REMEC Defense and Space

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack A Giles

Great high-tech employer.

Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsExcellent level of job security. Satisfaction of working on defense-related projects. Senior engineering staff is extremely knowledgeable and approachable. Electrical engineers are considered "responsible engineers" and are ultimately in charge of all aspects of the project - this has its drawbacks but I like the level of personal responsibility and the amount of ownership you have for your projects. Also, the stuff we do is pretty cutting-edge as far as design complexity and performance.

ConsBenefits package is okay, but not excellent as compared to similar high-tech companies in the industry. Total compensation package is a little bit lower than similar companies when you include lack of bonuses and stock options. Projects are cyclical and at times you can end up working up to 60 hours a week. Average is probably around 50 hours a week. Also, many companies in the industry have adopted a 9/80 work week (every other Friday off) but we don't have that.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a system of bonuses.

good

Electronic Technician (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsPerformed the set-up, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of circuits, components,
    and instruments. Determined and developed test specification, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Experience testing I

Conssorry I do not know this side of company remed defence. even work more than seven years.that I do not how to say.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep do good job

A rollercoaster with good and bad at each turn.

RF Technician II (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGovernment work that seems stable at times but can change with legislation.

ConsVery political. Difficult to move up if you don't rub shoulders with the right people.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbably not the best idea to keep hacking away at employee benefits and perks.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsEasy place to hide and do nothing and still get paid. This seems to work for most people here. Management is unaware of the stuff that "doesn't" go on here. More time is spent taking smoking breaks than actually working programs

ConsSweat shop! All they care about is production profits and getting product out the door. PM'S are scape goats for all problems. Serious issue of lack of resources and prioritizing effort. They do little to no resoure planning. Would not recommend this place to any PM looking for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee. The old "pound the fist on the table" management style is out dated. You ahve good people. Get some good management and focus on doing the job right. This company needs a shack up!

Challenging daily work

MMIC Design Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsInteresting Microwave design challenging on LNAs and GPS systems

ConsNot enought job opportunities to retain employees

Worked for REMEC Defense and Space? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at REMEC Defense and Space reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for REMEC Defense and Space CEO Jack A Giles. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by REMEC Defense and Space employees.