RGP Reviews

Reset
2.7
RGP CEO and President Tony Cherbak
Tony Cherbak

Pros
  • As a company they do seem to recognize a work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Good benefits, high quality consultants (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Pull people off the street for immediate needs and long bench time after that in most cases (in 16 reviews)

• There is incredibly high turnover with Client Service Directors (salespeople) as many were hired to build strategic relationships with key accounts (in 12 reviews)

1. Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at RGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity is good and everyone is very professional.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Balance was great so there is nothing to share with Management. I only wish that another opportunity was available for me to be a part of the staff again.

Worst Case Scenario

Current Contractor - Financial Services Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Financial Services Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The client service people know how to woo you. They know how to whisper sweet nothings into your ear and tell you exactly what you want to hear. Worried about having consistent work? Don't worry. The client service directors will tell you good lies that put your concerns about not working at ease. I believe one told me "someone with your background will never be on the bench. You have such an excellent background and the Houston market is short of consultants! We need more people like you!"

Cons

Here's my experience. RGP failed to do their due diligence because a pion from a Fortune 500 company called them (RGP) and asked for resources (a consultant). Rather than ensure the person contacting RGP had the authority to make such a request, the client service directors (at RGP) reacted like they saw a celebrity and did anything they could to get me to work at that client site. I was even called "flakey", and that was because I said "no" to RGP 3 times. Why? Sure I was offered a high rate. Yes, I hated my job prior to that of RGP. But the task explained by RGP was beneath my skills, and, frankly, not at all interesting. However, that was not my issue with RGP. What I don't respect are the lies. Don't tell me my background is amazing when the reality is, I was only suited for that one client and ill suited for everyone else. Don't tell me that there are more jobs than there are consultants to solidify the fact that I am needed as a resource. Don't tell me that the Houston job market is amazing and that downtime has been nonexistent for 3 years. Don't lie! Because when things did not work out, all I got from those within RGP was an "I'm sorry. Hang in there." The real story: The person that requested the resource from RGP did not have the authority to do so. Her boss told her to fix her mistake. Rather than give me 2 weeks notice (per the agreement between RGP and that client) I was only given 1 week. Really, I was shoved out the door. My project that was to last for 6 months terminated in 5 weeks. Now I am looking at being terminated as an employee at RGP because I have been on the bench for 3 months. Worse, this situation has drained my bank accounts and I need to move out of my home because I can no longer afford to live in it. Again, this has been my experience, but I feel taken advantage of and lied to. I cannot support a company that will willingly lie and manipulate just to get what they want. And really, RGP is not a company. It is a placement agency. RGP advertises itself as a spin-off from Deloitte, however, I highly doubt a Big 4 will behave as sloppily with its clients as what I have personally experience. Trust me, I am currently a consultant for one of them (and am thankful for the opportunity to pay my bills as well as enhance my resume). When one works, it is to support themselves, not to lose things they have worked hard for, especially their home.

Advice to Management

Ensure your client service people do their due diligence when communicating with those making requests for consultants. Make sure those that are making the requests have the authority to do so. Simple background checks can prevent a lot of problems in the future. Only 5 weeks out of a 6 month contract...that is a lot of money lost to RGP. Whomever set up that deal with the client should be fired.

RGP Response

Feb 11, 2015VP of Client Strategy

Thank you for your candid post. RGP strives to be transparent and welcomes all feedback from our Consultants. We would be happy to discuss this further with you and can arrange a direct conversation ... More

3. Confirmation of excellent Consulting firm

Former Contractor - Supply Chain Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Supply Chain Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at RGP as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good assignments
    Good Professional staff
    Good benefits
    The Firm has as good reputation in the industry

Cons

Sometime there is a long wait between assignments

Advice to Management

You have a good organization. perhaps it would be better to return to your old bonus plan

Great Company to work for. Good work\life balance and compensation.

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very professional company to work for, with a great list of clients and projects. Along with great clients and projects, the consultants that work for Resources are world class.

Cons

Due to the nature of project based work, advancement is slow. Not bad if you have reached your peak professionally and looking to apply your skills and just work.

Advice to Management

Foster a sense of teamwork with clients and present turnkey solutions. Over the years, many opportunities have gone to our competitors with lessor skilled teams, who presented a team based, turnkey solution, over simply pitching man hours. Resources has a large and talented work force, which could be formed into teams (as needed) to provide better solutions to our clients, who desperately need what we can do for them.

RSS Feed </> Embed