RGIS

Updated March 3, 2015
Updated March 3, 2015
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Not really worth it.

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The former district before being consolidated with another one was pretty good. Different scenery and things are a little different everyday. Mindless work really.

Cons

Boss does not always do a very good job with working with your availability. Not a great schedule...it's usually very early in the morning or late at night. Hard to know your actual schedule and how to plan around this job because it is always different and you never know when you will be done.

The flat across the board pay rates are horrible. It is almost impossible to accurately achieve 'Top Gun". The first time I worked for your company it was still private and there was none of that, we actually got raises like a normal job. I always felt like you expected an awful lot out of someone for an unreliable part time job.

Rgis inventory specialist

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Good salary £7.50, friendly environment

Cons

Poor working hours usually between 12-3am to 12-2pm

The job itself was fun. It was nice going to different stores and counting the products.

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Victorville, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Victorville, CA

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were all nice to be around, everyone basically looked out for each other.

Cons

The hire level people get a high APH just for the simple fact that the person in charge puts them in an easier area than everyone else. The bosses are also extremely rude and belittle everyone.

learn how to treat your workers with the respect they deserve

How to make RGIS Better

Former Employee - Auditor Specialist
    Former Employee - Auditor Specialist

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

Some good people there who toil for years with little to show for it. Can move ahead quickly if you wat to if you show up and count accurately & fast.

Cons

Low pay. Low benefits. Inconsistent hours. Late and super early start times. Spend tons of money on gas and car upkeep costs that are uncompensated. Sometimes must drive long distances to get to work site. Sometimes difficult working conditions--hot, cold, dusty, dirty & cramped spaces etc. Sometimes must lift heavy things to get to bar codes. Sometimes must climb high ladders to count overstocks. Job can be very boring, repetitious & tedious Short breaks (10 minutes) and lunches (30 minutes) making it difficult to get food, eat and get back to work on time. Productivity (APH or average per hour) goals are sometimes unrealistic in many stores and count areas. Possible favoritism in giving some people the easy & fast areas so they achieve higher ranks & pay. While there are some fast & accurate counters, some auditors possibly cut corners to reach higher APHs by "cherrypicking" easy to count areas, estimating or batching when they can get away with it. The more accurate & careful auditors, and those that always show up for jobs are apparently not appreciated by the company. The company appears to value & reward counting speed more than accuracy.

Higher pay & benefits;compensate travel costs; longer breaks; reward accuracy as well as speed; let everyone have a chance counting the multi-quantity and easy areas; once in a while, reward the team with doughnuts & coffee during breaks. If these things are done, employee morale would improve & turnover would be sharply reduced, reducing training costs.

Misrepresentation of the corporation

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Hampton, NH
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Hampton, NH

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Kind co-workers, considerate, different backgrounds

Cons

Was told hours would be 4-6 per shift. First job was 8 hours since 4 out of 6 showed up and I was told I 'had' to drive someone home without my consent. Second job was 4 hours because 6 of 12 showed up. I would have been happy staying 6 hours since I drove 1-1/2 hours to the site at 4 a.m. We had to leave early since the store had to open and did not wish to have us beeping throughout their lovely store. Too bad the other 6 did not bother to call. I sent an email to HR 2 weeks ago and never received a reply. I wish I could reach the IT department so I could ask a question with regard to my Chrome connection. I signed up for direct deposit and received pay via debit card. I did not receive onboard pay and I was short changed my training pay. My college education was dismissed and I was told that a high school education was preferred. One of my fellow trainees mentioned when he was 18 he drove inebriated, got in a car wreck, and has no means of transport. And yet he was hired. I could go on and on. One more thing, when I showed for my interview I was the only one (of four) to show up. One person (local) called to say they could not make it due to weather and the other two did not bother to even call. I drove 30 miles when there were no weather related issues. This put my training off for 1 week. Very sad. I showed on time for training and other two were late. Imagine.

Be honest. Do background checks before hiring. Do drug screening. Make people perform proper hygiene. Please do not have your managers/supervisors work 90+ hours per week every week. This is most unhealthy and leads to falling asleep at the wheel, heart disease, inaccuracy, sleep deprivation, poor hygiene, and an incongruent balance of work and family.

Better than no job at all

Current Employee - Inventory Taker in North Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker in North Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It got me out of the house.

Cons

It would be easy to spend my entire paycheck on gasoline just to get to work.

Allow employees to choose their shift from a posted calendar. Many shifts could be filled, and everyone's schedules could be better accommodated.
    It would also help if management actually listened to the employees' concerns instead of dismissing everyone.

RGIS and APH

Current Employee - Auditor
    Current Employee - Auditor

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Love the job easy

Cons

Soemtines not guaranteed hours . Ive been here going on 2 months I know I shouldn't really worry about my APH Cuz "ACCURACY FIRST" I NEED HELP MOVING UP how do I move up I know there is tricks n cheat systems man idk what I'm doing wrong I'm getting more comfortable . anybody give me some advice please ? I just stresses me cuz it makes me feel like "oh you're slow ,not good enough" ..! My accuracy is pretty damn good but my speed idk wat I'm doing wrong I've been getting to be more and more in the green lately lol

A waste of your time effort and money.

Current Employee - Auditor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Auditor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for RGIS. The region I worked (D778) for is a complete shambles.

Cons

You'd be better off breaking rocks on a chain gang.

The first thing you notice about RGIS are the number of 'foreign' staff. The management tends to be Asian and the lower level employees are mostly Eastern European. This is not a racist observation, it is a cultural one - and a warning - only those in certain economic positions will put up with the treatment they are about to receive.

It takes about 2 minutes to work out why staff turnover is so high.

My first day on the job my supervisor said "If you're finished, boy. Go downstairs." I'm 50 years old . . . the conversation did not end well.

But to demonstrate how inept the local management are we need to go back to the beginning: I turned up at the first location to work . . . after 2 hours of waiting and messing around, I was eventually sent home because I didn't have a uniform or an official I.D. (They had not provided me with one). 2hrs travelling + 2 hrs Waiting, £5.60 in transport costs - compensation - nil.

Attempt 2. (6 weeks later ). After being provided with ID and unform I arrived at another venue. The barcode on my ID badge was not recognised but they claimed they'd log me on manually. 7 hours later I asked for a break and was told I didn't need one - the count would be finished soon.

2 weeks later. Yay! Payday!

Amount deposited into my bank account - nil!

Contacted head office. Apparently I'd only started yesterday and there was no way I could have worked two weeks ago.

I'm not accusing them of fraud. I can see what has happened. They're just incompetent.

Invest some of the budget spent on staff recruitment on staff retention. Promote staff to management and supervisory positions on management and supervisory skills rather than their stock counting speed.

Poor Hours

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Good People to work with

Cons

Really low hours. Drive to far for work.

Not a bad first job.

Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RGIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different place every day so it isn't repetitive or boring.

Cons

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different location, every single day. You don't get paid for travel unless it is over an hour. Sometimes you're so understaffed you will work 12 hour shifts, other times there is so many people to help, you may only get in a 4 hour work day. If you don't drive, you'll be taking the bus to terrible neighborhoods at all hours of the day/night. They have meets to accommodate you, so you're squished in a van of 11 other people who were more than likely convicted of something or previously addicted to drugs. Each district thinks their district is better than other district. MAYBE you'll get an actual break after 5 hours but it depends on the work load. The environment is dirty and disgusting. You count for hours at a time without a break until you feel like your head is going to explode. It's not a bad job to work at as your first job, or if you've been convicted of anything but stealing, or if you've once been addicted to drugs. But long term or for a goal driven individual, this is not a good job.

Make sure you're properly staffed for each store per size. Allow your staff a proper break. Make sure the stores properly prepped the store for counting.