RES Software

Updated September 25, 2014
Updated September 25, 2014
4.4

Marc Zinnemers

Pros
  • Work / Life balance and ability to work remotely is great for most departments (in 4 reviews)

• small company who thinks big and executes well (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • just normal growing pains for a company heading into hypergrowth (in 5 reviews)

• Because we are growing so fast, office space is very limited (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Vision and Passionate People

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR

I worked at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for large, medium, and small companies and startups. I've never had such a great experience working for any company, than I working at RES Software. RES employees are so passionate about building a fun and exciting brand, and products that really benefit their customers. Working for the company for 3 years provided great memories and I really value the time I had with them. Their product vision and company direction was in line with the latest trends in the industry. They are in a perfect spot to really take advantage of the market opportunity.

Cons

I'm not able to think of many cons regarding this company. They have such a proven track record of building a great culture and listening to their employees.

It's a great time for RES Software. Keep the momentum and continue to hire great talent!

A growing organization with tons of upside

I have been working at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The core group of leaders and people are good solid people. They are always trying to do right by the company, the staff, and the customers. The culture is really good ( at least on the technical side) and overall there is a sense that there is something amazing that is growing.

They take good care of my family through great benefits, they give me the resources i need to be successful. I feel like the reward me fairly for the work that i do and the goals that i accomplish.

Cons

They are a global organization with great aspirations, this causes a perception of pains where none exist. I have seen most all of these issues be addressed , and the remaining have a plan that has been presented to the employees. I'm not being a homer. But the good outweighs the bad by a significant margin. There are ups and downs, politics, and pressures of every organization in the world. It's impossible to please everyone, but they have done a good job addressing any and all pressing issues.

Be Transparent, talk more often and continue to get feedback from the staff. You have a Diamond in your hands, you can polish it or destroy it. The polished side looks amazing, lets make sure we polish the other side too!

Great company culture & people in Europe. US has yet to catch up.

I worked at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting work environment in Europe. Work hard, play hard and get rewarded. Great company overseas.

Cons

Not set up to succeed. No one has heard of RES Software. Company runs very much like a popularity contest rather than merits. Management is all about the buddy system, hard to get ahead if you're an outsider coming in. Employees were very much "encouraged" time & time again to leave feedback on Glassdoor so everything looks great on paper for future recruits while company struggles to get ahead.

Marketing and branding need a tremendous amount of catching up on state side. Product awareness needs a lot of work. Focus your efforts on product development and branding rather than these so-called reviews.

Great product. Smart, passionate people.

I have been working at RES Software full-time

Pros

Ability to innovate. New ideas are accepted. RES has a small company feel, but is run by big company minds. Work / Life balance and ability to work remotely is great for most departments.

Cons

Breaking into the US business has been tough. We are having a few growing pains so if you want to join the company, you need to be flexible and patient.

Make sure you are all on the same page and follow through in efforts to support US growth.

A European company struggling to find success in North America.

I have been working at RES Software full-time

Pros

First company I have ever seen that truly uses their own product in house.
    Compensation is well within industry average
    Founder very engaged.

Cons

Internal politics causes unnecessary distractions
    Training is sub par
    Middle management bickering and childish behavior

Sep 23, 2014HR

Thank you for your comments. We value your opinion and would welcome any suggestions you have for how to improve the training process as well as the overall employment experience at RES. Please feel ... More

Disgusting!

I have been working at RES Software full-time

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at RES. There are many other companies that will treat you like a human, these people do not. They have no regard for you.

Cons

The leadership team in EMEA and the US are the worst. They all lie and the politics are unbearable. The former CEO is the worst (Klaus Besier), not sure the current is any better. I observed the founder to be the most reasonable, however he was bashed by the CEO at every turn. They also fire people on a whim, often.

The board should clean house and start over.

Aug 18, 2014HR

Thank you for your comments. We value your opinion and are sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. At RES, we care about our employees and strive to create an environment of trust and respect ... More

Feeling of being part of a family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*RES Software treats its employees very well.
    *It is a great place to grow professionally.
    *Upper Management never makes you feel like they are better than you. They act like real people, and not stuffy execs.

Cons

European company which sometimes has a tough time adapting to the American Information Technology mindset.

Keep up the great job in making an employee feel like part of a family.

Fun and Exciting Company To Be Apart Of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One thing that is true, RES is fun and an exciting place to work. Every team is helpful and we all have the same goal, see RES succeed and be the best company to work at. With great leadership we are able to be our own. RES is flexible and understanding. Take it from me I have a family and there have been days I either had to work from home or leave on the early side. As long has your work gets done and you can be reached this is all that matters. RES is a company that has grown in the last year and of course every company that is growing will have ups and downs. So as you read the reviews on GD, take them with a grain of salt. But I can tell you first hand that this is a great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I can see is that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, not necessarily a con but you have to have 2 feet in, not 1.

Keep doing what you are doing and listen to the employees.

Apr 24, 2014CEO

I appreciate your commitment to our success. Let's "Just do it".... glad to have you on the team

Great work environment. Company is poised for explosive growth.

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The leadership team is a strength. The CEO is an inspirational leader with a consistent track record of growing companies profitably. The CTO and founder is a visionary and driven to solve problems for IT. The Support team prides itself in delighting customers. The Pre-Sales Engineers are rocket scientists. Salaries, benefits are good; there are lots of great travel opportunities regardless of your role in the company; beautiful facilities in The Netherlands and Radnor, PA. Big wins and major accomplishments result in company wide celebrations. Glad I joined when I did as their new RES Suite 2014 is a phenomenal offering and the company is poised for significant growth worldwide.

Cons

It is really tough to say anything negative about my experience with the company to date but with the growth I guess they need more office space. If you're a remote employee and visiting either office for the day, you're hard pressed to find an open cubicle.

Stay the course. Keep investing in growing the team and continue to come up with innovative software for IT as a Service.

Apr 24, 2014CEO

Thank you for your kind words. We have a dedicated team that will ensure future success and we are fortunate to have a founder being relentless when it comes to Innovation.

Some good people - really bad market

I worked at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think there are some good honest people at the company and they are trying hard, the people from EMEA are really nice, the Americans not so much. I think the core values in EMEA are great but in the US they have been diluted in pursuit of market share. The engineers are great in all locations.

Cons

The technology is dated, some code is over 10 years old. What is new is hacked together and not cohesive. The core market is terrible and they are struggling to find new markets for the products. There is a lot of emphasis on growth but without strong marketing or direction. Every year they seem to have a new focus but the sales are from the oldest product in the portfolio. Management seems a bit clueless.

You really need a better go to market strategy. You need to realize that your core product is not going to be a breakout and your secondary product is not ready for prime time in a crowded space. I recommend that you start finding some large companies to partner with in the US asap or give up the ghost and sell instead of chewing up salespeople hoping they are the solution. The problem is in the product/market mix, not the people.