RGIS

www.rgisinv.com

RGIS Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

John Ling

Pros
  • Flexible hours, great pay and the fast track program is worth working extra hard for :) (in 24 reviews)

• If all you are looking for is part time second job then this is great (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 16 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Work/life at RGIS Headquarters as a CAD Tech was a lot like working at a poorly managed factory...as a SCAB

CAD Tech (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThe paycheck. No unemployment or job options made this job a prize. Lots of training with no compensation or personal growth.

ConsThe paycheck. No benefits or promotions. Sometimes it seemed as though the work schedule would change just to inconvenient the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should not be treated as unnecessary overhead

Wage Slavery Personified!

Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsIt's a job, the hours and scheduling are very flexible.

ConsYou're treated like a felon depending on the store (Victorias Secret was very notorious for this) and patted down to make sure you're not shoplifting. You have to pay for travel time up for one hour and its not compensated. You're held to impossible work standards. You won't be employed full-time, you're always on call. Its the definition of a dead-end job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human beings!

Great Experiences on 10-key

Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) Holland, OH

ProsTimeframe is flexible, real easy job to do

ConsNot making too much money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overlooked potential; hired as Inventory Auditor, rather than skilled Inventory Manager.

Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) East Providence, RI

ProsEasy to learn, easy work, some other employees are fun to be around. New stores to inventory. They hire anyone off the street, as it were, to be Inventory Auditors, though they choose inexperienced people to be managers. VERY varied schedule, but I was used to that kind of thing.

ConsI worked previously for WIS International, a competing company, for 8 years, working my way up to an Inventory Manager. When I left WIS, and applied for RGIS, I applied as an Inventory Manager, since I was qualified, considering the skills and experience required. I was hired, however, as an entry-level Inventory Auditor. The hiring manager knew of my previous experience, but ignored it. When I tried to give advice, I was looked down on by people who had only worked in the business for a year or two.

A district manager questioned why I was in the entry-level position, and the manager who happened to hire me (who was on the sales floor next to me) lied to the manager, and said that I never told her about my previous experience. Really?! Okay. She then told him that she had no idea who I was, so she couldn't really talk about it.

The job, considering there are no work vehicles (vans, etc.) can be hard on personal vehicles, since you need to drive yourself to and from each store. I quit a few months after working there, still as an Inventory Auditor - even AFTER the district manager suggested I be promoted, since we spoke for some time, and I gave a variety of suggestions that he told the other managers to put to use. The money wasn't worth it, since I was barely getting scheduled any hours, and I was paying more in gas than I was actually getting paid.

The favoritism was incredible. The "Top Guns" got to cherry pick whatever areas they wanted, and god forbid you try to scan the area!! Even certain shelves; for example, shelves 1-4 are fine for anyone, but 5-7 are for Top Guns ONLY.! Yet they wouldn't give other people the ability to become Top Guns. Only the people that they liked had that ability. The levels of "employment" - "auditor", "expert", "top gun", etc., are all useless. Everyone does the same job.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually check your managers in each office. Many of them don't know what they're doing. Even when I just started at this job, and had to learn a new machine, etc., I was STILL training other new people how to do the job. If someone says that they have the experience to do the job, test them, and if they pass, promote them.
    The Top Gun, etc., "positions" need to be checked out, as well. Either give that ability to anyone who can obtain it, or get rid of it completely.
    Company vans would be great for some people, especially in the "slow months" when it costs more to drive to the store than you'd receive working there.

bad hours low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWill hire easily. You have a choice to when you want to work.

ConsThe hours available usually aren't hours you would normally want to work. Pay is very low.

No Way

Auditor (Former Employee)

Proseasy to be hired hred

Conslow pay; sporadic schedule; not nice

Advice to Senior Managementno sporadic schedule

Disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeing able to choose your schedule

ConsNot knowing when you will be done, not enough hours, having to drive far

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter hours

Most toxic work environment ever experienced

Information Technology (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsSome good people, but WAY too many managers that don't have a clue, and a senior management team that allowed an out of control CIO to remain in place for too long

ConsWeak structure, weak compliance, weak management team

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to all the great talent you have in the trenches that keep your company alive

Typical office admin job

Account Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsEasy work, good money for the actual work you do, flexible with vacation and sick days

ConsNot really room for advancement, no accountability for non performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pay raises consistent with increases in cost of living

Nice 2nd job

Inventory Taker (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWork is available to anyone who has a car.
    Work as many or as few hours needed.

ConsThe work is hard on my back and knees.
    The hours are crazy - late evenings, very early mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPost a calendar of local inventories needing employees to sign up. People could choose their own schedules for the most part. It would increase morale and cut down on unnecessary travel. Scheduling managers could still assign people to certain jobs.

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!