RGIS Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
Updated September 27, 2014
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• Very flexible schedule and supportive management, sutiable for stay at home moms and students (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible

I worked at RGIS

Pros

If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you.

Cons

Traveling is worse part bout this job you can go from one job to the next with no time in between to take breather.

easy going company

I have been working at RGIS full-time for more than a year

Pros

rgis is very good about having a flexable schudle for you

Cons

if uy dont have tranportation then ur in trouble

chance for variety

I worked at RGIS

Pros

seen a lot of different states

Cons

way to much travel and sometimes way to long of drives

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RGIS is a good comany to work for if you're like me and you dont particularly like retail or dealing with customers.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible. Good job for supplemental income

Cons

There are slow weeks so you might have 12 hours one week and 25 another.

Dont expect consistency

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great managers, coworkers, and the willingness to train and teach

Cons

Constant moving to different work sites, not a set schedule or set work place.

Interesting experience

Former Employee - Team Lead In Training  in  Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead In Training in Gurnee, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting people from varied backgrounds. Helped me learn the area due to traveling to different stores. They are eager to promote if you work well and fast. Would provide travel if job was out of given mileage range.

Cons

Promotion ladder is confusing. Each team lead ran stores differently. Be prepared to get called in on your off days and have your work days doubled if you work well. Training seemed repetitive at times. Lack of communication with management at times.

The trainees weren't very helpful it was as if you were employed by a sweat shop.

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Queens Village, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Queens Village, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had no positive experiences working for this company.

Cons

Inventory Auditors were looked down upon by companies we did services for.

Interact with Trainees.

Unprofessional office staff.

Former Employee - Inventory Taker  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in San Diego, CA

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work at your own pace, so if you are the type that likes to get in there work by yourself and not be bothered you can do fairly well. Even tho you are on a team it changes from job to job and you work pretty independently. The supervisors working with you on-site are much more helpful than the staff you don't directly interact with.

Cons

They stick the slower work to the new employees and give the higher paid ones the tools to work faster, so it's hard to get the pay promotions that seem so appealing to begin with. You get a short training session, and once they hire you they seem to want nothing to do with you other than for you to show up to whatever job they give you, which fairly often will end up being a 4am job 90 minutes away. You need to be extremely flexible.

If your primary form of contact to your employees is through email, you should actually be able to respond to emails from your employees. I shouldn't have to email you six times before getting in contact with you. Send some sort of confirmation so I don't feel completely unheard.

Home Depot teams versus local teams

Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert

I worked at RGIS part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay for home depot teams is actually higher than the local districts. Option of transferring when moving to another place. Stable hours for depot unless there was a blackout versus the local team's unpredictable hours. Meet people of all backgrounds. Get to travel to various states. U get what u put in.

Cons

The pay is not kept when transferring to another districts. They put you in the crappiest hotels that are usually 30 minutes away from the Home Depot you have to count, that are infested with bedbugs. Scheduling for home depot is consistent whereas the local stores put it out on the beginning of the week and constantly changes it. Transferring into another district I was constantly overlooked and given no pieces while their people got good pieces, even tho I counted much faster than their top guns. Team Leaders are a joke in local stores. They have too much favoritism and don't do their job well.

figure out a way to exclude set up hours from actual counting day's aph. treat your coworkers better. hire better managers and assistant managers!

Travel Team is best.

Current Employee - Expert  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Expert in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at RGIS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money if your a fast counter. You make more money traveling. You get full holiday weeks off. You don't work weekends on the traveling team unless you help another team for support.

Cons

Per diem pay is low. Shows alot of favoritism. Not good to travel if your a slow counter.

Quit showing favortism. Put people where their supposed to be in the right flow.

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!