RGIS

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

No respect

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy to move up

Cons

Hours are extreme during busy season, managers are overworked, everyone is underpaid, management does not value the employees.

Give your managers an acceptable work load to help them assist those under them. Working a triple is unacceptable.

Unorganized.

Former Employee - Inventory Top Gun in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Inventory Top Gun in Bloomington, MN

I worked at RGIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is good for how easy it is. It's very easy to get promoted. I got to travel to a bunch of cool places.

Cons

The management is horrible- unorganized, lacking communication, playing favorites really severely and openly (and I say this as someone who was a "favorite"). It's nearly impossible to get fired, meaning that really terrible people stay on the team far longer than they should. Shift start times vary widely, from 5am to 11pm and any time in between.

Fire people who are breaking company policies, like harassment and smoking weed while in hotels on the road.

Everyone wants to be boss

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You drive a lot so you get to know the area if you just moved.

Cons

Management is very inconsistent. They seem to not know what it is like to be an employee and get upset when you quit.

Start from scratch even if you loose some clients at first it is better than loosing them permanently because you don't have a proper staff.

Don't expect to have a personal life.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at RGIS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary would be good if you actually worked the 48 hour week you were being paid for. Yearly bonus' were great if your district faired well. You get to travel.

Cons

Late nights that turn into early mornings and vice versa. Senior management out of touch with the field. Managers are too task saturated to focus on things of importance. Company does not value it's employees and does not take the time to properly train managers.

Train and value your employees and you will get loyalty.

An opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A company that hires within with fast track promotions. Team orientated that relies on the feeicientcy and accuracy for the employees.

Cons

Long hours at odd times of the day. Shifts that range from starting early mornings, 2:00am, to late nights, 9:00pm. Requires a vast amount of standing and concentration.

Continuous training for the employees.

The zen of black and white numbers

Current Employee - Team Leader Top Gun in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Team Leader Top Gun in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the fact that numbers are numbers. The only grey areas that arise are when the store is open and customers are shopping. Otherwise, It is what it is. This is a great job if you haven't taken time to explore your region and you get paid to window shop. Store personnel are almost always blown away by some aspect of your work (You're fast! Neat laser thing. You've been where?).
    There are plenty of opportunities to increase your pay with minimal increase in responsibility (unless that's what you're after). It's a global company. I moved from ND to WA with a simple transfer that kept my rank and the worst thing that happened was a I took a $.25 deduction. Not bad for having a job lined up right away. Moving up into management often requires a transfer to a new district (take that as you will).
    In ND, we had company vehicles to travel the district (the entire state and NW MN). Here in WA, you carpool with other people in their personal vehicles (a little awkward). You have the option of opting out of using your personal vehicle, though you get reimbursed for trips outside of 30mi.
    Only been in WA for a month, but in ND... strong friendships were built. (Love to my D64 peeps)

Cons

Long. Hours. You do not work 8-5 M-F. No. You work until the inventory is done. There are many inventories that are predictable and you can work with your boss to be let out by a set time if needed, but you have to be flexible. Not much of a job for those with children for this reason, but I have seen it done. Some store personnel have massive logs up where the sun doesn't shine. I mean, Massive Sequoia sized logs. They can be rude, mean, insulting and demeaning. You learn to identify and avoid, keep your head down and just get it over with.
    Also, don't bother with the medical benefits. It's a crap discount.

Lets really step up the roll out of the new equipment and program. I've heard things down the pipe and have worked with the new program (Arctic Cat, TRF, MN). I can't wait to see it hit for real.

It was all right

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

You do get pay raises if you work quickly. The people that work there are usually nice. I worked here during college breaks and it was a good job for that. They hire anyone that applies, they are always looking for people.

Cons

The management are sometimes short-tempered. Also they expect you to work crazy hours, some days I would work a night shift then be expected to be at another store at 5am the next morning. Also, there is no end time for shifts, you leave when the work is done.

Painful

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I worked at RGIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you need a job you got one.

Cons

Supervisors need to train better.very unorganized. Not enough hours.

TRAIN!!

Expert.....eh.. its good practice

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

gets you away from home
    meet interesting and cool friends who also share your dread

Cons

travel, underpaid, management is terrible. Oh did i mention seriously underpaid? Million $$ stores that want their store audited and we get paid just above the minimum

Tedious

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its easy and simple work.

Cons

All you're doing is counting, sometimes the samething hundreds of time. Early mornings and late nights.

Provide better training for using the scanner.