REI Systems Reviews

Reset
3.5
REI Systems President & CEO Veer Bhartiya
Veer Bhartiya

Pros
  • Flexible hours, nice working environment (in 7 reviews)

• If u stay a long time and if they like you the benefits are good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of core working hours, so that folks can plan their daily activities better (in 6 reviews)

• After all this hard work also, do not expect recognition unless you have out of office friendship with managers (in 4 reviews)

This place is a Joke.

I worked at REI Systems

Pros

I cant think of any

Cons

HR is protected and so are the managers. No matter what unethical things occur in the workplace HR will not go to bat for you because they are intimidated by senior leadership and the managers who have relationships with these executives.

Managers who are "in" with senior leadership have carte blanche to do what they want, when they want and to whom they want even when the actions are not warranted.

I do not recommend working here and I am surprised there have not been any lawsuits laid down upon this company with the way they have treated individuals. Plenty of other good opportunites in the area for you. Keep looking!

Rubbish idiotic environment. Bunch of jokers

I worked at REI Systems

Pros

Secure job for non performers as long as they do what they are forced to do

Cons

Everything that could be wrong at a workplace including harassment of women at the hands of male chauvinistic leadership. HR is in bed with the idiots

Advice to Management

Nothing can save u from disgrace. You have been a diagrace and will continue to be so.

India Office is a chop shop, worst culture and work

Former Employee - Team Lead in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Pune (India)

I worked at REI Systems

Pros

I could find only one positive point.

1) Office location.

Cons

1) First of all there is no culture, learning and expertise.
    2) Unskilled and incapable people sitting at a decision making position. Mid level managers are worst of lot. There are people who have no credentials as well as no knowledge either technically or in management but impose themselves in every other task making working much more frustrating.
    3) To make it clear REI India have no assets (everything is rented) so not sure how much job security is there. It is vendor to REI US and does some small time projects of Pune local government. So by no way (neither legally nor working wise) it is a subsidiary to REI US.
    4) Work is sub par and no guidance or learning will be provided if you are at junior position. This company can prove as career killer if someone starts their career with it.
    5) Some of the positive reviews are added by management themselves in order to retain and hire new joiners. There have been frequent cases where people run away after staying just day or 2.
    6) Policies are at it worst. You have to clock 9 hrs of working time per day compulsorily, a minute less to that will get you salary deducted. Your breaks are monitored at minute level. Other policies are :
    a) No sick leave/emergency leave.
    b) Only 1.5 months paid maternity leave (law states 3 months).
    c) No paternity leave.
    d) No lunches, snacks etc.
    e) Work from home only if management feels that you are loaded with work.

7) Promises in this company is a lie and won't be honored. Management is known to not keep their word. Your comp offs will not be recorded properly and will be denied later on.

8) Culture and atmosphere is very dull, no outings, party etc.

9) Managers are rude, shouting is frequent at this place. Your suggestions will be brutally killed.

10) In my case they called my employer after first interview round in order to verify my salary. They are highly unprofessional. Junior managers are more interested in knowing candidates salary. So don't reveal your salary just to anyone.

In short, if you are capable enough this is not a place for you

Advice to Management

Improve yourself. Learn and promote learning.

All-American sweatshop! Minus the Americans.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good digs, good work computer. I had enough time to pick up lunch at the gas station nearby and eat at my desk.

Cons

Above is the best I could do on good things. The employees are seen as tools, not people. I know this because I climbed the ladder quickly and got to hear the management discussions about their underlings. It's not good. I would never treat people the way they do by default.

I was working 13 hour days minimum, and I only tolerated it because I don't have dependents of my own. Please, do me a favor and don't ever entertain the idea of working at REI. You can thank me over a beer sometime.

Advice to Management

No advice, you're the problem. Just sell the company and move on.

Run, don't walk!

I worked at REI Systems full-time

Pros

Good location, nice offices and facilities.

Cons

Only do one thing--web-based software development. If you are from a foreign country, like India, this might be a good place to get experience, citizenship, or both. Be prepared for long hours, bad management, playing favorites, and not carry over vacation hours for they never gave you time off. If you are a manager, Indian or not, you should run, not walk from this place. No opportunities for advancement, losing contracts.

Advice to Management

Replace the management team or sell the company. Lies add up.

Sweatshop Masquerading as Government Contractor

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flex hours
    - Can work from home occasionally, if pre-arranged with supervisor

Cons

- Unimaginative management.
    - Poor HR department.
    - Abysmal in-house communications.
    - Clients are never wrong.

Advice to Management

- Realize that REI is no longer a small business.
    - Hire managers with American know-how, who don't act like slaves in front of government clients.
    - Stop lying to employees and treating them like idiots.
    - Revamp the HR department to be a professional, pro-employee (instead of exclusively pro-management) organization.

Think twice before joining this company

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location and THAT'S IT.

Cons

If you have some self-esteem you should think ten times before joining this company. Bad management (from top to bottom) to the core. Most of the managers you will get chance to work with don't care about you spending some quality time with your family. This company preaches work life balance but don't follow it. Not to mention all the favoritism that is shown by these managers to the people who loves to say 'YES' to their every demand. If you go against their will then only god can save you. If you survive working in this company under their evil management, you can survive anywhere in this universe.

Advice to Management

Open up your eyes and mind and seriously start looking after the well being of your (non-managerial level) employees. They deserve better for all the hard work they are putting in on day to day basis.

Very disappointing place to work for

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros are stable (so I thought) employment and steady work. Very smart CEO and technology is very advanced.

Cons

Lack of even a single African American in Management since company inception, if I say more it will be easy to know who I am so suffice it to say I am very unhappy .No promotion to good loyal employees, only friends and family get promoted. I was never promoted my entire time there, suffered discriminatory actions against me many times and even though it was brought to HR three times nothing was ever done, believe it or not. I was lied to repeatedly and generally treated very poorly by people there for far less time than I was, the manager of my team spent more time home than in the office and played favorites and ignored my hard work. I gave my best effort which never seemed to be enough until I discovered I was born with the wrong color skin and then I was able to see clearly. I was lied to repeatedly both in front of my face and behind my back and suffice it to say, I am unhappy about my time there and would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are able to have a thick skin, the managers are very hard driving and low complementing. I am glad I am elsewhere now because discrimination is real there. Those from the Northern part of India have it best there.

Advice to Management

New managers who actually care about their employees.

Keep away

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cannot find any. Even required 5 words. I didn't meet before such lack of respect to employees.

Cons

Not american company. Ugly work ethic, poor management, working overtime is a must. I wonder why people still stay there?

Advice to Management

None. Disrespect.

REI systems

I have been working at REI Systems full-time

Pros

Great co workers
    Flexible hours
    Low morale

Cons

No Promotion
    Promotes only friends and family

RSS Feed </> Embed