RGIS Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
477 reviews filtered by
2.5
John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

1. Great people

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Omaha, NE

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Great people great enviroment and the job is always a new adventure

Cons

limited people so we get a lot of hours sometimes more than we would like ... tons of overtime though.. i don't mind it all but i have heard others upset because if you are good you get more and more hours

keep it up

2. Inventory specialist

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job good people to work with

Cons

Bad pay no hours and not consistent

No comment

3. cool

I worked at RGIS

Pros

being able to easily work for a short period of time doing on task. scan scan scan scan scan is all that was required

Cons

having to drive to various work sites and not getting compensated for the gas. also standing for a a long long time

5. Inventory Specialist

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ability to adjust hours worked, nice pay

Cons

Can't think of any now

6. Alright job but terrible orgaization

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist-Specialist ASET in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist-Specialist ASET in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Super easy job, you meet some interesting people at the jobs you do. Always something new, sometimes you find places in your city you didn't know existed. Even with the Cons, I like the job because I like the people and it's an easy paycheck.

Cons

Hours vary wildly, it's not really a steady paycheck and inventory length can go long if staffing is terrible. Seems impossible to advance. You're driving all over the city for every job and there's no mileage reimbursement unless you go an hour out. Management doesn't always seem to know what they're doing. Been promised training to increase my skill level--hasn't happened. Been told I'll become a Team Leader--hasn't happened even though I am running inventories now.

Training to increase our ASET level would be super nice. Everyone wants to make more money and increasing our speed helps you, too.

7. **AUDITOR**Not worth the time and gas to work! Get a p/t job somewhere else!

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Orlando, FL

I worked at RGIS

Pros

They give you a free shirt. You can refuse the work--but it is frowned upon. Very flexible Hours.

Cons

They send you a p/t schedule two weeks ahead of time. Usually 2-3 days in a two week period. You spend a majority of your time driving to the venue and work only 3 hrs.and at various times of night and day.., mostly when the store is closed. My first paycheck I used for gas and lost money. I would not recommend you wasting your time.

People should be encouraged to carpool and pay is not enough. $10. an hr. would make it worthwhile and dont get annoyed when people don't want to drive an hr to make $16. dollars. It is very disrespectful. Answer your phones and e-mails.

8. Derelicts

Former Employee - Expert in Newburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Expert in Newburgh, NY

I worked at RGIS

Pros

You do absolutely nothing! Short hours, management doesn't really care to much.

Cons

The pay could be better

Nothing

It Is What It Is

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Hired at the end of 2013, and worked 8 months. RGIS is owned by the multi-national firm Blackstone, a venture capitalist group. Every district is different, hundreds of them, because the District and Area Managers operate per their own personalities. That is, great areas to atrocious.
    If you want to whine about hours and work schedule, that's RGIS policy and you agree to it. I heard about conditions before Blackstone and it sounded like a decent company. What I experienced was: falsifying my auditor level on customer's sheets, weird and incomprehensible pay system and pay stub, supervisors who were vindictive and belittled employees, phone and computer time unpaid, poor training. Consistently my pay was less than my recorded work hours.
    Supplementing my RGIS pay with unemployment worked out to 40hrs at minimum wage. The higher auditor levels make more money and it could be a nice job if it suits your lifestyle.

Cons

But it seems you have to sell your soul if you want to make this company a career.

RGIS and APH

Current Employee - Auditor
    Current Employee - Auditor

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Love the job easy

Cons

Soemtines not guaranteed hours . Ive been here going on 2 months I know I shouldn't really worry about my APH Cuz "ACCURACY FIRST" I NEED HELP MOVING UP how do I move up I know there is tricks n cheat systems man idk what I'm doing wrong I'm getting more comfortable . anybody give me some advice please ? I just stresses me cuz it makes me feel like "oh you're slow ,not good enough" ..! My accuracy is pretty damn good but my speed idk wat I'm doing wrong I've been getting to be more and more in the green lately lol

11. Avoid or stay only temporarily

Former Employee - Top Gun Auditor
    Former Employee - Top Gun Auditor

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Fast promotions. You can hit the wage cap quickly if you pay attention to your work and don't mess around.

Cons

Tremendously erratic work hours. Hours are also highly variable. Work often involves changing height all the time such as going up and down ladders and anything down the ground. Store managers (Non RGIS) tend to be incompetent when it comes to having an inventory done. Turn over rate for this job is exceptionally high.

Hire more people. If a job is understaffed, stop making the same mistake several times in a row.

Don't skirt the law and skip lunches for the workers.