technician  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Deinstallation Technician in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at RCH Cable

Pros

Great Pay, set your own hours

Cons

No benefits, use your own vehicle, no gas reimbursement, spend over $125 a week in gas, work 7 days a week, no paid vacation or sick days or holiday pay.

consistency.

RCh Cable is unbecoming of professionals

Current Employee - Cable Tech
    Current Employee - Cable Tech

I have been working at RCH Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work at your own pace. Pay depends on how efficient you are at managing yourself and getting work done

Cons

Everything comes out of your pocket. Sure you make good money but it cost a lot to operate. Bringing your final pay down. You will provide truck, maintenance, fuel , tools, phone, internet, insurance. no reimbursement for anything. no benefits, no health insurance no sick time, no vacation. They make money on everything you have. Its impossible to play they game they always change the rules to suit them

crawl up your own ass and dissapear

I have had a good experience with RCH cable.

Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative

I have been working at RCH Cable

Pros

Leadership is good. They are very fair with pay and pay promptly. This has been a temporary job for me and has been perfect for what it is..Owners have been honest and fair which is most important when working in contract sales.

Cons

No benefits of any kind.

Worked for RCH Cable? Contribute to the Community!