REPUCOM Reviews

PAUL SMITH

Global Leader in Sports Measurement and Research

Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Repucom for 6 months now and have enjoyed my experience on the whole. Strong leadership who are smart, approachable, supportive and demand great work, but also know when it's time to close the laptop and have some fun. Also, we have access to data across the industry, worldwide, that no one else has, so it's a huge competitive advantage.

Cons

We are a bit on the lean side as far as resources go, but that's improving day by day. Also, our account team is a bit on the junior side, but additional resources and new blood is coming in to add expertise, and depth that we need.

Advice to Management

Things are going well, but consider adding staff to support the massive growth plans. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

2. India Retail

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Pros

Learnt how one should NOT be at personnel!

Cons

Absolutely horrible people in the management in India - biased, incompetent, unprofessional and egoistic to the core. Just being polite with the words here.

Glossy exterior only. Poor team management & very little structure. High turnover.

Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT

Pros

The company is an "in" to get build your network in the US sports market. Young, vibrant environment with a reliable mix of geeks, frat kids, mean girls, super chill

Cons

Very poor, ego-centric management (North America) with a rampant problem of favoritism. Sub-standard workflow process, lack of structure, and constant re-structuring every few months. No clear path of progression, unclear/ambiguous role expectations - in account management, you can expect to be directly held accountable for production processes, price structuring, determining & producing the content of a sold project never before executed (being "inventive" is a must); and hard selling. All of the above strongly impact the integrity of the final Repucom product.

Advice to Management

Assume accountability vs. encouraging a finger-pointing culture & ignoring the drivers of such high turnover. Recognize successes team-wide & take an active interest in mentorship and developing all of your talent. Lead.

Account director - Please stay away from this company.

Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT

Pros

Extremely unprofessional management. They lie to you during the interview process and do not provide any training. It is not a real business and they seem like they don't know what they are doing. If you interview get all your answers in writing so you can take legal action afterwards. The worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

I am sure they will go out of business shortly. The Stamford, CT Headquarters is a ghost town since most employees work from home except the interns. There is no company morale, no culture and senior management doesn't care enough to go into the office.

Advice to Management

Repucom will be out of business in the United States in a couple of years. They are funded by a Private equity firm that is maintaing the salary of the CEO but once the private equity firm stops funding them the boat will sink. Really be careful with this company.

6. Growth is only conducive in an environment of constant pressure.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work and tough bosses.

Cons

Training is dismal, but getting better.

An inside look at account management

Former Employee - Account Management
    Former Employee - Account Management

I worked at REPUCOM full-time

Pros

Sports oriented clients, global footprint,

Cons

Inexperienced middle management, low salary, poor workflow process, constant state of panic and blame

Advice to Management

While I worked at Repucom I was expected to constantly pick up the slack of employees that either left the company or were poorly trained to do their job. The success of my position was completely determined by the amount of sales I locked, but due to poor workflow structure, a undertrained and understaffed Analytics department, and zero marketing support I spent most of my time fighting to produce work for the clients already had. As with many jobs, I was also frustrated because new hires that had the same job description as me would make a significant amount more money. When I talked to management about it they were very blunt saying "that is the deal I cut."

8. General Manager

Pros

One or two may be trying

Cons

Absolutely a God awful place to work

Advice to Management

Go out of business...

9. Good company, wary of pigeon holing

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn new skills, work life balance

Cons

Salary not high. Disconnect with senior mngt and micro mngt

Advice to Management

Recognize individual progress, more internal promotions

10. Dead End

Pros

free coffee, free air to breathe

Cons

daily over hours, no benefits, extremely high turn over of employees (hire and fire), very low salary, no trustworthy HR, no strategy, no communication, If u dont want do expect anything, then welcome to to the dead end company - the worst place you will ever work for.

Advice to Management

go back to schol and learn how to manage a company including leading employees in an effectively way. that means being respectful and honest and dont pull employees' legs. very poor environment without any kind of perspectives and motivations. as soon Ive got a new job, i am off. thank you for nothing!

Do not get into the spider's web

Current Employee - Trainee Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Trainee Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can enjoy work life in office only for 2 months after that you will get frustrated to work here

Cons

no improvement professionally no salary hikes should work like a donkey management is not good they prefer quantity not quality even if you perform well there is no prospects if youare out of this company after two years still you will be treated as a fresher suggest you not to come to this office to work if you come here you will work for two to three years and then you donot have any other chances outside this company no prospects you cant imagine how much less salary hike they do provide for their employer even if he is a utmost performer in the team hr's will see you like a thief better go to any bpo except this company i suggest please do not join in this company

Advice to Management

improve salaries and be professional do not do childish behaviours

RSS Feed </> Embed