RGIS

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

RGIS is a good comany to work for if you're like me and you dont particularly like retail or dealing with customers.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Marietta, GA

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible. Good job for supplemental income

Cons

There are slow weeks so you might have 12 hours one week and 25 another.

I love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RGIS (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is the perfect job for those few people that would rather spend their lives being with loved ones and doing things that inspire their soul rather than spending their life working monday through Friday 9 to 5 every week of of every year for the rest of their life.

Cons

Odd hours some traveling /carpooling

Unprofessional and hostile environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

Bearable if time is very limited

Cons

Unprofessional management, fights during the job, rude and hostile workers

Raise the pay so the morale and the standards of the workers might potentially get higher

Bad Company to work for

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

If you like moving from site to site, thia is the job for you. You're never at a desk and it's an easy job.

Cons

Don't pay traveling time. You work for hours without breaks. Its who you know on this job.

Train your staff better.

Unprofessional office staff.

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in San Diego, CA

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can work at your own pace, so if you are the type that likes to get in there work by yourself and not be bothered you can do fairly well. Even tho you are on a team it changes from job to job and you work pretty independently. The supervisors working with you on-site are much more helpful than the staff you don't directly interact with.

Cons

They stick the slower work to the new employees and give the higher paid ones the tools to work faster, so it's hard to get the pay promotions that seem so appealing to begin with. You get a short training session, and once they hire you they seem to want nothing to do with you other than for you to show up to whatever job they give you, which fairly often will end up being a 4am job 90 minutes away. You need to be extremely flexible.

If your primary form of contact to your employees is through email, you should actually be able to respond to emails from your employees. I shouldn't have to email you six times before getting in contact with you. Send some sort of confirmation so I don't feel completely unheard.

The trainees weren't very helpful it was as if you were employed by a sweat shop.

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Queens Village, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Queens Village, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had no positive experiences working for this company.

Cons

Inventory Auditors were looked down upon by companies we did services for.

Interact with Trainees.

Home Depot teams versus local teams

Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditory Expert

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay for home depot teams is actually higher than the local districts. Option of transferring when moving to another place. Stable hours for depot unless there was a blackout versus the local team's unpredictable hours. Meet people of all backgrounds. Get to travel to various states. U get what u put in.

Cons

The pay is not kept when transferring to another districts. They put you in the crappiest hotels that are usually 30 minutes away from the Home Depot you have to count, that are infested with bedbugs. Scheduling for home depot is consistent whereas the local stores put it out on the beginning of the week and constantly changes it. Transferring into another district I was constantly overlooked and given no pieces while their people got good pieces, even tho I counted much faster than their top guns. Team Leaders are a joke in local stores. They have too much favoritism and don't do their job well.

figure out a way to exclude set up hours from actual counting day's aph. treat your coworkers better. hire better managers and assistant managers!

Travel Team is best.

Current Employee - Expert in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Expert in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good money if your a fast counter. You make more money traveling. You get full holiday weeks off. You don't work weekends on the traveling team unless you help another team for support.

Cons

Per diem pay is low. Shows alot of favoritism. Not good to travel if your a slow counter.

Quit showing favortism. Put people where their supposed to be in the right flow.

Inventory Specialist with RGIS

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RGIS is a superb organization that has many opportunities worldwide. It is an excellent opportunity for both recent high school and college graduates as well as experienced employees. Advancement to supervisory responsibilities are excellent for those who are diligent and desire management level .One of the best reasons to work for RGIS is the relative ease in which employees can transfer to other locations if they are relocating.

Cons

No cons that I can come up with.

Dynamic and organized.

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Work-life balance and team management.

Cons

Low compensation and little growth.