REHAU Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Jobst Wagner

1. Competitive Global Company; Great Place to Work for Anyone Who Enjoys Challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at REHAU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Competent leadership - Supportive and respectful of employees - Good benefits - Privately-owned (no obligation to shareholders; fewer "reactive" business decisions) - Culturally diverse - Challenging work projects REHAU is a German-based polymer innovator with more than 19,000 employees worldwide. I work within a cross-border team dispersed throughout our locations in South America, Canada, Mexico and the US. We are encouraged to share competencies and knowledge to strengthen the whole team. Management is accessible and communication about business performance is open. Whether a unit director, engineer, executive or production employee, the expectation is that we each are very good at our profession or skill, have a good work ethic, problem solving abilities and enjoy being challenged. If you want an easy job at a company that settles for "just okay" performance from you or from itself, this isn't the place. At the same time, if you express a need or concern, whether professional (training, education) or personal (family issue, illness) my experience has been that the company is supportive, respectful and flexible. Communication is the key. Other notes: REHAU (Leesburg) has a beautiful, open campus with wildlife, trees and expansive lawn areas. It is located on one of the highest elevations in the area with sweeping views.

Cons

- Somewhat bureaucratic / traditional (this can be positive and negative) - Slower to adapt to some workplace trends No Utopian company exists, nor does the perfect employee. All things considered, REHAU is doing well and right by its employees.

2. HR IS BAD NO HELP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

I have been working at REHAU

Pros

Money. insurance friendly employees long hours though

Cons

Management sucks had a problem he sweep it under a rug

Advice to Management

Listen and work with others

3. An overall good company

Current Employee - Engineer in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cullman, AL

I have been working at REHAU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership allows for employees to assume ownership for projects and tasks at a high level. Company ownership seems genuinely interested in the well being of the company and individual locations. Work-life balance is pretty good.

Cons

Senior leadership are overseas and their visibility to the local team is weak. Systems can be cumbersome and often limiting to getting the job done quickly.

5. Disappointing....

I have been working at REHAU

Pros

Company is showing some growth especially in the Furniture area Relative time-off freedom Local management seems to care (but unfortunately has no decision power because senior leadership is abroad )

Cons

Negative work atmosphere. Heavy, at times depressing. Nothing is ever good enough. Non-compensated overtime and meager bonuses is the norm. Financial department is in shambles. The auditors never seem to leave as nothing gets ever truly resolved. Career path non-existent although it is obvious how this could be improved. After many years of anonymous surveys to probe employee opinion the results are clearly mediocre...Don't they get it?

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees! : REHAU still has a core of knowledgeable employees but they never seem to get the recognition and career opportunities they deserve. Local management needs to observe and develop the local markets : if it is good somewhere else in the world it is not necessary good in North or South America. Wasted personnel talent ! You have to develop original products for the markets you are responsible for.

6. Intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at REHAU

Pros

lots of freedom to access information

Cons

lacking support for management level

7. A satisfying challenge with many opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Technician in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Technician in Cullman, AL

I have been working at REHAU

Pros

B.C. B.S. Insurance Flexible schedule Almost O.E.M. pay levels Good 401k

Cons

You have to provide most of your work tools.

8. They are very German. A lot of diversity. Were inefficient with processes and don't take care of their employees well.

I worked at REHAU

Pros

Campus is nice. I needed some extra words for this section.

Cons

They don't use the new nice building and instead put all of their employees in the old outdated building while they rent the brand new one to other companies.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees better and don't be afraid to modernize how your treat them.

Enjoyed the work; thought the company was a good one; Cullman upper management sucked

Former Employee - Office in Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Office in Cullman, AL

I worked at REHAU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed what I did at Rehau; and most of the people I worked with. It feels like a family there sometimes. The money is good--the best I've found, especially in Cullman. The benefits package is good. Good HR department in Cullman. Some Managers are pretty laid back in letting you do your job the way you think it should be done.

Cons

They make you feel like you should never take a vacation. Inadequate training. Some Managers, including Albert Von Pelser, Plant Manager, have their favorite people and that's who they cater to and the only ones they really care about. It is still a "good ol' boy" system, even if it is a German company. Lots of pressure put on everybody, it seemed.

Advice to Management

Get more people as "back-ups." Take time to get to know your employees--their personalities, strengths, weaknesses and WHAT THEY DO. A new manager came in and never took the time to understand what it was that I did, so assumed I did practically nothing; and did not take the time to train me, knowing that I did not know the industry, unlike his predecessor, who encouraged me and tried to help get me trained on how a company like this works for my own benefit.

10. Great company to work! Good benefits and career path

I worked at REHAU

Pros

Great company to work for.....great benefits and management

Cons

I can not think of any

11. Clerical Staff

Current Employee - Clerial Staff in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Clerial Staff in Cullman, AL

I have been working at REHAU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because I needed a job

Cons

Office culture and they trained the new staff not informative.

Advice to Management

Moderate discussion, gossip inside the office and eating even its not break-time

RSS Feed </> Embed