RIESTER Reviews

Boundless opportunities

Former Employee - PR Director  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - PR Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at RIESTER full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

RIESTER offers the experience of a lifetime for those who are willing to work hard and remain flexible and open to opportunities. The CEO is committed and respectful, and his values permeate the agency. You'll have the chance to create work with real meaning and will feel a part of something larger when you do. Colleagues and clients will become friends. Salary and benefits were comparable or slightly greater to other firms and in line with the market. But the overall satisfaction was multiplied exponentially. Quite simply, it's the best working environment I've ever experienced.

Cons

Like any organization with smart, creative people, disagreements and clashes sometimes arise--but it's part of the process. The pace of work sometimes exceeded the ability to maintain the level of organization you might desire.

Find more opportunities to slow down and connect, tough as it may seem. Little acknowledgements go a long way.

Aug 27, 2014HR Manager

It means a lot to us that you consider RIESTER to be the ‘best work environment’ you’ve ever experienced. Thank you for taking time to tell us! You’ve described Tim Riester to a T: his ... More

Talented team with great capabilities.

I have been working at RIESTER full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the largest in Arizona. 25 year history with strong growth and award winning work. Strong leadership, passionate people who enjoy delivering value to clients. Great office location with access to restaurants and coffee shops. Pet friendly.

Cons

Summer heat in the desert.

Aug 27, 2014HR Manager

Too often these reviews come from former employees, so we appreciate that you were inspired to write one as a current employee --thank you!

If the three-digit Phoenix temperatures are the only
    ... More

The owner, Tim, is an outstanding marketer and great leader. Middle management lacks vision. Lack of upward mobility.

I worked at RIESTER full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leader. Nice clients. Fair compensation - not awesome though.

Cons

Mediocre middle management. Lack of company culture. Poor raises/promotions, so the good people leave for better opportunities.

Foster the people that work hard and are passionate about doing innovative work. Actually pay people enough to keep them there.

Aug 27, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with RIESTER – we appreciate all feedback. Please know that we strive to be competitive with compensation and benefits in the markets where we ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor

I worked at RIESTER full-time for more than a year

Pros

bring your dog to work, the employees, the location

Cons

upper management, parking, benefits, no employee appreciation, management promises things to clients without actually telling employees what they need to do, making the employee look bad. They fire people for the dumbest reasons, you never feel like your job is safe. Dont be surprised to hear your supervisor speaking about you to your co-workers behind your back.

start caring about your employees in order to improve your turnover ratio.

So far so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at RIESTER full-time

Pros

Nice people. Work-life balance. Good salary and benefits. There are opportunities here for good work and taking on greater responsibility. You can see your work making a positive difference. Solid core of talent in all departments.

Cons

Envelope needs to be pushed more on creative. Disorganized workflow and tight timelines. Understaffed, which negatively affects the quality of the work. If every project is "hot" than no project is hot.

We have the talent, but something seems to be holding us back. Talent may be willing to put their nose to the grindstone more if they knew their co-workers were going to do the same.

worst experience ever

I worked at RIESTER

Pros

No one pays attention unless account profitability is affected, so you are largely self-directed

Cons

Poor communication, poor leadership, management pays no attention to effective client service, only billable hours and profitability

If you are a friend of managements family you will advance within the company

I worked at RIESTER

Pros

Daycare for children offered at the office location, but only after the owner had children. Prior to opening a daycare center, if you had children it was seen as a negative and a handicap. Children and putting them first would hinder your growth opportunities with the company. Single people advanced much faster, because they were available 24/7.

Cons

Nice office in downtown Phoenix, with gated parking. This is a positive feature, if you need to work late. Owner, wife and father in-law run the company.

Be open to ideas from all people at your agency. If you only listen to a few, you will never get to the truth of matters or fully understand the day to day obsticals other employees face.

6 month temporary position. Basic minimum wage salary

Former Employee - Public Relations Intern  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Public Relations Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at RIESTER

Pros

Flexibility, networking, great experience for a college student

Cons

Supervisor did not understand what an intern was, confused the position with a personal assistant who fulfills activities that that she forgot to do.

Interns are vital assets, it's important to treat them with respect and give them opportunities to grow and move forward.

Good place to be.

I have been working at RIESTER

Pros

Good opportunities and great people. This isn't an agency where everyone is working until 10 pm mon-sat. Good for family life.

Cons

Not very progressive. Traditional somewhat conservative agency. The work is good but never very interesting. Client portfolio is solid but not very interesting.

Push the envelope and be more aggressive in pursuing clients that will attract talent to the agency.

Worked for RIESTER? Contribute to the Community!