REHAU Inc Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
3.2

REHAU Inc CEO Kathleen Saylor
Kathleen Saylor

Enjoyed the work; thought the company was a good one; Cullman upper management sucked

Former Employee - Office  in  Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Office in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed what I did at Rehau; and most of the people I worked with. It feels like a family there sometimes. The money is good--the best I've found, especially in Cullman. The benefits package is good. Good HR department in Cullman. Some Managers are pretty laid back in letting you do your job the way you think it should be done.

Cons

They make you feel like you should never take a vacation. Inadequate training. Some Managers, including Albert Von Pelser, Plant Manager, have their favorite people and that's who they cater to and the only ones they really care about. It is still a "good ol' boy" system, even if it is a German company. Lots of pressure put on everybody, it seemed.

Get more people as "back-ups." Take time to get to know your employees--their personalities, strengths, weaknesses and WHAT THEY DO. A new manager came in and never took the time to understand what it was that I did, so assumed I did practically nothing; and did not take the time to train me, knowing that I did not know the industry, unlike his predecessor, who encouraged me and tried to help get me trained on how a company like this works for my own benefit.

Great company to work! Good benefits and career path

I worked at REHAU Inc

Pros

Great company to work for.....great benefits and management

Cons

I can not think of any

clerical shipping staff

Former Employee - Clerical Staff  in  Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Clerical Staff in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU Inc as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

they are open minded with new skills

Cons

always having a meeting and pointing the staff

keeping up your leadership

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clerical Staff

Current Employee - Clerial Staff  in  Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Clerial Staff in Cullman, AL

I have been working at REHAU Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Because I needed a job

Cons

Office culture and they trained the new staff not informative.

Moderate discussion, gossip inside the office and eating even its not break-time

How mismanagement has made REHAU, Inc take a nose dive in North America!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at REHAU Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

REHAU, Inc is the North American subsidiary of a privately owned company of the same name (REHAU). REHAU employs globally over 17,000 people and is active in all continents.
    REHAU is a solid company with great market spread based on three main business areas: Automotive, Construction and General Industrial products. This is what gives REHAU, the base to potentially navigate any economical crises while also exploiting a great variety of business opportunities.
    As a privately owned company, REHAU, Inc. greatest advantage is the possibility given to management to take decisions based on best-practice principles without having to necessarily think how it will benefit the share-holder.

Cons

In spite of the apparent freedom management has to take the "best" decisions, these are rarely taken. This is because there is not really a local independent decision-making process for REHAU, Inc. but rather an obscure at times erratic decision-making process taking place somewhere else far away by individuals who are not directly involved in the local business. At the end, the business decisions are usually taken too late and are not the most sound ones. It is really very unfortunate as REHAU, Inc. has truly a great potential for growth in NA and simply is not taking advantage of it.
    This particular situation has been deteriorating in the last 5 or 6 years, in spite of the efforts of the current CEO (Mr. Christian Fabian).

REHAU, Inc. used to be a great company to work for. It has never been the company paying the highest salaries but it compensated by providing a great sense of stability, job security and acceptable benefits to the employees. In the past 5 - 6 years the work conditions have been deteriorating and by now not much is left from the stability, job security or benefits it once offered....

REHAU AS global employer

Former Employee - Director  in  Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Leesburg, VA

I worked at REHAU Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

REHAU is a global company, with guidelines, direction and a clear forward visión. Relocations, salaries and benefits are attractively structured and used. It is very common to see employees who have been at the company 10+ years.

Cons

Very competitive, stressing environment. You have to be an expert in your área and be able to contribute constantly and maintain a high level of commitment.

The REB´s should come closer to the rest of us. Living in a bubble is not right.

Horrible!!!!! Worse bunch of hypocrites I have ever seen

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing at all, no structure and "Good ol' boy system in full swing"

Cons

Everything that makes up a company

Restructure and get rid of the losers in HR.....

Intern with REHAU

Current Employee - Intern  in  Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Intern in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at REHAU Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

REHAU is a world wide privately held company. The internship was a great way to get an international corporate feel, while still maintaining a family culture. Everyone in the company is easy to talk to and will always be helpful. Overall, if you are looking for something more, REHAU is the place for you.

Cons

The employees at REHAU are always there to help. Nothing bad to say!

Can not trust any of the upper management or H.R. Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and pay for the area. Very good work force for the most part. Great place to learn manufacturing skills. Rehau as a company is a wonderful place to work.
    There values and culture are one of the best around ( Plant cullman needs some serious changes made from upper management to the H.R. Department)

Cons

Very off center work life balance. The more you work the more they expect out of you. Plant cullman does not follow Rehau founding values. Jobs created and under qualified people hired due to the buddy system. No support from upper management on the shop floor. No set direction on accomplishing targets. In general no good leadership.

Restructure Plant Cullman's management

Stay away from Cullman - the rest of REHAU is mostly OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU Inc full-time

Pros

Good hard working people there.

Good products and customer base.

Cullman is very supportive of the industries it has.

Good location to infrastructure.

Cons

The management operates off of intimidation.

The management does not respect the individual and their opinion.

The management does not listen to those that are in a position of support.

The management feels that there is only one way to do things based off his experiences alone.

People are hired from the outside instead of internal job postings and using the talent from within.

The people hired from the outside are only hired for who they know (the management) not from a proven history or experience.

They cannot properly track their financial situation and inventory.

They will not properly invest in what is needed to provide for their upcoming customer demands.

Stop chasing off the talent and experience needed to improve the situation and listen to those that can help.

REHAU Inc Photos

stall layout

+ Add Photo

Worked for REHAU Inc? Contribute to the Community!