RGIS

Updated March 5, 2015
Updated March 5, 2015
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

RGIS and APH

Current Employee - Auditor
    Current Employee - Auditor

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Love the job easy

Cons

Soemtines not guaranteed hours . Ive been here going on 2 months I know I shouldn't really worry about my APH Cuz "ACCURACY FIRST" I NEED HELP MOVING UP how do I move up I know there is tricks n cheat systems man idk what I'm doing wrong I'm getting more comfortable . anybody give me some advice please ? I just stresses me cuz it makes me feel like "oh you're slow ,not good enough" ..! My accuracy is pretty damn good but my speed idk wat I'm doing wrong I've been getting to be more and more in the green lately lol

An incomparable first hand experience of all types of inventory management.

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Carbondale, IL
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job gives me the ability to see how all types of companies manage their inventory, while allowing me to attend college full time.

Cons

The only con to this job is that some workdays can last 20+ hours, but I enjoy working so I truly do not mind it.

RGIS review

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor, Specialist Level
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor, Specialist Level

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

I like this job. I've worked in retail management for like 13 or more years and did not want to do it anymore. I knew about RGIS from working with them in stores I managed. The pay starts low but u have plenty of opportunities to move up and to get overtime, very often, if you show the effort that you want to work.

Cons

We hire anyone. Not many people last but I live in Philadelphia area so we get a lot of "ghetto" employees because we don't do background checks. I love that the company gives people on parole or with bad pasts a chance but some of the people are really unproffesional. They are very nice but I know we get made fun of for bring "ghetto". But the ones that are good and last are great! Fun people to work with.

Do not bring in new people and make them supervisors when u have people who have been there for a year or more and not give them the opportunity. I was told I would be trained to run stores but instead a few people who just got hired are being pushed into supervising. A company should not disregard the people who are willing to move up and hire new people to move up fast despite we say we want to. I feel disrespected and quite upset about it.

Not a bad first job.

Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RGIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different place every day so it isn't repetitive or boring.

Cons

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different location, every single day. You don't get paid for travel unless it is over an hour. Sometimes you're so understaffed you will work 12 hour shifts, other times there is so many people to help, you may only get in a 4 hour work day. If you don't drive, you'll be taking the bus to terrible neighborhoods at all hours of the day/night. They have meets to accommodate you, so you're squished in a van of 11 other people who were more than likely convicted of something or previously addicted to drugs. Each district thinks their district is better than other district. MAYBE you'll get an actual break after 5 hours but it depends on the work load. The environment is dirty and disgusting. You count for hours at a time without a break until you feel like your head is going to explode. It's not a bad job to work at as your first job, or if you've been convicted of anything but stealing, or if you've once been addicted to drugs. But long term or for a goal driven individual, this is not a good job.

Make sure you're properly staffed for each store per size. Allow your staff a proper break. Make sure the stores properly prepped the store for counting.

Job became my full time.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Memphis, TN

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great job for people with little outside associations or family, if not it can strain you. You are always allowed to change your availability and take off; I would frequently take off a week or weekend for vacation without any punishment in a smaller schedule.

In this job you will work with a lot of different people, from the lowest of the low trash to some people you'd be proud to call your friends. There is no "set" schedule, every week is different and you can be called in to a store last minute or even be canceled out of an event last minute.

There is opportunity to travel, but in this you do not actually get to sight see unless it is on the way to the store, or you drove yourself. In 303, anything outside of a 30-mile radius from the office there was a company van for you to ride.

This job there is room for advancement and raises. Some stores I could make $15/hr. Some weeks, especially in January you can work a full-time job and then some. I worked 168 hours in a two week period, with 70-80 hours a week not out of the norm.

Cons

I did say you can work with the lowest of the low, in terms of co-workers; You can. They are there to work minimum hours and effort but demand the highest pay and will throw anyone under the bus to get it. When I left a rather big case of this was ongoing, but should have been resolved fairly quickly after.

You talked about re-training everybody and having team-lead training but I never saw this. We had new hires come into our stores that couldn't even log into their machine.
    Threatening to terminate someone because they did not do exactly what you wanted, even when outside their scope is not the proper way to go.

Gained a lot of knowledge in different industries, very helpful.

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gained experience in a new industry. Enhanced my Microsoft skills. .

Cons

Long hours. Project deadlines. Yes these exist everywhere however sometimes they are unreasonable.

Focus on the employees more. Far removed from employees.

Decent job with some advancement opportunities.

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Advancement, Simple Job

Cons

Available shifts, Given Hours, Management could be better

Its an OK place if all you really want is a paycheck

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Bartlett, IL
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Bartlett, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule options to pick from, night, day, weekend. They work with whatever time you have available, at least for the position I worked (Inventory taker). Working really hard and acquiring speed could bump up your $/hour really quickly. This job is better than most customer service job which pays same.

Cons

As an inventory taker, you never know how long your work day will be, schedule might estimate 5 hours but you might end up working less or more especially when some people do not show up. One time I worked 14 hours straight and they would not let me go home because we were understaffed. Another issue is you are never guaranteed hours, some weeks turn out really slow and you might only be scheduled to do one store. Also another issue with the position is the fact that you always work at a different location every single time, same stores but mostly different areas. Not to be discriminatory or anything but alot of the people who work in this place were not the classiest of people. Alot of times the vehicles that transported us to locations too far to drive was so stinky and smelled of unwashed bodies, horrible. Anyway, like I said, it was a good place to make a minimum wage kind of paycheck without any skills, anybody could do this job.

Pay supervisors more, a lot of the supervisors are stretched so thin and sometimes even go without sleep for days, working 120 hour weeks. They always look tired and worn out.

Not a job for someone looking for a decent paycheck.

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Savannah, GA

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

The office staff in my district were great. And you get to travel and see new parts of the state you live in.

Cons

Where do I begin..First off Our district pay starts at $7.50 and caps at $16. Stepping up in to a supervisor position will cost you your asset level causing you a drop in pay. No holiday pay or overtime pay. Dont ask for time off or they deliberately cut you out of the schedule. No time between stores during busy season. And you can forget about any labor laws being followed. They have been sued and still continue to disregard safty and labor requirements. I could go on for hours about the down side of this company. Sad part is that i really enjoy doing inventory, and working in management. This is just not a great company to work for.

Train your upper level management better. Work towards downward communication, improve safty and ethical standards. Think of those who are the visual aspect of your company when decisions are made about them. We are the ones out in the field and interacting with the customers, but we are the first to be mistreated, under paid, and have our benefits or pay cut. We have to put food on the table at home as well. Cost of living as increased tremendously in my area and our current base pay is less than those working for Walmart or Mc Donalds.

My worst job ever

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Once you get an interview the job is yours. I've worked for this company twice in 2 different states left running out the door both times.

Cons

Hours super late or super early. If you have real bills this like myself this job isnt for you cause the pay is garbage

I dont have any advice for management because I never had a problem with them. For me this job is a last resort and thats exactly what I used it as both times.