RHA Health Services

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
3.1

Gordon J. Simmons

Awesome company helping individuals with IDD succeed.

I have been working at RHA Health Services

Pros

Family-type atmosphere, do they best they can with the funds they have in spite of ridiculous Medicaid cuts.

Cons

No raises/bonuses, not much room for advancement

Good job good people

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

supervisors are typically fair and available. The workload is reasonable and the pay is fair. administrators are willing to work with you to have a flexible schedule as needed most of the time.

Cons

there are new opportunities for advancement in the company hires from outside the agency. Some supervisors are micro managing. nothing is done about staff who create problems for other staff. the company tends to overlook people who go above and beyond and does not reward for good performance.

allow staff to do their jobs without micromanaging them. Promote from within. Give pay increases for employees who have been with you for some time.recognize and reward staff who go above and beyond to promote the company and grow business.

Uncomfortable

I worked at RHA Health Services

Pros

They will pay you every 2 weeks

Cons

Upper management gets most of the profit and the workers are slaves .you don't have a voice in thier company ..they treat therapists , QP's like dirt and expect them to make all the money while the amen staff goes home at 5 has lunch hours and blames everything on the real working staff

Pay the people bringing in the money ..

Very displeased Worker

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I am thankful to have a job to go to everyday.

Cons

This company is not about the staff. It's all about the ones who are in the Corporate offices. We haven't a bonus or a raise in over 8 years or more, but a video surfaced almost a year ago they are still getting their bonuses huge ones at that. The pay within this company is already low so imagine never getting a raise. It's very sad. They are quick to say there isn't any money, but they are buying all types of software equipment and Mercedes vans to drive. They waste money on Christmas parties etc when that could be going to staff. I can't wait for the frauds of this company to be exposed.

Not A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Dsa
    Current Employee - Dsa

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working to make a difference in the lives of clients with developmental disabilities in spite of RHA's lack of consideration and appreciation for people in their employ who do the actual hands on work.

Cons

There are simply too many to list! There haven't been any raises in the past 6 years. The blame for this has been laid at the door steps of state government cuts but corporate still found money to give themselves large bonuses some of the bonuses were six figures! The employees at the lower level were given a bonus in 2010 but it amounted to basically being a slap in the face more of an insult. The insurance is unaffordable and substandard. Many of the employees have to work another job with another agency. RHA basically doesn't care about their front line employees regardless of what they say. A non-profit with a corporate mindset and business model.

How about paying a living wage?

Not bad, could be better.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RHA Health Services (less than an year)

Pros

Rewarding work serving people with real needs.

Cons

Excessive paperwork. Little support or communication from supervisors. Very low pay for risks involved with job. Invasive policies. Too much employee turnover

Better support, pay and respect would go a long way in keeping good qualified staff.

A learning one

Current Employee - Direct Support Leader in Statesville, NC
    Current Employee - Direct Support Leader in Statesville, NC

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Assisting those who need help

Cons

Working with Difficult staff and difficult management

We are very deserving of a raise or bonus

manager

I worked at RHA Health Services full-time

Pros

Good co workers who care for their patients.

Cons

too political,and nepotism every where.

Never get rid of excellent employees.Get rid of lazy and rude workers with no vision or passion.

People we support keeps us coming back.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people we support keep the majority of the employees coming back to work daily. The rewarding feeling when one of the people we support finally accomplishes a goal.

Cons

The DSA staff is expected to be teachers, counselors, drivers, housekeepers and cooks among other duties. On top of the daily logs, notes and documentation that has to be done before leaving your shift. All the different aspects of our job is expected to be done at a high level because we are in direct contact with our service users. We are not compensated for our important need to the company. Because we are a 24/7 operation we are expected to be flexible and this does not allow any chance of maintaining a part-time job. There is no such thing as holiday pay for the DSA staff but management staff does not work any major holidays( Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.)The hourly wage of $9/hr is not enough to sustain a single person with no dependents but you want us to come to work on time, be everything to the people we support and do it at a high level. In some of the group homes we work 8 to 9 hrs straight because there is only one staff on duty. We are constantly monitoring our residents so we don't get lunch or dinner breaks. Paid days off is hard to schedule because of budget restrictions that most staff don't understand. So the accrual time on our pay stubs mean nothing if you can't take time off when you want it and not when the budget allows you to. Our incentive to go above and beyond is not there because we are not recognized as an important part of this organization for example during the holidays the DSA staff got nothing, not even a simple holiday greeting with our pay stub.
    P

Listen to your employees and work a little harder in finding a solution to getting more money in our checks. All upper level management need to spend at least one day a month in the group homes or vocational centers working with us to remember what one on one contact with our clients is really about. Really look into boosting the moral of this organization because it is at an all time low.

Asheville Office is rockin!

Current Employee - Qualified Professional in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Qualified Professional in Asheville, NC

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time

Pros

People are great, supervisors are great. Money is decent. Opportunity for advancement is sky high. They invest in employees. Jason, the regional guy, is great. SO glad this is where I landed. People told me aweful things about Behavioral health but I LOVE it.

Cons

With all of the changes coming from the MCO things are chaotic, but RHA is trying to keep up.

RHA Health Services Photos