RES Software

Updated September 25, 2014
Updated September 25, 2014
4.4

Marc Zinnemers

Pros
  • Work / Life balance and ability to work remotely is great for most departments (in 4 reviews)

• small company who thinks big and executes well (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • just normal growing pains for a company heading into hypergrowth (in 5 reviews)

• Because we are growing so fast, office space is very limited (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Vision and Passionate People

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR

I worked at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for large, medium, and small companies and startups. I've never had such a great experience working for any company, than I working at RES Software. RES employees are so passionate about building a fun and exciting brand, and products that really benefit their customers. Working for the company for 3 years provided great memories and I really value the time I had with them. Their product vision and company direction was in line with the latest trends in the industry. They are in a perfect spot to really take advantage of the market opportunity.

Cons

I'm not able to think of many cons regarding this company. They have such a proven track record of building a great culture and listening to their employees.

It's a great time for RES Software. Keep the momentum and continue to hire great talent!

A growing organization with tons of upside

I have been working at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The core group of leaders and people are good solid people. They are always trying to do right by the company, the staff, and the customers. The culture is really good ( at least on the technical side) and overall there is a sense that there is something amazing that is growing.

They take good care of my family through great benefits, they give me the resources i need to be successful. I feel like the reward me fairly for the work that i do and the goals that i accomplish.

Cons

They are a global organization with great aspirations, this causes a perception of pains where none exist. I have seen most all of these issues be addressed , and the remaining have a plan that has been presented to the employees. I'm not being a homer. But the good outweighs the bad by a significant margin. There are ups and downs, politics, and pressures of every organization in the world. It's impossible to please everyone, but they have done a good job addressing any and all pressing issues.

Be Transparent, talk more often and continue to get feedback from the staff. You have a Diamond in your hands, you can polish it or destroy it. The polished side looks amazing, lets make sure we polish the other side too!

Feeling of being part of a family

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*RES Software treats its employees very well.
    *It is a great place to grow professionally.
    *Upper Management never makes you feel like they are better than you. They act like real people, and not stuffy execs.

Cons

European company which sometimes has a tough time adapting to the American Information Technology mindset.

Keep up the great job in making an employee feel like part of a family.

Fun and Exciting Company To Be Apart Of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One thing that is true, RES is fun and an exciting place to work. Every team is helpful and we all have the same goal, see RES succeed and be the best company to work at. With great leadership we are able to be our own. RES is flexible and understanding. Take it from me I have a family and there have been days I either had to work from home or leave on the early side. As long has your work gets done and you can be reached this is all that matters. RES is a company that has grown in the last year and of course every company that is growing will have ups and downs. So as you read the reviews on GD, take them with a grain of salt. But I can tell you first hand that this is a great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I can see is that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, not necessarily a con but you have to have 2 feet in, not 1.

Keep doing what you are doing and listen to the employees.

Apr 24, 2014CEO

I appreciate your commitment to our success. Let's "Just do it".... glad to have you on the team

An amazing journey with a visionary, inspiring company and a great purpose!

Former Employee - Regional Director Nordics in Oslo (Norway)
    Former Employee - Regional Director Nordics in Oslo (Norway)

I worked at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RES Software is a great place to work. You get to develop yourself in a high pace, fast innovating and visionary organization. The CEO, Klaus Besier, is truly leading by example, creating followers amongst employees, customers as well as current and future share holders. Its also amazing working together with the CTO and founder, Bob Jansen, who is still with the company, driving the vision forward with great passion. The journey the company is on gives people working here a feeling of purpose and the culture creates winners.

Cons

You really should be an enthusiastic believer of the RES Software cause and mission to fully enjoy the experience of working here. Besides this, most limitations are put on oneself - I never experienced a day when I did not look forward to my work :-)

Keeping up the focus on building the best company culture ever!
    Empower people, evangelize and develop talent.

Great work environment. Company is poised for explosive growth.

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The leadership team is a strength. The CEO is an inspirational leader with a consistent track record of growing companies profitably. The CTO and founder is a visionary and driven to solve problems for IT. The Support team prides itself in delighting customers. The Pre-Sales Engineers are rocket scientists. Salaries, benefits are good; there are lots of great travel opportunities regardless of your role in the company; beautiful facilities in The Netherlands and Radnor, PA. Big wins and major accomplishments result in company wide celebrations. Glad I joined when I did as their new RES Suite 2014 is a phenomenal offering and the company is poised for significant growth worldwide.

Cons

It is really tough to say anything negative about my experience with the company to date but with the growth I guess they need more office space. If you're a remote employee and visiting either office for the day, you're hard pressed to find an open cubicle.

Stay the course. Keep investing in growing the team and continue to come up with innovative software for IT as a Service.

Apr 24, 2014CEO

Thank you for your kind words. We have a dedicated team that will ensure future success and we are fortunate to have a founder being relentless when it comes to Innovation.

Wonderful!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful! This is the perfect word to describe my experience with RES. From the management, the opportunity, the company vision, the customer feedback, the professional growth to the team. I wanted something more than just another job. I wanted to be part of the next big thing and I feel very lucky to have found that and more.

Cons

Wish I had this experience earlier in my career.

Continue what you are doing: making great products, supporting the team and bringing on more superstars.

Apr 17, 2014CEO

we are privileged to have you on our team

Dynamic company with many opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Marketing in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a small company, with big company talent. People work hard and there is a general sense of contributing to a "team." Management asks for feedback often, and implements changes when it makes sense. For a small organization, there are nice little perks for employees that make it comfortable to come to the office every day, and there is a great deal of flexibility. People who are a wrong fit for the company move on quickly, so the team is generally made up of the right people at any given time.

Cons

You have to pull your weight, and often more. If you prefer to do bare minimum, you may not be happy here. Systems and processes sometimes lag behind the company's growth, but they are catching up.

Early and frequent alignment is key.

Fantastic on-boarding process!

Current Employee - Channel Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Never felt more empowered to start a new position after the RES on-boarding process. GREAT work RES!

Cons

I have no cons about the on-boarding process

Great Company with Strong Leadership

I have been working at RES Software

Pros

Leadership is transparent
    Work life balance is great
    Everyone gets along, cares about the product and our customers
    Company is growing but at a nice pace, again due to our strong leadership

Cons

I have been with RES for only 7 months and what I have seen so far has been great!

Keep doing what you are doing by keeping the employees engaged on what is going on. This is huge in working with a smaller company and we all benefit from it.