REVOLUTION FOODS

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Start up with an amazing mission that works really hard to accomplish

ProsGreat staff that our mission driven who go above and beyond for their customers
    A chance to serve students who have little to no access to fresh healthy meals
    Customer service focused
    Opportunity to cross train in other departments
    Stock Options for full time employees
    Fast growing company

ConsStart up so there is a lot of learning as we go which means long hours and trial by error.
    Rapidly growing company so there is a lot of pressure to make things happen with little time. Shoe string budget so working with the basics.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally live the values each and every day that means using them in daily conversation, hold everyone accountable for knowing them and make it a part of everyday life.

Production Manager

ProsGreat Mission! Health Benefits, employees people of the community.

ConsCore Values not followed at all levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more structure in place to better reward out standing employees.

Able to gain good work experience but it was stressful and not fairly paid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can get great work experience. It was still growing, so there was always a new skill you can learn. Environment was casual, everyone hired was generally hard-working and had open-door policy. Management was open to using your ideas in helping the company.

ConsDepending on the position, the salary may be very under market rate especially for non-management positions. The nature of the business can become a stressful environment. it is a food service business with extreme deadlines

Advice to Senior Managementbeing able to pick up new responsibilities and skills were great, but if you are not going to compensate them for it, you cant expect them to be happy about it in the long run

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with a great mission that challenges talent top talent every week.

Department Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic mission - access to healthy food for the unhealthiest generation is greatly needed.
    Challenging business - school lunch is much more complicated than anyone would believe - the company has to constantly pivot and innovate which provides opportunity for forward thinking team members to shine.
    Advancement opportunities - the company is growing which allows for talented team members to grow their career.
    Great work/life balance. Saturdays are pretty much a never-ever for work, which is great.

ConsConstant change - growing companies change game plans on a frequent basis / the mission and founding principles remain, but how we get there changes often. Only listed as a con because many people are afraid of change.
    Communication can sometimes be late to the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver-employment in the office team leads to frustration in the operations centers.

Fast growth company with a social mission

ProsStrong team - fantastic to work with such leadership and colleagues. Commitment to the mission of serving kids. Opportunity to get your hands dirty and hard direct impact/results. Great chance to work across the education spectrum from rural charter schools to after school programs to large urban school districts.

ConsConstantly growing and changes with multiple reorganizations while we try to get it right. Disconnect between central home office and market teams. Too rigid for a small company. Limited investment into support structures - rely too much on individuals.

Great company doing great work

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsThe programs are really innovative and interesting. If this is work you care about you will enjoy the mission.

ConsStill in the start up phase so things can be shaky at times, as systems are not necessarily up and running.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on creating best practices and systems across sites.

Excellent company to work for

ProsThe culture at Revolution Foods is amazing. Everyone is treated equally, valued, respected and trusted. Very rare these days.
    The company offers great work-life balance and is very supportive of all employees and their passions outside of the office.

ConsSome of the benefits could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have matching for 401k and more choices for healthcare plans

Worked long hours,little pay, food was ok. Lots of beans lots of rice.

Chef (Former Employee)
    Oakland, CA

ProsGreat mission, in the wrong hands.

Consvery little support in the HR feild

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a HR manager in each facility.

Hard work with amazing people and a great mission.

ProsPeople you work with and the kids we servce

ConsLots of important things to do, and we can't do them all at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going! Let's prove that socially minded businesses can be successful.

A learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelping the employees understand the importance of their job.

ConsUnpredictable hours and scheduling was imbalanced

Worked for REVOLUTION FOODS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at REVOLUTION FOODS reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by REVOLUTION FOODS employees.