RED Interactive Agency Reviews

4.4
Brian Lovell

Great Culture

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time

Pros

I loved working at RED. Awesome people, work I can feel proud of. Their VP, HR cares in a way that I have not seen before at previous agencies. And the CEO and President are both accessible and care.

Cons

I do not have any "cons" about this agency but only about the overall industry and trends toward a lack of work- life balance and crazy-making. Again, industry-wide.

2. Good People

I worked at RED Interactive Agency

Pros

- good salary
    - smart people
    - forward thinking

Cons

- employment/HR practices are questionable

Nice place to work, a little boring at times

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice people for the most part. Well stocked kitchen. Easy parking. Talented designers.

Cons

There is frequent downtime between projects and frequent closed-door meetings make me fear for my job. HR seems less than genuine and can add a little drama. The office can seem a little slow and boring at times.

Take time to check in with everyone on an individual basis. There is almost a family environment here, but some people feel left out.

RED Interactive Agency Response

Feb 10, 2015CEO

Thanks for the feedback. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed the people at RED (for the most part) and appreciated the well stocked kitchen and convenient parking. We hope that these little perks help ... More

Good company, nice environment.

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency

Pros

People are really nice and talented

Cons

Upper management only trusts a few people

A great place to grow your career

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency

Pros

-The team at RED has supported me as I have built my career. As a younger employee, I have received incredible support and encouragement as I've learned the ropes and identified my interests. I know that they "have my back" and want to see me succeed as an employee. I've witnessed many employees come on board and receive the support necessary to find their sweet spot within the company.

- I love the people here. All of the employees are strong in their fields and take pride in their work. They are constantly working to improve their own skill set and educate themselves on what's next in the industry. That general attitude has encouraged me personally to learn and grow within the space and truly understand how things are changing in digital, creative, and advertising.

- The employees at RED have very little ego. Everyone (including upper management) is very approachable.

- They are very flexible with people with families or other circumstances. People that have families are able to leave at 6 on the dot to be with their kids. In general, the work life balance is really great.

Cons

Process here is unique. So, if you've worked in places with more general processes or structures, there can be a steep learning curve. But, generally, people are patient when on boarding. Most people find this gives them the freedom to work in a way that makes sense for their individual work style, while still working with a team.

The Best Place I Have Ever Worked

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've had enough jobs over my career to know that I have found my home. The creative energy at RED is something that motivates me everyday. Everyone at RED wants to push boundaries and create amazing work, something that is very important to me. There is an incredible culture at RED where everyone seems to really like each other and enjoy spending time together during and after work. Also, management at RED has been incredibly supportive; it truly does feel like a family.

Cons

There isn't a ton of hierarchy here. So, for some, that can be a con. For me, and most people at RED, it means less red tape and bureaucracy. We have leaders at RED, not managers.

Experienced team, innovative work, great brands and products.

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team is really stellar. Everyone is very experienced, cares tremendously about doing the best work possible and works together well. There are very few ego's in this company, which makes for easy and fluid collaboration. The work is innovative, often pushing the limits of technology and creative. Creative and technology work hand in hand to make this happen - it's not a relay race. Solid top tier brands to work on.

Company culture is friendly and easy to integrate into for new employees. Management are accessible and knowledgeable. It's a really friendly and fun place to work, with nice office space and a great work life balance.

Cons

Not a lot of major cons, no real gripes. The work is challenging and can be complex, making for intense days and the need to focus - but I see that as a pro, not a con. It's definitely not boring.

Honest reviews?

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency

Pros

1. Talented people.
    2. Fun Projects.

Cons

1. All the 5 star reviews are written in three months between Sep - Dec, 2013. Isn't that a little odd?
    2. Clicks at work.
    3. Pick your lane carefully.
    4. Low salary.

RED Interactive Agency Response

Jan 30, 2014VP, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review RED. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you've enjoyed the projects and the people.

We have had an increase in the number of people
    ... More

Promotes a learning environment

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time

Pros

One thing that is very evident, is that you'll be working around very talented people. The work is very inspiring and you'll find that creative and technical ideas are shared on a continuous basis. You'll find individuals that have high levels of expertise in their field and believe in building their overall knowledge in that field.

The company has a family environment and invites activities outside of work, such as a running club, to name a few. It's a fun and highly creative company to work for.

Cons

Red has grown quite rapidly in the past few years, which brings up some growing pain concerns that have been gradually addressed.

An amazing place to work - Way ahead of the curve Creatively and Technically.

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High-profile, "household name" clients. Amazingly talented creatives and developers. Super smart, friendly, & approachable creative directors, executives and project managers. Open, passionate, rich & collaborative development culture. If you want to work on world-class, bleeding-edge websites and advertising campaigns this is the place. RED does digital: Flash, HTML5, Javascript, Node, Ruby, Grunt, & Python are all in the bag. Responsive design, iOS apps, 3D, motion-graphics, RED does it all with panache. The office is very slick and comfortable and there's endless free fruit and snacks.

Cons

For me the biggest con was that I'm an east-coast kid at heart.

RED Interactive Agency Photos