REI Systems Reviews

Reset
3.5
REI Systems President & CEO Veer Bhartiya
Veer Bhartiya

Pros
  • Flexible hours, nice working environment (in 7 reviews)

• If u stay a long time and if they like you the benefits are good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of core working hours, so that folks can plan their daily activities better (in 6 reviews)

• After all this hard work also, do not expect recognition unless you have out of office friendship with managers (in 4 reviews)

1. Principal Software Engineer

I have been working at REI Systems full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you are looking to work with good people. Lot of fun activities throughout the year.

Cons

Rely heavily on client's work income which causes the company to struggle to innovate.

Mixed feelings- lots of good and some bad

I worked at REI Systems

Pros

Great people, flex hours and good benefits. Work is busy and keeps us on our toes.so people who like to be productive will love it -not a place for slackers!

Cons

1. Salaries were lower, exec management worked with HR to benchmark salaries against industry standards. However implementation was not consistent across Business units. The group where i worked salaries were not changed to match the benchmarks for most employees if not all. 2. Even though the company is small, each Business unit operates in their own worlds. Some units are very organized, process oriented and others are chaotic at best.

Advice to Management

Ensure consistency in work processes and compensation across the company Take more risk

Proud to Work at REI Systems!

I have been working at REI Systems

Pros

I've been an employee at REI for 8 years and I'm very proud to say this. No company is perfect but REI really goes the distance to make employees happy. Winning one of the Top Workplaces award really exemplifies this. It was the employees who provided the nominations so that tells you that the majority of the staff enjoy working here. My assumption is that many of the negative remarks posted here are by employees who were asked to leave REI because they were poor performers and also it looks like a small number of these employees are putting up multiple posts to drive REI's rating down.

Cons

Some managers could benefit from soft skills training so they can better relate to their employees. The 360 review process and the hiring of a professional/personal coach is helping to address this need.

Advice to Management

Continue to make investments in our employees. We have come a long way in the last 2 years and it really shows. Please keep this positive momentum going!

My positon at REI keeps Beautifully Unfolding

I have been working at REI Systems

Pros

nice offices, open mindset of my boss, willingness to experiment and try new things, earnest co-workers

Cons

Sometimes the owners/leaders of the company are only 90% willing to walk the walk

Advice to Management

Enforce accountability in small ways. Yes, modeling it is important, yet there are times when some small unilateral rules are needed

6. REI Systems is a great place to work

I have been working at REI Systems

Pros

- Very supportive of its employees - Plenty of growth opportunities - Encourages participation in Open Source community - Green company

Cons

- Traditionally, not the most competitive with salaries when moving up within the company, but they are making efforts to rectify that.

7. Software Developer II

I worked at REI Systems full-time

Pros

REI will pay you a high salary, and the employees who work there are mostly enthusiastic people with smiles on their faces.

Cons

The cost of living for the area is fairly high compared to other cities. Many of their workers are H1B workers which means that they are able to push their employees harder and use the revocation of their H1B as leverage.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong culture.

Amazing Workplace (so happy that we finally got the recognition in top work places)

Current Employee - Manager in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working people, great benefits, awesome teams/culture The founder of the company has hired a fulltime people coach to give support to the employees...seriously who does that? This is how much the management cares about their employees Well deserved recognition for being ranked number 11!!!

Cons

Some managers are micro managers - but last year has been all about improvement in this area

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - listening to all your emlpoyees

9. REI Systems needs work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong organization and well qualified workers.

Cons

No African American promotions, poor work culture and work hours too long and with little reward

Advice to Management

Find qualified African Americans....they can do the job just as well.

Happy Work/Life Balance

I have been working at REI Systems full-time

Pros

I have been working at REI Systems for ~3 months and I have never been so happy to go to work in the morning. Everyone is very friendly and working hours are very flexible, allowing your life to be more than work. REI managers also challenge you and work with you to advance your career to the next step. Professional development hours are very helpful in expanding your skillset as REI encourages continuous improvement for every employee. Management is very reactive to any employee concerns and always works to fully engage employees.

Cons

Salary raises could be more frequent but there is an initiative in place in an attempt to mediate this.

Advice to Management

Some managers are not effective so there should be more thorough management reviews as to ensure only the best managers are directing their employees, which will limit attrition.

excellent place full of amazing people!

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at REI Systems

Pros

excellent place full of amazing people!

Cons

bad emails are the cons

Advice to Management

more raises and promotions

RSS Feed </> Embed