REPUCOM Reviews

PAUL SMITH

Global Leader in Sports Measurement and Research

Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Repucom for 6 months now and have enjoyed my experience on the whole. Strong leadership who are smart, approachable, supportive and demand great work, but also know when it's time to close the laptop and have some fun. Also, we have access to data across the industry, worldwide, that no one else has, so it's a huge competitive advantage.

Cons

We are a bit on the lean side as far as resources go, but that's improving day by day. Also, our account team is a bit on the junior side, but additional resources and new blood is coming in to add expertise, and depth that we need.

Advice to Management

Things are going well, but consider adding staff to support the massive growth plans. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

2. India Retail

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS

I worked at REPUCOM

Pros

Learnt how one should NOT be at personnel!

Cons

Absolutely horrible people in the management in India - biased, incompetent, unprofessional and egoistic to the core. Just being polite with the words here.

Glossy exterior only. Poor team management & very little structure. High turnover.

Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT

I worked at REPUCOM

Pros

The company is an "in" to get build your network in the US sports market. Young, vibrant environment with a reliable mix of geeks, frat kids, mean girls, super chill

Cons

Very poor, ego-centric management (North America) with a rampant problem of favoritism. Sub-standard workflow process, lack of structure, and constant re-structuring every few months. No clear path of progression, unclear/ambiguous role expectations - in account management, you can expect to be directly held accountable for production processes, price structuring, determining & producing the content of a sold project never before executed (being "inventive" is a must); and hard selling. All of the above strongly impact the integrity of the final Repucom product.

Advice to Management

Assume accountability vs. encouraging a finger-pointing culture & ignoring the drivers of such high turnover. Recognize successes team-wide & take an active interest in mentorship and developing all of your talent. Lead.

Account director - Please stay away from this company.

Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at REPUCOM

Pros

Extremely unprofessional management. They lie to you during the interview process and do not provide any training. It is not a real business and they seem like they don't know what they are doing. If you interview get all your answers in writing so you can take legal action afterwards. The worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

I am sure they will go out of business shortly. The Stamford, CT Headquarters is a ghost town since most employees work from home except the interns. There is no company morale, no culture and senior management doesn't care enough to go into the office.

Advice to Management

Repucom will be out of business in the United States in a couple of years. They are funded by a Private equity firm that is maintaing the salary of the CEO but once the private equity firm stops funding them the boat will sink. Really be careful with this company.

6. Growth is only conducive in an environment of constant pressure.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work and tough bosses.

Cons

Training is dismal, but getting better.

An inside look at account management

Former Employee - Account Management
    Former Employee - Account Management

I worked at REPUCOM full-time

Pros

Sports oriented clients, global footprint,

Cons

Inexperienced middle management, low salary, poor workflow process, constant state of panic and blame

Advice to Management

While I worked at Repucom I was expected to constantly pick up the slack of employees that either left the company or were poorly trained to do their job. The success of my position was completely determined by the amount of sales I locked, but due to poor workflow structure, a undertrained and understaffed Analytics department, and zero marketing support I spent most of my time fighting to produce work for the clients already had. As with many jobs, I was also frustrated because new hires that had the same job description as me would make a significant amount more money. When I talked to management about it they were very blunt saying "that is the deal I cut."

8. General Manager

I worked at REPUCOM

Pros

One or two may be trying

Cons

Absolutely a God awful place to work

Advice to Management

Go out of business...

Don't be fooled by the look. Big company, little organisation.

Former Employee - Media Analytics Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Media Analytics Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at REPUCOM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team was mostly formed by passionate people about the sport world. Young and international team.

Cons

New processes in place, but employees not supported throughout the implementation. Big issues in making them work, but this was not one of the main problems from the high management therefore creative services and media analytics had to work extra hours (including weekends) to keep the show going and make the clients' happy. They do not pay extras. Not any interest in their employees' career development or fair remuneration when achieving or breaking the given targets. Main focus on profitability only. No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Open up your eyes, you've got many talents working for you. Invest in their development and well being and they will make your company flourishing as well as better place to work to. Stop using the austerity policy, makes everyone unhappy.

Awful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at REPUCOM full-time

Pros

Good non-management/director staff, dedicated to the company. Amazing client list

Cons

No reward, treated like muck, horrendous culture and ethics

Advice to Management

None. They are beyond help. Advice to applicants: go elsewhere

Consultant

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time

Pros

Sports, Interesting, Challenges, atmosphere, fun

Cons

Communication, Transparency, Salary, Job Specification, Guidance

RSS Feed </> Embed