RGIS Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• Very flexible schedule and supportive management, sutiable for stay at home moms and students (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Take this job and shove it

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I retired from full-time work in July, and the mostly evening and night assignments allowed me to keep my days free for golf.

Cons

Where to start? When I was hired, I was led to believe that I'd be working in an area close to my home. But only 2 of my first six assignments were in that area. When they scheduled me for two inventories that were over an hour away from home, I called to question it but was essentially told that "we schedule you where we need you". That was enough for me, and I resigned that day.
    Pay is pretty weak (start at $9.50 an hour), and the training is a joke. For my first couple of inventories, I was pretty much thrown to the wolves. Then the managers get ticked off because I ask questions.

Training needs to be significantly better. Also, why tell a new hire that he'll be working in one area, but then schedule him elsewhere (farther away) most of the time?

RGIS is a good comany to work for if you're like me and you dont particularly like retail or dealing with customers.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible. Good job for supplemental income

Cons

There are slow weeks so you might have 12 hours one week and 25 another.

Dont expect consistency

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great managers, coworkers, and the willingness to train and teach

Cons

Constant moving to different work sites, not a set schedule or set work place.

Interesting experience

Former Employee - Team Lead In Training in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead In Training in Gurnee, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting people from varied backgrounds. Helped me learn the area due to traveling to different stores. They are eager to promote if you work well and fast. Would provide travel if job was out of given mileage range.

Cons

Promotion ladder is confusing. Each team lead ran stores differently. Be prepared to get called in on your off days and have your work days doubled if you work well. Training seemed repetitive at times. Lack of communication with management at times.

Inventory Specialist with RGIS

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RGIS is a superb organization that has many opportunities worldwide. It is an excellent opportunity for both recent high school and college graduates as well as experienced employees. Advancement to supervisory responsibilities are excellent for those who are diligent and desire management level .One of the best reasons to work for RGIS is the relative ease in which employees can transfer to other locations if they are relocating.

Cons

No cons that I can come up with.

Dynamic and organized.

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Work-life balance and team management.

Cons

Low compensation and little growth.

I love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RGIS (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is the perfect job for those few people that would rather spend their lives being with loved ones and doing things that inspire their soul rather than spending their life working monday through Friday 9 to 5 every week of of every year for the rest of their life.

Cons

Odd hours some traveling /carpooling

Rgis

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy job. Just count merchandise

Cons

Can get repetitive. Very boring.will throw of your sleep

Teach the employees how to work the machine better.

Don't waste your time, this company will screw you over in the end.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

Independent work, once you're at job. Opportunity to work flexible schedule.

Cons

Where should I begin? I worked here for three and a half years, supervisors are often rude, upper management doesn't value you as an employee, my particular district manager had a serious selective listening problem. I worked overnights, during snowstorms, was at jobs where the supervisor literally screamed at my team in front of store staff. I had an incident where another supervisor wanted to ask me a question after a job, meanwhile, my car had broken down and I ran down my cell phone battery trying to call for a tow truck. When I finally returned home, and was able to contact this supervisor; he made it obvious I was bothering him and wasting his time, because it was hours later. He had no concern for my welfare. Supervisors and district managers play favorites and are suddenly unavailable when you really need them. Many workers and supervisors in my district were widely known to be drug abusers, nothing was ever done. I asked for time off for a vacation FOUR months ahead of schedule, and my district manager never seemed to remember that I had asked him; even texting me the day I left (while I was at the airport) asking me to come in early. I actually developed a chronic health problem during my work here, due to the over night work. Lastly, I was never able tor get a raise,(apparently I wasn't "fast" enough) and when I asked this company to move around my hours so that I could go back to school, they did not. So I quit, followed two weeks later by a letter from the company office stated that I was terminated. Thanks a lot, RGIS.

LISTEN, and at least attempt to value your employees, even the ones who work part-time. You have lives outside work, and we do also.

Rude Management! Supervisors are awful!

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Houston, TX

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired!
    Easy work!

Cons

They gave me a schedule I was prepared and ready to work! I went to the jobsite at my scheduled time(9:30) and I was told they are almost done. The supervisor lady rudely told me that I could go home because they started at 7:30.I explained to her that I was going by the schedule.She was sooo rude !! The next day the Area mgr called me and left a RUDE msg saying I didnt show up & I could get terminated.I called her back to tell her I did show up ON TIME, and I thimk its messed up I had to waste gas.She said O!THEY had you scheduled at the wrong time and everything is ok, but she never apologised.She claimed she would speak with her DM & call me back because the supervisor lady didnt tell her I came.SHE NEVER CALLED ME BACK....IM DONE WITH THAT COMPANY!

Keep your word! Be considerate!! You lost a great employee!