RGP

Updated December 17, 2014
3.6

RGP CEO and President Tony Cherbak
Tony Cherbak

Pros
  • As a company they do seem to recognize a work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Good benefits and the company pays for your benefits if you are between contracts (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much bench time and lack of consistent communication from client service team (in 16 reviews)

• There has been a lot of turnover in sales/ client service teams over the last few years (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with varied and interesting clients

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at RGP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment, we are always off to new bigger messes to clean up and help the client move to a better place!
    Always have full support from the home office when experiencing a client issue.

Cons

Some clients are further from home...but then you get to earn hotel points to use later!

We Are Not a Staffing Agency. You Are an Employee...As Long As You Are Billing Hours

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at RGP full-time

Pros

Certain offices have long term relationships with clients. In theory, RGP should have a robust pipeline of ongoing projects and leads, especially places like Seattle and Bay Area.

Cons

I hear them talk a lot about "hot opportunities" and wanting to present people ASAP for "breaking roles". In over 16 months however, no new clients or confirmed projects in Pacific NW. Nothing. Large companies do not seem to be using RGP anymore. Some have never heard of RGP - something is very wrong.

RGP in PNW is apparently trying to adjust and regain revenue by short changing consultants. Ask RGP what they will be billing you at to their client - they should tell you - many firms do as a matter of transparency and good faith.

RGP will try to convince folks they are "employees" and are really earning "so much more in benefits, time and a half OT", etc. reality is, true employees are paid a consistent salary, regardless or hours per week "on bench". RGP DOES NOT PAY IF YOU ARE NOT ASSIGNED TO A PROJECT. Zero, zip, nada.

You do not accrue PTO, or benefits access when you are unassigned. Nothing. Good deal for RGP: try to lock people in at lower rate with promise of billable hours and access to clients.

If a project is cancelled, RGP pays you nothing and you no longer earn access to medical/dental/PTO. So you accept a lower rate and absorb all of the risk for RGP??? Uh, not a good deal - too many legit opportunities in PNW to mess with this.

Not sure where things went wrong: RGP was part of Deloitte and used to be well respected. What happened?

Good company.

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Quality of life is good.

Cons

Company is slow to change.

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RGP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, flexible work schedule with sort or long term assignments. Opportunity to work in a variety of industries and work in various states.

Cons

Depends on what office you are working out of, but the majority of management are good people. Overall it is a caring company.

Find some better quality management people in the NC office. The Raleigh are is a huge opportunity without the right client service people there.

Very positive experience.

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and communication.

Cons

Due to the uniqueness of the project, they likely will not be able to find another position for me after this contract ends.

My experience was great.

Former Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI

I worked at RGP as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

The hourly rate was good based on experience and education. In addition, the benefits were great and you can carryover your vacation time from year to year.

Cons

If you are not on a project, you have to use vacation time or apply for unemployment. Also, if you are unassigned for 90 days, you are involuntary terminated, but can get rehired when a project comes open.

Hire better client service directors who could sell their services to potential employers. This will help ensure employees are employed instead of being on the bench without pay.

RGP -- Not enough contract jobs

Former Employee - Legal in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Legal in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at RGP as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Professional environment. RGP treats its employees like professionals.

Cons

When hired I was told there were plenty of jobs to send me on; however, after being hired I was "on the bench" for months.

Keep hiring new employees to a minimum until ALL jobs have been staffed.

Internal Employee

I worked at RGP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good about work life balance. Some of my co workers were really brilliant. Nice location to my home.

Cons

Very closed culture, not a lot of communication. "Old boys club" in a lot of respects. The management seems to encourage a this closed off way of working.

Foster a team atmosphere in the internal offices.

Just OK

I worked at RGP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Time & 1/2 for overtime. Only advantage over other staff aug firms. Very AVERAGE benefits - pay some holidays and accrue vacation time, Some firms give neither.

Cons

Very "temp firm" atmosphere. Pull people off the street for immediate needs and long bench time after that in most cases. Very minimal training available ($200.00? per year allotment). Just not selling much business these days or projects in pipeline.
    High margin billers to clients, but most clients (and consultants) are catching on,

Listen to your consultants. You ask the right questions....just don't listen ! Need more client service directors with books of business.

so far so good!

I have been working at RGP as a contractor

Pros

Great people and good administrative support staff.

Cons

Down time and not enough interaction opportunities with other consultants or client service directors.

More business development strategies