RDC Reviews

2.6

Thomas Obermaier

Innovative growth company in Philly

I have been working at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a hard charging company that expects and demands high performers. We are all a part of team the mission, work hard and accomplish twice as much as any other company I've worked with. I am surprised by the negative reviewers, but the vehemence must come from those who couldn't make the cut. Managers are almost all promoted from within; hard work and achievement are rewarded in this growing team.

Cons

You are expected to give 100%; team is small and growth is demanding. Can be overwhelming at times.

Questionable Middle Level Manager

I have been working at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great product line and works with some key partners. As an employee you have access to colleagues with a lot of industry experience and can learn a lot from them. Take advantage of that. For the most part people are nice and willing to help you.

Cons

There are some mid level managers at RDC that are very difficult to work with. Upper management likely doesn't know your name, which is strange in such a small company. The company doesn't value hard work and dedication. There isn't a lot of room to grow. Training is limited and can be challenging.

Take the time to listen to what your employees are saying. Being a good sales person does not mean you will make a good leader.

The office situation, although slated to improve is not one that promotes success.

Promote effective training and coaching and look for ways to enable people to be successful.

I've seen too many good people leave and it makes it difficult to remain positive about the future of the company.

My experience was one of the worst I have experienced.

I worked at RDC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

None. There is nothing I can think of that I consider positive. It was hell being there. They couldn't even keep milk and sugar for the coffee.

Cons

No training, no process, Sr Mgt. is rude and abusive to the employees. The environment is toxic. No collaboration of efforts.

Consider valuing your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Careful what is posted here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at RDC full-time for less than a year

Pros

First, the company is located in King of Prussia, not Wilmington. Secondly, there are posts here which belong to other companies since RDC did not open European operations until March 2014. Finally, one of the comments from a sales person is from an individual who went a whole year without selling anything. Everyone should know the facts and consider the sources before they base their decision on what they read. The company has excellent investors and is growing. The culture is evolving and there is excitement.

Cons

The current office space is not idea but they are moving in the late Summer or early Fall to another location within two miles of their current office. Their teams are growing and the pain associated with that change is there, you need to be ready for it.

Pretty Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bosses usually don't show up so you're not expected to do very much. A very nominal effort is required. The pay can be acceptable, but there is no reward for doing well.

Cons

This place is incredibly toxic. Especially the IT security guys. They required all the blinds be closed on the windows because, "someone walking around the building could see that we have computers in the office and later come back to steal them."

regulatory affairs

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Boston, MA

I have been working at RDC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture of RDC very much.

Cons

I do not think there is any cons.

none

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, nice co-workers, nice facility, pizza bought in every Tuesday.

Cons

Aging computer system.Poor support, high turnover. 8 CEO'S in 13 years of it being formed. No raises. This place does not want to see people hang around and enjoy a career, there motto is stick around for 2 years, then move on somewhere else.

Give people a chance to succeed, rather then filling your pockets with greed!

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, nice people, nice facility, good place to start an entry level career.

Cons

No communication, no collaboration, no training of solutions, do not get paid for renewel or retentions of yearly subscriptions. No growth, to many closed door meetings.Way ..way to much turnover!, company has been around since 2002, since their conception they have gone through numersous C-level executives, HR Personnal, sales people & I T Architects.

Non of the senior management ever carried a briefcase, these C-level executives some former attorneys only know contracts..contracts..they dont know thow many phone calls or touches it takes to generate a prospect. At some point this excersise will allow you to climb "The ladder of Trust". Its called building a relationship with your clients. Something management does not know how to relate to, sad thing is most sales people only last 1 year if they are lucky.

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Analyst  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at RDC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was not bad. There were a lot of good middle level managers that seemed they had their hands tied by upper management

Cons

This company is extremely toxic, enter at your own risk. The senior management abuses and belittles the entire staff daily. There is no vision, direction or organization here. The morale is simply the lowest I have ever experienced. All in all, very depressing place to work.

Get rid of the Senior Managent. Let middle managent do their jobs, you have a lot of talented people working here.

Setting of expectations is non-existent.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I worked at RDC

Pros

Smart people. Nice people. Interesting line of business.

Cons

No process. Everything requires a heroic effort. No efforts o get anything done right the first time, or even the second. Very poor planning of projects. Information about the job given in the interview was not the job I ended up doing. All efforts to do the job hired for were met with resistance.

Build better products by incorporating effective planning and better project management. Need good SDLC practices.

Worked for RDC? Contribute to the Community!