RED Reviews

Updated May 25, 2014
2.9

RED Chief Executive Officer Andy McRae
Andy McRae

work hard, play hard, and make MONEY

I have been working at RED

Pros

Work hard, play hard. Red is a Awesome place to work. The coworkers and management are great. It’s like one big family. Senior management is supportive and wants you to be successful. The training is ongoing and I feel I like I learn new things every day.

The office is right in the middle of Manhattan and an easy commute with several subways located nearby.

Truth be told you get what you put in and this is not a place if you don’t want to be held accountable. If you want to make money, then you are in the right place. Commissions are un capped and there are some cool perks. Late nights out, team lunches at cools restaurants, and several team trips per year. Also 3 weeks paid vacation which I love.

Cons

the work hours can be long

keep on doing what you are doing

Avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Secret  in  Secret Town, CA
    Former Employee - Secret in Secret Town, CA

I worked at RED full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good location,Excellent people great canteen.good location

Cons

Apart from the new CEO the rest of management is rubbish and two faced with unprofessional approaches.Most of all HR is too buddy buddy with mangers making complaining against mangers difficult. unprofessional in all aspects.Also with the new CEO in place everyone is stabbing everyone to win brownie points.worked there for 4 years and i regret every bit of it.

Replace all mangers in each department.Start a fresh with new managers with positive vibes

Great management, awesome training, great company!

Former Employee - Database Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Database Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at RED part-time for more than a year

Pros

I WORKED IN THE NYC OFFICE. The management team is great, from the first day of training they guide step by step how to become successful in the SAP industry. They do not micromanage and give you every opportunity to make a lot of money. Ive never been part of something where the whole team is so helpful and appreciative of everything you do, literally everyone supports everyone its such a family atmosphere. The incentives are great, the company culture is great, happy hours group outings etc. I honestly feel blessed that I had the opportunity to start my career here.

Cons

If you arent ready to put in 100% dont work here. If you dont have ambitious goals, dont work here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities to succeed and make money- if you are prepared to actually work

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard their are real tangible payoffs- commission, items/holidays and promotions

Cons

You can't get away with being lazy and work shy

Challenging and fast-paced - A Unique Environment

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Environment - The office in London is fantastic

* People - God knows what one of the reviewers was on about the IQ level.

* Training - Sales and SAP training, these are just a couple of reason why Red staff are highly coveted by other recruitment agencies.

* Salary / Commission - There is the opportunity to earn a lot of money.

Cons

* Former Staff who review on Glassdoor - There seems to be three or four reviews written by the same person. Bad spelling, layout, overuse of the Thesaurus etc. In my opinion a prime candidate for natural de-selection.

* Commitment Levels - If you are lazy you will get found out. If that's what you want to be, don't interview here.

Terrible place to work for !

I worked at RED

Pros

Location , location and location !
    I cannot think of any other positives in this place.

Cons

Poor management and aggressive environment. The working hours are long. I would not recommend this place to anyone !

Management style is too aggressive . The employees needs to be treated with more respect.

The Reviews Just Don't Do Red Justice

Current Employee - Operation/Back Office  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operation/Back Office in London, England (UK)

I have been working at RED full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reading some of the reviews on Glassdoor, I had to wonder what company these people had been working at? Take a look at the reviews on other websites and it's a completely different story...

Red has a fun working environment,, good equality, the office is fantastic with a pool tables, fussball etc. There is also an on site Café where you can get breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Yes Red is no longer in Piccadilly Circus but that office was falling apart around us. The St. Paul's / Bank is a great location with great links to transport and the rest of London. The Underground station is 5 minutes away and the area is full of shops, bars and restaurants for lunch break and after work.

Having been here for 3+ years and I've seen the ups and the downs but this is genuinely one of the most enjoyable companies to work for. If you are prepared to work hard there are real benefits - commission, incentives and career progression.

Every business faces growing pains, especially one that's grown from 3 offices to 10 in the 3 years and almost tripled the size of the staff in that time too. I'd personally take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt.

Cons

There has been a lack of communication between all the employees and managers. This has sometimes felt like a lack of direction. This is being addressed by the change of leadership, which is a breath of fresh air, but people need to be patient.

The way that performance for the sales side of the business is reported is a little bit questionable. Statistics and metrics around call times, number of calls etc are out dated to say the least.

Working hours can be long but in a selling environment that isn't unusual. However there needs to be a change in the approach to the lack of flexibility around this.

Drive innovation through the business with new a strategy, working practices and technology.

Bad experience

Former Employee - Resource/Sales  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resource/Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't really have much to say in the way of positives. Location was good and some of the people were great but they also left the business.

Cons

If you are doing well you are vaunted, if you are having a hard time you are castigated without help. If you want to leave it is frowned upon for this. Use of unethical methods to get results from customers and candidates.

Sort of issues- highest staff turnover i have ever seen

Worst company to work for. End of story.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro would be that the location was quite nice near to Piccadilly. It was too good to be true so they moved to the Bank...

Cons

First thing first, salaries are catastrophic. Commission structure is even worse, they will always promise you everything you want to hear but you can't see the rewards of your work. Place where I met the most stupid people of my entire life. It seems that you need an IQ below 70 to remain in this company. The lower the IQ, the higher the position in the Red hierarchy.
    Company culture is totally disastrous too. Simply no work ethics at all: candidates are just used to open new Business Development doors, and clients are just considered as potential earnings. Of course, the important is to lie to both.

Just fire everybody and then burn the office!!

Terrible Management

Former Employee - Resourcing Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at RED full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really nice and kind colleagues. Extensive training.

Cons

Some management people are extremely egoistic and aggressive. Basically they do not respect who you are as a human being. The most important thing is to please their ego and make money for them.
    Extremely long working hours. Some staff even work for around 13 hours everyday. The management will try everything to push you turning into a work machine.
    There is very limited feedback you can get. Most managers are hypocritical and greedy.
    During the time I worked there, I did not feel much respect from the managers.

Pay some attention to your ego problems and be less greedy.

RED Photos

Worked for RED? Contribute to the Community!