RGIS Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• Very flexible schedule and supportive management, sutiable for stay at home moms and students (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Pros & Cons of Working for RGIS

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in San Diego, CA

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Flexibility in hours
    2. Every day is different--not stuck in a cubicle
    3. Meet interesting people
    4. Most of the time you are counting on your own, set your own pace

Cons

1. Pay is low except for managers.
    2. Uncompensated travel time and expenses for most jobs; often must drive 25 miles or more to get to & from job. MUST have a reliable car. Gas costs can hit your wallet.
    3. Ranking system for pay increases and promotions is not the best--doesn't take into account that some areas are easy to count and others are hard and slower. If you go below some arbitrary counting rate, you may be sent home after 2 hours, so essentially you worked for free after gas costs.
    4. Some managers are not always the best to work with, and play favorites and get angry, but most are OK
    5. Some months (especially January) you work so many hours you feel like a zombie & get little rest. Other months (Nov-Dec.) you hardly work at all, so pay goes up & down and is unpredictable--not good when you have bills to pay.
    6. Sometimes must work in uncomfortable, dirty, cramped or hot places like store backrooms. Often must use ladders. Some lifting required.

Find a better way to rate employees than a simple productivity measure that doesn't distinguish between easy and hard areas to count or accuracy. Raise the pay to retain employees. Reward employees who always show up. Start a savings plan (401K) for all employees.

It was so boring

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Great pay for a loser

Cons

Bad pay for a boss like myself lol

Pay more money

Fantastic for part time

Current Employee - RGIS Inventory in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - RGIS Inventory in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

i worked fro a traveling team so I was able to experience places like Las Vegas and San Diego. We had a ton of free time after work to do what we wanted as long as we showed up to work the next day

Cons

Your schedule is not set so sometimes you can work one week and then off for one. you dont get any benefits or pay increases unless your number of pieces per hour is high enough but you can also loose pay if you don't meet the pieces per hour.

Depends on who your boss is as to how much you might like working there.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Stockbridge, GA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Stockbridge, GA

I worked at RGIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have a lot of time off to do what you want really.

Cons

The hours and shifts are crazy. You might work 4 different job sites in 1 day and driving is your responsibility. No time for sleep or anything else during peak season. They work you like a dog and pay is terrible. Some days I didn't even make enough to cover gas.

Have more stable shifts and not work people around the clock.

Flexible

I worked at RGIS

Pros

If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you.

Cons

Traveling is worse part bout this job you can go from one job to the next with no time in between to take breather.

Unprofessional and hostile environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

Bearable if time is very limited

Cons

Unprofessional management, fights during the job, rude and hostile workers

Raise the pay so the morale and the standards of the workers might potentially get higher

Bad Company to work for

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

If you like moving from site to site, thia is the job for you. You're never at a desk and it's an easy job.

Cons

Don't pay traveling time. You work for hours without breaks. Its who you know on this job.

Train your staff better.

easy going company

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

rgis is very good about having a flexable schudle for you

Cons

if uy dont have tranportation then ur in trouble

chance for variety

I worked at RGIS

Pros

seen a lot of different states

Cons

way to much travel and sometimes way to long of drives

Take this job and shove it

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I retired from full-time work in July, and the mostly evening and night assignments allowed me to keep my days free for golf.

Cons

Where to start? When I was hired, I was led to believe that I'd be working in an area close to my home. But only 2 of my first six assignments were in that area. When they scheduled me for two inventories that were over an hour away from home, I called to question it but was essentially told that "we schedule you where we need you". That was enough for me, and I resigned that day.
    Pay is pretty weak (start at $9.50 an hour), and the training is a joke. For my first couple of inventories, I was pretty much thrown to the wolves. Then the managers get ticked off because I ask questions.

Training needs to be significantly better. Also, why tell a new hire that he'll be working in one area, but then schedule him elsewhere (farther away) most of the time?