RHA Behavioral Health

1. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Burlington, NC

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for they are in line with their mission , the team I work with is awesome in providing mental health services!

Cons

State and Federal Regulatory limitations, on salaries

2. Experience with working with kids who can't help themselves

Current Employee - DT Staff for Mentally Handicapped Children in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - DT Staff for Mentally Handicapped Children in New Bern, NC

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A sense of well doing at the end of the day. Interaction with those less fortunate eventually makes one realize how precious life is. Builds skills in teamwork and social interaction.

Cons

Messy at times, behaviors and a need for patience(which could be considered a pro for some).

Advice to Management

Follow behind the people you lead. Make sure that they are doing what they need to be doing, but most of all don't lose sight of the ultimate goal which is to care and show love for the children.

3. Certified Peer Support Specialist

Current Employee - Certified Peer Support Specialist in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Certified Peer Support Specialist in High Point, NC

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers from each team work really well together. Very understanding. Great communication between all departments. Hours are great. Team leads are cooperative and listen to the needs of employees.

Cons

Do not have any con's to address at this time. Wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. Disorganized

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Served a huge need in area located. Peers worked tirelessly to do all they could for clients given work environment restrictions. Good PDO rate earned each pay period

Cons

Management unsupportive, unrealistic in demands, Highly disorganized. Reputation in community extremely poor with clients and others. Little room for growth internally due to mgmt issues.

Advice to Management

Person centered treatment and a review of procedures in place. Restore reputation in communities and provide quality services clients deserve and need desperately

Culture of fear and intimidation!

Former Employee - Management, Residential Services in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Management, Residential Services in Raleigh, NC

I worked at RHA Behavioral Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate expense account, free alcohol at company sponsored events, learning the hard way what to avoid in your next job search.

Cons

Ridiculous policies, middle management who know just enough to be dangerous, and a have/have not culture between management and line staff.

Advice to Management

You are not better than your front line staff. Really.

A job of last resort. Stay Away!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The clients, and some of the house managers and staff that you will work with on shift. I'm at a loss for any other positive thing to note.

Cons

Literally anything pertaining to the corporate office, or the local administration office. The corporate office is greed driven, and the local administration positions are filled with people who are completely out of their depth. There isn't an effective chain of command in place at the local level and as a result issues, especially employee related issues are never resolved. The lower level positions are 90% filled with African Immigrants which also causes a problem in that it keeps the wages down. They are for the most part wonderful people, but they lack the understanding of what it means to be an American Worker. They settle for 1990 wages in a 2014 world. As a result they often work multiple jobs, with multiple agencies, working 80 plus hours a week, and producing substandard work. You will find a great majority of these workers having to sleep on the job. But be that as it may, it aides corporate in their mission to keep overhead at a minimum. In turn RHA and just about all of these agencies will blame state cut backs for the flat wages and other issues a worker might face in this industry. I find it amusing though that upper level administrators and those at the corporate office have no problem giving themselves ridiculous bonuses, take notice that you will not receive regular raises while in RHA's employ. There have been no raises since 2008. There was a rather lack luster bonus in 2010 but it was almost a slap in the face, an insult. There hasn't been a raise for lower level workers since 2008. As of 2014 the corporate office is supposedly looking to correct this but nothing has happened to date. When the economy and jobs return in this area I'll drop RHA like a bad habit.

Advice to Management

What would it even matter? At this rate one can only warn people who are seeking viable job opportunities... Try paying a living wage.

8. Asheville office is Rockin

Current Employee - Qualified Professional in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Qualified Professional in Asheville, NC

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

My manager is laid back and helpful. Upper management isn't micromanagers. Regional manager, Jay, is super cool and invests in his employees. I feel like when I graduate with my master's there will be so much opportunity for me and they will be willing to invest in my future. Clients I have are super cool and I am SO glad I landed with RHA.

Cons

Changes coming from the MCO have made the entire organization chaotic.

Advice to Management

Consider merit based raises.

9. RHA COUNSELORS

Current Employee - Counselor in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Counselor in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits (insurance offered is BCBS of GA--a bit of a problem due to being in NC).

Cons

Rediculous amount of paperwork. Communication is terrible. Non Licensed personnel seem to be extremely insecure.

Advice to Management

Say what you mean and mean what you say! Trust that you hired the right employee for the job and then give him as much information as you can so that he can do his job well.

10. Caring Teammates

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Within my regional unit there is support and backup. The unit works as a team. Immediate supervisors/management are caring and supportive. They are approachable. They understand when life stressors occur. Good insurance program with wellness incentives. Agency promotes employee health and wellness.

Cons

Management above our unit are micromanagers over our regional management. I have never seen a written policy and procedure manual. . Staff are expected to meet productivity quota but there is no consideration or compensatory time allowed for hours worked in excess of 40 hours to meet expectations. 8 hours earned each paycheck for paid time off to use for sick leave and vacation; must also use for paid holidays. No designated Easter holiday.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and trust your regional supervisors and managers. Compile a concise and complete policy and procedure manual.

RHA Behavioral Health Response

Jun 17, 2014 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. It is good to see you are finding your employment at RHA rewarding and you value the benefits program. We pay for all time worked if you are being encouraged to not ... More

11. Making a difference in the community

I have been working at RHA Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

RHA Behavioral Health does a lot of good with very little resources. I have seen dedicated professionals change peoples lives for the better.

Cons

The services we provide don't get enough funding from the state to pay employees what they deserve.

Advice to Management

Explore pay for performance and use modern communication tools.

RSS Feed </> Embed