RCI (Canada)

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Salary on file with this company

Senior Director (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at RCI (Canada) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork from home and set your own hous

ConsNo vertical - broad based requirements.

Could Be Better

Vacation Guide (Former Employee)
Carmel, IN

I worked at RCI (Canada) full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits. There is some mobility within the company . Pay is decent. Commitment to social and environmental issues. Great diversity. Excellent facilities. Some in senior management are great people willing to help you out.

ConsRCI does a fantastic job with public relations but not such a great job with employee relations. On the one hand the company preaches they don't like favoritism, but it's pervasive within the company. The egos are massive at all levels.
There's very poor work/life balance, and the scheduling for guides reduces the human to a number. I call it the "money balling of America", which is an adherence to sales metrics and numbers instead of the individual.
This is a high stress environment based on high pressure sales. Micromanaging is rampant. Free thinking is eliminated.
Speaking the truth will get you fired. This is NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, one of the best companies to work for in Indiana or anywhere.
This is the timeshare industry, which is filled with hucksters, charlatans, and people who live life in alternate universes; this includes RCI.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up! Learn who your best people are and let them shine. Find out what their talents are and how they can help your company grow, because it's shrinking and you're losing money because of how you treat your staff and RCI members. Instead of patrolling the rank and file like the Stasi in East Germany, listen to complaints in order to grow and improve. There are many highly gifted people working in your call center who are being punished for having differences of opinions, their own minds, and ideas contrary to your preconceived notions of professionalism -- which many of you don't follow yourselves. You are an employer, not a forced labor camp. Though often the differences are difficult to distinguish. If you need medical staff on hand to help with your employees' stress, then there's probably too much stress.

Timeshare industry is shrinking

Senior Director (Former Employee)
Carmel, IN

I worked at RCI (Canada)

ProsRCI does have some interesting benefits like free vacations, but the industry is on a downward trend. Advancement often based on tenure and not necessarily on performance

ConsLimited opportunity for growth. Many leadership positions are being filled by friends of the hiring manager as opposed to the best qualified person for the opportunity. Politics happen everywhere, but the sign of good leadership is integrity and an open mind. RCI lacks much of this today.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe infighting among departments will lead to continued unrest. Every company has politics, but the level between Indianapolis and New Jersey inhibits growth.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long term employees all get along

Retail Sales (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at RCI (Canada) full-time for more than 8 years

Prosvaried work with new developments

Conslong hours, holidays and no exceptions

Advice to Senior Managementraises needed to be comparable with other providers

Really good experience working in RCI

Customer Service/Sales Guide (Current Employee)
Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at RCI (Canada) full-time for more than a year

Pros- 4 weeks of extensive training + 6 weeks supervised transition period
- free gym and very reasonably priced big canteen with many menus and good quality on site
- massive recognition program with weekly competitions, prizes to be won, "top guide" programm and possibility to work for RCI in different places
- great, international team atmosphere
- good management that actually listens to you and at least gives you a proper explanation if something cannot be changed or is annoying
- 4 weeks of holidays minimum + free stays in RCI resorts worldwide (within availabilities)
- healtchare included
- good equipment and facilities, close to Cork City, 2nd biggest Irish city with many things to do
- average salary, good for starting and many, EASY ways to make bonuses

Cons- can be very stressful
- rather old and "spoiled" clientele (Timeshare owners)
- job can be frustrating because of limited possibilities to help customers which is mainly due to the business of Timeshare exchange holidays and not RCI itself

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Not too bad

I have been working at RCI (Canada) full-time for more than a year

ProsVery easy to get recognition for your performance. A lot of opportunities to make extra money. Advancement Opportunities are all over the place.

ConsA lot of egotistical mangers/ associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure every employee and manager adhere to RCI policy when speaking to customers. If you ask 10 people one question you will get 10 different answers.

Company has many diverse portfolio - direction of company is somewhat undetermined at times.

Manager, Product Development (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at RCI (Canada)

ProsGreat ideas and aspirations within the group.

ConsFunding and direction is an issue on project priorities.

Worked for RCI (Canada)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RCI (Canada) reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by RCI (Canada) employees.