RED Interactive Agency

ff0000.com

RED Interactive Agency Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Brian Lovell

A great place to grow your career

Pros-The team at RED has supported me as I have built my career. As a younger employee, I have received incredible support and encouragement as I've learned the ropes and identified my interests. I know that they "have my back" and want to see me succeed as an employee. I've witnessed many employees come on board and receive the support necessary to find their sweet spot within the company.

- I love the people here. All of the employees are strong in their fields and take pride in their work. They are constantly working to improve their own skill set and educate themselves on what's next in the industry. That general attitude has encouraged me personally to learn and grow within the space and truly understand how things are changing in digital, creative, and advertising.

- The employees at RED have very little ego. Everyone (including upper management) is very approachable.

- They are very flexible with people with families or other circumstances. People that have families are able to leave at 6 on the dot to be with their kids. In general, the work life balance is really great.

ConsProcess here is unique. So, if you've worked in places with more general processes or structures, there can be a steep learning curve. But, generally, people are patient when on boarding. Most people find this gives them the freedom to work in a way that makes sense for their individual work style, while still working with a team.

The Best Place I Have Ever Worked

ProsI've had enough jobs over my career to know that I have found my home. The creative energy at RED is something that motivates me everyday. Everyone at RED wants to push boundaries and create amazing work, something that is very important to me. There is an incredible culture at RED where everyone seems to really like each other and enjoy spending time together during and after work. Also, management at RED has been incredibly supportive; it truly does feel like a family.

ConsThere isn't a ton of hierarchy here. So, for some, that can be a con. For me, and most people at RED, it means less red tape and bureaucracy. We have leaders at RED, not managers.

Experienced team, innovative work, great brands and products.

ProsThe team is really stellar. Everyone is very experienced, cares tremendously about doing the best work possible and works together well. There are very few ego's in this company, which makes for easy and fluid collaboration. The work is innovative, often pushing the limits of technology and creative. Creative and technology work hand in hand to make this happen - it's not a relay race. Solid top tier brands to work on.

Company culture is friendly and easy to integrate into for new employees. Management are accessible and knowledgeable. It's a really friendly and fun place to work, with nice office space and a great work life balance.

ConsNot a lot of major cons, no real gripes. The work is challenging and can be complex, making for intense days and the need to focus - but I see that as a pro, not a con. It's definitely not boring.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promotes a learning environment

(Current Employee)

ProsOne thing that is very evident, is that you'll be working around very talented people. The work is very inspiring and you'll find that creative and technical ideas are shared on a continuous basis. You'll find individuals that have high levels of expertise in their field and believe in building their overall knowledge in that field.

The company has a family environment and invites activities outside of work, such as a running club, to name a few. It's a fun and highly creative company to work for.

ConsRed has grown quite rapidly in the past few years, which brings up some growing pain concerns that have been gradually addressed.

An amazing place to work - Way ahead of the curve Creatively and Technically.

Front End Developer (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsHigh-profile, "household name" clients. Amazingly talented creatives and developers. Super smart, friendly, & approachable creative directors, executives and project managers. Open, passionate, rich & collaborative development culture. If you want to work on world-class, bleeding-edge websites and advertising campaigns this is the place. RED does digital: Flash, HTML5, Javascript, Node, Ruby, Grunt, & Python are all in the bag. Responsive design, iOS apps, 3D, motion-graphics, RED does it all with panache. The office is very slick and comfortable and there's endless free fruit and snacks.

ConsFor me the biggest con was that I'm an east-coast kid at heart.

Honest reviews?

Pros1. Talented people.
    2. Fun Projects.

Cons1. All the 5 star reviews are written in three months between Sep - Dec, 2013. Isn't that a little odd?
    2. Clicks at work.
    3. Pick your lane carefully.
    4. Low salary.

RED Interactive Agency VP, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jan 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review RED. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you've enjoyed the projects and the people.

We have had an increase in the number of people
    ... More

The Only Digital Agency I Will Ever Work For!

Executive Producer - Digital Ad Team (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsRED is an incredibly dynamic work environment. There is a genuine culture around innovation. Opportunities to ideate and work on campaign-level strategies abound. The client list and the work product speak for themselves (check out the portfolio). Recent and pending new clients include some really nnovative and forward-thinking brands. The culture is very inclusive and gives anyone with passion, vision, and and something to contribute to the strategy a voice in the process. The work days are challenging and interesting, and the environment is fast-paced. The top management of the company operates at a very high-level of integrity and caring for the entire team. There is a huge emphasis on culture and on keeping the team inspired and engaged.

ConsThere has been a lot of recent growth as the addition of new accounts has required the company to scale (both in terms of new employees and expanding the physical space). This can create some organizational and communication challenges that companies sometimes see when they scale. it feels like these have been almost entirely overcome, and management is definitely dedicated to making sure that we have the right structure, communication, and workflow in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Nice environment, low salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe environment is friendly, the office space is new and pretty cool, you can find very nice people, good kitchen with snacks and bagels day every week. Nice experience, I would do it again if they offer a better salary.

ConsLow salaries (at least in my experience) sometimes chaotic management of projects make it stressful. In many occasions I experienced poor communication between different department can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should try to pay people more.

The Best Team I've Ever Been Part Of

Front End Developer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsRED is the most talented team I've ever worked with. I've learned more here in a year and a half than I did in the previous 8.5 years I spent with other agencies and start-ups. If you want to work with an exceptionally talented group of people where the sky is the limit for your career growth, this is the place for you.

ConsIt's a medium to large-ish company, so if you're coming from a small boutique agency or start-up, the size might be a bit overwhelming at first. Bot not to worry - management has taken great strides to make sure you get comfortable as quickly as possible.

Amazing owners, professional atmosphere and high standards

Creative (Former Employee)

ProsRED has very high expectations and you can feel it. The talent across all disciplines is mostly senior level and above with years of experience which makes for an inspiring and challenging (in a good way) environment. You get the sense that everyone here has this digital advertising thing down and is d*mn good at what they do. You'll push yourself to meet the high bar set by your colleagues.

There is little to no emphasis on hierarchy at RED. Your standing in the company is based on results. If you show you're good enough to take on and lead a project it's all yours.

I can't say enough about the owners as I think this is truly what sets RED apart from every other agency I have worked with. Their understanding of digital marketing - from a business approach down to the nitty gritty of web development - is impressive and it comes through in everything they do. They're involved. You can bounce ideas off of them, show them some first passes at creative, bring up concerns, etc... On top of all this they are great guys and have gone above and beyond for me both personally and professionally. The best in the business.

ConsLike a lot of reviews here have stated, RED has been growing steadily over the last few years and there are of course some pains that come with it. To me they are pretty minimal and more around personal preference (some like a small agency feel, others not) than actual issues with the company. As the projects have grown in scope RED has been adding more and more specialty positions. Working through how to best incorporate them into the process is not necessarily a con, just a reality of a growing company.

RED's environment is creative, but professional. The focus is on the work and while the people are fun and friendly there is not as much goofing around as you'll find at other shops. This just comes down to what your preference is.

Worked for RED Interactive Agency? Contribute to the Community!