RCO Legal Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014
1.8

Stephen Routh

Pros
  • casual dress code and im able to listen to my music (in 6 reviews)

• PTO- start with 4 weeks of PTO (includes sick time), relaxed environment for a law firm, very relaxed dress code (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise no training, which creates many issues in the ability to successfully perform the job (in 5 reviews)

• But, their extremely high turn-over rate speaks more to the truth of the situation (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Really frustrating experience

Former Employee - Judicial Foreclosure Specialist  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Judicial Foreclosure Specialist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came with a substantial amount of experience, but for the new entrants, working at RCO is a great way to learn the intricacies of the respective type of law.

Cons

Very unrealistic workload. The managers are completely inept at understanding the workload problem and putting into place procedures to solve it.

Focus on doing great work and the rest falls in line ... Emphasize attention to detail. It's the mistakes, however minor, that cause the delays. Get it right the first time.

Company has gone downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RCO Legal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent paid time off (don't try to take more than a week at a time though), flexible hours, great co-workers, supports team environment

Cons

Management hires and promotes their friends and family, no training which creates a situation where the few people that know what they are doing have to handle the majority of the work, they don't want to pay people who have knowledge what they are worth.

Stop giving priority treatment to your friends and family and start caring about your hard working employees. How can you tell who that is? Check with your clients they will let you know who goes the extra mile for them. Also, check with some of your managing attonreys to make sure they are the ones causing the problems in the depts. Inappropriate behavior at the top looks really bad!

If you only need a paycheck this *might* be a last resort

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RCO Legal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After 4 years my job has degraded to being just a paycheck. My hopes of a good career and future are completely gone.

Cons

Very poor middle management who can't make a decision to save their souls. Very disfunctional, disorganized and a poor working environment with outdated equipment. The worst part of my job at RCO is the dishonesty, extreme favoritism and unappreciative bosses who only care about furthering their careers while trampling on those who have done great things to make them look good.
    There have been numerous large layoffs in the recent few months including an entire development team, an entire office with many other people leaving of their own choice as the company outlook looks and feels grim.

Treat your employees with the respect, dignity and honesty that they deserve. Give them credit and sincere appreciation for all of the dedicated hard work that they give to their teams, managers and the company. Poor company culture.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No training. Clients shouldn't trust this law firm

Former Employee - Paralegal  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Honolulu, HI

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the employees are miserable. Misery loves company, so there's a lot of "we're in this mess together"

Cons

Absolutely no training. You watch an hour video on your first day. If clients knew that their work was being handled by confused kids who management hires (because they're cheap) and then fails to train, clients would RUN. I feel like this firm is guilty of malpractice almost! I had to quit because I couldn't get the training I needed (having been hired even though I told interviewers that I had no mortgage banking experience but was willing to LEARN), and I felt liable for the work I was doing (because I didn't know what I was doing).

Ton of turnover. Uncompetitive low pay.

Living nightmare - the supercuts of law firms

Former Employee - Judicial Foreclosure Specialist  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Judicial Foreclosure Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of paid time off, which you will need for the many days when facing the reality of going to work is just too heavy. Good pay.

Cons

Zero training, and I mean ZERO. You watch a two hour video on your first day and then you are given an impossible work list, already way behind from the last person who couldn't manage it. They throw you to the wolves. It took me several months to figure out how to do my job. Team leads and supervisors have no interest in helping you succeed and excel at the position they are paying you for. Different attorneys want different things and there are no clear answers. Since the attorneys are consulted regarding your performance review, you will not get a positive one. What one attorney values in your work, another will despise. You get the feeling the attorneys themselves are fresh out of law school and are faking it just as much as you surely are.

Treat your employees as though you actually want them to be there. Establish company wide policies on how work should be done so that productivity is consistent and proper.

Great first job out of college.

Former Employee - Judicial Case Manager - Paralegal  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Judicial Case Manager - Paralegal in Honolulu, HI

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, flexible work schedule for time off.

Cons

Workload seemed hopeless at times.

The hard working employee gets treated like something you throw out on trash day

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have a semi-pro. You get a Christmas bonus every year, but you get taxed 40% (which is normal) and they pull out money for you 401k as well as medical pay on your bonus. To put the cherry on top, it's a favorites game. If your manager likes you more than likely you will get a bigger bonus. You would like to think this is based on work performance, but it's not. Everyone has a different bonus amount. If you want a higher bonus, work in the accounting/billing dept. The paralegals get shafted at bounus time compared to the accounting/billing dept. The paralegals do way more work and they get compensated with half the bonus accounting dose.

Cons

To much work for what they have staffed for. Therefore, they put rediculous standards of what needs to be accomplished on the employee.

I understand bending to make your customer happy to an extent, but if you look like a pretzel at the end there's a problem.

They have a tendency of promoting the slacker/can care less worker over someone who actually cares about the job and want to make a difference.

Because of the nature of this job, (foreclosuring on homes and representing the banks interest in a bankruptcy) it has a very high turn over. Also, if you are a former drinker/smoker. This job will make you want to start smoking and drinking again. It's a really high stress job.

Stop rewarding the screw-ups.

Higher more employees who take pride in their work.

Decent job

Former Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed working environment, nice attorneys, good management. It's a decent job if you are starting out in the legal field and looking to get some experience. Flexible hours.

Cons

Benefits are alright, though raises are infrequent. As with any law office, some of the attorneys are easier to work with than others. Overall it is not a bad place to work though.

Great work environment.

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RCO Legal full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved my job here. It was a fun and friendly work environment. Very Flexible with time off. Great benefits. Everyone trying to help each other succeed. Challenges and projects are always available.

Cons

No tuition assistance or certification assistance program. Unorganized training program.

Employees are valuable, keeping them is crucial, hiring new employees is expensive. Investing in good employees and exploiting them is a lot more cost effective than rollover.

You are only a hamster on the wheel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at RCO Legal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here are my twenty words to keep the box filled. There is nothing nice about this place.

Cons

This place is not fun to work at you never know when you will walk in and see a group of employees packing up their desks or teams are left with out managers. This is a slave ship trying to be a law firm.

Worked for RCO Legal? Contribute to the Community!