RGIS

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
2.5

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Crummy job with decent pay.....if you apply yourself.

Current Employee - Expert Auditor/Flow Leader in Bartlett, IL
    Current Employee - Expert Auditor/Flow Leader in Bartlett, IL

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for almost 3 years and get overtime more weeks than not.
    Every 7 weeks you are eligible for pay raise.

Cons

Lots of night shifts.
    Many Travel stores, often over 100 miles....but paid travel after an hour in van.

Better communication among mangers.
    More extensive training for new-hires.

Auditor

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

I like that RGIS is not your typical 9 to 5 shift and also the fact that work is anything but straining or complicated they can literally train monkeys to do that type of work. You always work with different ppl because so many come and go. There usually always work available despite it not being your typical job stores are always calling to have their merchandise inventoried. Pay is pretty decent considering the ease of the work. It was $9 but now I believe they raised it to $9.50 you can also increase your pay by improving your performance moving up is fairly easy as long as your responsible and punctual. The supervisors are pretty nice but you always a few who act like massholes but that's at every job im sure.

Cons

The bad part is sometimes you may not have stores for weeks OR you may only have certain stores and they only last 2 hours. Some store maybe far and are not worth the gas or mileage. The only time they drive you is if the store is not within a 30 mile radius of your assigned office. So if the store is 25 miles away you have to drive and you may only be there for 2hrs. :/ They can be very strict if you miss more than one store so always let them know in advance if you cant make it. But if they send the schedule out late it maybe hard to do so. Also the hours can be dreadful if you work mornings you may have to be at a store 3 or 4am and if you work nights you have to be at a store from 11pm to 5am sometimes even 7am. And God forbid you have a store the next day in the morning or night.

Good place to work if you like a lot of night shifts

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of hours if you are an accurate, dependable employee

Cons

Higher management treats employees like cattle

Talk to your employees and treat them like actual people

Decent part time opportunity

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

When there's work, you work. As long as you have a flexible schedule and don't mind waking up at the crack of dawn, you will get hours. There is potential to advance. If you ask, and management thinks you have potential, they will work with you.

Cons

Be prepared to find another part time job when slow season comes or if you don't have a really flexible schedule because if you're depending on the money from this job, you will be disappointed. If you have a flexible schedule, they will put you on doubles (morning, nights) which can wreck havoc with your sleep cycle and any plans you might have.

A company that helps the community

Current Employee - Team Leader in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in South Bend, IN

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great benefit is a flexible schedule. This has helped me out many times. It is pretty easy to get a promotion as long as you work hard. Major values for the company are accuracy, speed, and service.

Cons

Once you get a promotion (raise) it can be taken away within a day if you don't keep your APH up. The work is flexible, but when you tell management you can not work specific times, they will schedule you and you need to find someone to work for you.

Main thing is, if you say something that will help your team, please stay with it.

The Perfect Job if You're Desperate and Can't Pass Drug Test

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Salem, OR

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They'll hire anyone. And I mean anyone. They're desperate for anyone to work for them. If you work part-time, you'll finally be able to afford a refrigerator box to settle under. But they pay for travel, which is nice.

Cons

Was constantly jerked around by management, management played favorites, hours were weird, schedules would always change on my last minute, there was too much of an emphasis on quantity when inventorying and not on quality (so before I resigned, I settled on "stacking" and rushing just to meet my quota).

Not pleasant at all.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Clark, NJ

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easily accumulate a lot of hours.

Cons

Didn't get paid nearly enough for the work that I was doing.
    Didn't specify that you could be traveling 20 miles or further.

Be upfront and not sneaky.

Overworked/Underpaid

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Brandon, FL

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meet a lot of different people

Cons

They schedule you for hours at end, and expect you to work with no to little sleep, and keep your numbers up. Training is not up to par.

Work-life balance, Make sure training is all inclusive so everyone knows what they are doing at different types of store.

Tedious job if you like that sort of thing

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Early hours, day was done by 12 or 1 in the afternoon

Cons

Pay is low and travel can be hectic where you car pool to stores and hour away

better pay

Easy work, easy pay for a part time job

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The tasks are generally easy to do, and the staff can be helpful if you're new to the job. There's room for some growth as an inventory auditor as long as you stay consistent at counting and show up on time.
    The company is always looking for people to hire.
    If you're looking to familiarize yourself with the area you're living in, this job involves traveling everywhere within the state you're in.
    This job is great for early birds and night owls.

Cons

Scheduling is sporadic during November and December, so if you're looking to pay the bills working this job, this would not be it.
    This job is not friendly to anyone without reliable transportation.

Maintain a good balance with scheduling. Do not create conflicting schedules.