REVOLUTION FOODS Reviews

CEO

Two Stints with Company

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Oakland, CA

I have been working at REVOLUTION FOODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly management, mission driven organization that strives to make a difference in the lives of our youth and their health

Cons

LOW LOW LOW pay, over worked, under paid staff, non-union, top heavy salary

Advice to Management

Pay your workers and there won't be such high turnover.

Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Assembly in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Assembly in Oakland, CA

I have been working at REVOLUTION FOODS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good mission statement made by people with high regarded degrees and often related to each other. Free meals are certainly a plus.

Cons

No one really lives the mission. Those in operations are like most people state- "overworked and underpaid" I have been with the company for 5 years and have seen it grow from a small operations to a large machine. Although the executive team receives large bonuses for our work we do no see any financial benefits of our work. The conditions have been so bad in operations that most workers have threatened to go union. It was then that they only decided to give us a raise. The VP of Operation has even referred to us as "replaceable minimum wage workers." ....OUCH!

Advice to Management

A little humility from senior management goes a long way.

3. Worked long hours,little pay, food was ok. Lots of beans lots of rice.

Former Employee - Chef in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Chef in Oakland, CA

I worked at REVOLUTION FOODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission, in the wrong hands.

Cons

very little support in the HR feild

Advice to Management

Put a HR manager in each facility.

5. A company on a mission to improve the way we eat

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at REVOLUTION FOODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- amazing mission and management is genuinely and completely driven by it
    - fast growing company that garners a lot of positive attention for the work it's doing in schools and stores
    - dedicated employees who believe they're making a contribution
    - the company values family/work balance and usually is very accommodating to personal needs as it relates to attending to family issues
    - free lunch

Cons

- commute time
    - the Oakland office is not central to anything

Advice to Management

- continue to be impassioned by your mission and listen to employee needs.

Great idea but poor execution

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at REVOLUTION FOODS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The idea of what this company stands for is great but the end result is nowhere near what it promises.

Cons

It is hard for me to sell the idea of "real" and "fresh" food when many of the products come from cans. For example, when a high profile publication was present to do a story, senior management told everyone not to dump the cans of tomato sauce into the production line because she told them that the sauce was homemade. "Wait until they leave to open cans." I don't mind selling canned items or products that are processed but don't tell us to say otherwise.

There is a history of high turnover rate here. There seems to be a buffer between the operation and the executive team. During the interview process, ask the hiring manager about the average length of which a manager last? When you talk to the staff about previous managers it seems that those managers prove to be successful in other companies. Whats the common denominator?

This company has a long history of using people, chewing them up, burning them out, and getting rid of them.

Advice to Management

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. Actually live it and look at the weakest link in the executive team. They are the root of a majority of the problems.

If the world knew how badly run this organization was...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at REVOLUTION FOODS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous vacation policy, free lunch

Cons

No fair or equitable pay structure for management - some get paid market rate, others are undercut.
    Frequent promotion of management members who fail in other areas of the business.
    No clear decision making process.
    HUGE Nepotism - at least one member of the founding team got her job because her father invested in the company and is firmly in place regardless of her lack of ability or complaints about her functionality.
    Poor leadership.
    Confusing messaging to employees.
    General unfair employment and business practices - salaried team members are frequently told to use vacation days for hour long doctors appointments, regardless of extra time put in while upper management gets the luxury of "working remotely" when personal business arises.
    Bottom line - this company has high turn over for a reason - it chews people up and spit them out with no thought of fair treatment or the benefit of retention.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the seriousness of employee complaints and ACT.
    Put fair hiring practices into place and ensure every manager and executive follows them.
    Stop allowing individual departments to be run as its executive sees fit and put policies in place that show some respect for your employees.
    Walk the talk. There is a lot of talk about respect, independent growth and mutual success. Not everyone on your executive team practices this.

RSS Feed </> Embed