RGIS Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • Flexible hours, great pay and the fast track program is worth working extra hard for :) (in 24 reviews)

• If all you are looking for is part time second job then this is great (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 16 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

chance for variety

I worked at RGIS

Pros

seen a lot of different states

Cons

way to much travel and sometimes way to long of drives

RGIS is a good comany to work for if you're like me and you dont particularly like retail or dealing with customers.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible. Good job for supplemental income

Cons

There are slow weeks so you might have 12 hours one week and 25 another.

Dont expect consistency

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great managers, coworkers, and the willingness to train and teach

Cons

Constant moving to different work sites, not a set schedule or set work place.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting experience

Former Employee - Team Lead In Training  in  Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead In Training in Gurnee, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting people from varied backgrounds. Helped me learn the area due to traveling to different stores. They are eager to promote if you work well and fast. Would provide travel if job was out of given mileage range.

Cons

Promotion ladder is confusing. Each team lead ran stores differently. Be prepared to get called in on your off days and have your work days doubled if you work well. Training seemed repetitive at times. Lack of communication with management at times.

Inventory Specialist with RGIS

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at RGIS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RGIS is a superb organization that has many opportunities worldwide. It is an excellent opportunity for both recent high school and college graduates as well as experienced employees. Advancement to supervisory responsibilities are excellent for those who are diligent and desire management level .One of the best reasons to work for RGIS is the relative ease in which employees can transfer to other locations if they are relocating.

Cons

No cons that I can come up with.

Dynamic and organized.

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Work-life balance and team management.

Cons

Low compensation and little growth.

Travel Team is best.

Current Employee - Expert  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Expert in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at RGIS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money if your a fast counter. You make more money traveling. You get full holiday weeks off. You don't work weekends on the traveling team unless you help another team for support.

Cons

Per diem pay is low. Shows alot of favoritism. Not good to travel if your a slow counter.

Quit showing favortism. Put people where their supposed to be in the right flow.

Home Depot teams versus local teams

Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert

I worked at RGIS part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay for home depot teams is actually higher than the local districts. Option of transferring when moving to another place. Stable hours for depot unless there was a blackout versus the local team's unpredictable hours. Meet people of all backgrounds. Get to travel to various states. U get what u put in.

Cons

The pay is not kept when transferring to another districts. They put you in the crappiest hotels that are usually 30 minutes away from the Home Depot you have to count, that are infested with bedbugs. Scheduling for home depot is consistent whereas the local stores put it out on the beginning of the week and constantly changes it. Transferring into another district I was constantly overlooked and given no pieces while their people got good pieces, even tho I counted much faster than their top guns. Team Leaders are a joke in local stores. They have too much favoritism and don't do their job well.

figure out a way to exclude set up hours from actual counting day's aph. treat your coworkers better. hire better managers and assistant managers!

Company was not focused on employees and their well being, work-mule would be an accurate description of my time at RGIS

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I worked at RGIS full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offered paid training. They offered transportation to job sites. The interview process was painless and smooth.

Cons

They did not offer paid time in order to use their transportation to and from job sites, often times this was hours before the job started, and hours after. Promotions at RGIS seemed to be based on favoritism and not actual work ethic and responsibility. There seemed to be many supervisors with very little actual supervision. They lack organization.

Manage. Try to understand that your employees are your greatest asset and reward accordingly. This isn't summer camp, this is a business.

Hmmm...Available work is not shared equally.

Former Employee - Inventory Taker  in  Stockbridge, GA
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Stockbridge, GA

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you meet are all cool. Management is okay, they were once in your place so they kind of have a feel for what you do. Most work is done through the middle of the night and early morning.

Cons

No personal growth or proper training, the job might be easy and yes you learn on the job but pay is based on how fast you count. If you're going to a store that's far away you have to deal with somebody else' driving. They pay you enough to gas in your car to get to the next store to do inventory. Also they expect you to pull heavy merchandise, count it, then put it back...yet pay is based off how fast you count, -_-. There are multiple supervisors and they all have different ways of counting.

If the store is 30 minutes or more from the office provide transportation!!!!

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!