RGS Energy

RGS Energy Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2014

RGS Energy CEO Kam Mofid

Kam Mofid

Ton of opportunity, great new management with visionary abilities

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time

ProsBig goals, dedicated team, and an overall ability to accomplish

ConsInfrastructure seems to be being redesigned, creating a difficult work environment. Lack of systems and support from most departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize responsibilities and needs

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND PASSION INTO THIS COMPANY----DUD!!!!!!

Energy Broker (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsLaptop, expenses and a salary for 4 months . But in many cases its 2 months and your gone.

ConsManagement has no glue. From a young rich CEO with no education to the all white upper management. They promise the world from the recruiter to the management and its all about sign as many deals as you can and then when you do the commission is so low its less then they pay Joe blow off the street which is $500.00... Everyone is acting and being quite and taking as much money as they can. Dead end that comes up fast... They sent out 3 Top people Senior Sales Director and back up and CEO residential non of them closed one deal while here. They went on over 10 ride alongs. Including a 70K deal I had in Desert... NO CLOSINGS!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise is to stock holders to be ware... You have a 30 year old company with stock under $5.00 and then you have a company like Solar City only 8 years old stock at $65.00 Plus per share. They ship panels from east to west and west to east and everyone acts busy but there is no business????????????????????
SMOKE AND MIRRORS....

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RGS Energy

ProsSmart people, growing industry, good people

ConsVery competitive industry leads to some company-wide letdowns

awful, but I worked for a company that was aqcuired by the company RGS acquired (Alteris)...

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Prosexperience, publicly traded, support, huge growth potential, great industry

Consacquired a poorly run company with little to no ops efficiency...

Advice to Senior Managementdon't just blame the sales people... look at the entire process.

Dependable Work, Great People, Dynamic Industry

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time

ProsDependable Job Stability with a great medical benefit package including massage & chiropractor.

ConsA little under payed compared to other big names in the solar industry.

They are all smoke and mirrors! Do not work here.

Energy Consultant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at RGS Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule allowing you to work from home 3 days per week.

ConsUnclear processes and incompetence throughout the entire organization. Occasionally you will get crappy leads for appointments, which you receive after the inside sales team has tried to close them. Only if the prospect requests to have a person come to their house will the leads come to the outside sales team. Most appointments are set for after work hours and on weekends.

They will make it seem like everyone will make $100k per year when the reality is nobody is making any money, or very little money. They want you to network to find your own leads, and then they pay you very little when compared to the industry for the self generate business.

They do not show you the ropes of how to sell and pretty much throw you on appointments. You have to figure it out on your own or you will fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the game of promising the World on an opportunity that you know is not realistic.

Good people in the trenches. Very weak executive management.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at RGS Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent, knowledgeable people where the rubber hits the road (technicians, installers, service).

ConsLot's of M&A without the executive talent needed to integrate the new companies. Execs are out of touch with what is happening in local markets. Lots of turnover among the good managers, leaving only the weak ones hanging on.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach market is different. Hire competent regional managers, get out of their way and let them do their thing. A centrally managed bureaucracy rarely works at any company and is particularly bad in a rapidly evolving industry which is very different in each geography.

A company with heart and solar.

Solar Power Consultant (Current Employee)
Louisville, CO

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPros include an amazing group of people who are passionate about the work they do. Its an honor to make a positive contribution in solving the environmental crisis facing our planet. I love being part of an organization that is a key player in one of the fastest growing and rapidly evolving industries in the world.

ConsGrowing pains. Too many M&A's in relatively short time. We are lacking in a unified culture across the board, and do not always work together as constructively as we could.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster better interdepartmental communication and focus more on training and sharing of best practices across the board.

Good stepping stone...

Sales (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at RGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to get your foot in the door
Good down to earth people for the most part

ConsUpper management does not provide clear leadership or direction

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees feedback and don't disregard

One of the original solar companies trying to modernize to the crazy new solar market

Solar Power Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent company history
Great brand recognition with solar enthusiasts and hippies

ConsIdentity crisis due to many acquisitions and internal changes

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on training. You are no longer the smartest or most trustworthy solar company because your new hires are not properly trained

Worked for RGS Energy? Contribute to the Community!

RGS Energy – Why Work for Us?

RGS Energy (formerly Real Goods Solar) offers clean power at a lower cost than traditional utilities. Using solar energy, we provide homeowners, businesses, schools, and governments a low, fixed rate on electricity that… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGS Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RGS Energy CEO Kam Mofid . All 26 reviews posted anonymously by RGS Energy employees.