RISI

RISI Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Coffey Mike Coffey

Awesome!!! I loved working at RISI and I miss everyone there!!

Senior Production Specialist (Former Employee) Charlottesville, VA

ProsGreat people, great benefits, great job. I would go back right away if they called me.

ConsNone.........I loved working at RISI!! RISI is a great place to be employed and I was there over 17 years, the only bad experience was my lay off, a manager called me on my cell phone on my day off to tell me I was being laid off. That is an experience I don't want to go through again.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore notice when a lay off is about to happen. Don't treat employees (after 17 years there) as if they weren't important to the company.

Many cracks behind the facade

Economist (Former Employee)

Proscasual work environment, travel to major international cities, opportunity for exposure to forest products industry

ConsWhile some economists praise the work life balance at RISI this is just a reflection of the overall lack of drive the company and employees have. In general this is an ok place to gain experience but not the right choice for any truly ambitious economists.

Advice to Senior ManagementA complete restructuring of upper management is needed to achieve any future business success

Thought the grass was greener elsewhere, so I looked, but it's not.

A Content Producer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsGoal oriented group, work habits are about delivering things, not about 9-5. Good flexibility. I learn a lot, which are all reasons I am still here. Can be a global perspective depending on what you do.

ConsSome hard personalities to deal with. Everyone is nice and very respectful, but some older employees are inflexible and because it's a mid sized business it is hard to deal with.`

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust employees more. Something feels slow right now -- what aren't you telling us???

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place for starting out. Would not recommend it for the long-term.

Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe benefits are pretty good- full medical, dental, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. Most of the employees are pleasant and really want to do a good job.

ConsSevere lack of communication that includes reporting to two bosses. Office morale was rather low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have to keep hiring for the same position every two years and the employees have the same issues, then something needs to change. At that point, it's a management issue.

Great Environment

Marketing Research Intern (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsWorked in Brussels, was a great environment where I was given a lot of leeway and learned a lot about international business

ConsUnpaid internships are always a pain, especially when working through lunch, but a worthwhile experience anyway

Okay, not the best, not the worst.

(Current Employee)

ProsGood Work-Life Balance
    Good Vacation and Time Off Benefits
    Decent Health and Dental Plans
    Business Casual Dress Code

ConsSalaries aren't competitive.
    Need to focus on technology infrastructure. Willing to invest more in this arena could help on multiple fronts.
    Need more company wide team-building opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency and open communication throughout the company at all levels. Foster a team dynamic mentality among departments and colleagues. Engaging employees more and celebrating the wins.

company first

Proswork / life balance, collegues

Conssalary, opportunities for growth, old technology

A UBM company in Shanghai

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJust merged and acquired by UBM

ConsStill a new company in Shanghai.

Frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, relaxed atmosphere, no dress code

ConsManagement is clueless; tries to cover up problems instead of fixing, those who work hard are not promoted, true lack of understanding company wide on what strengths of company really are, has become a stepping stone bc doesn't appreciate good/young talent

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the areas with high negatives on company survey, do exit interviews to find why so many leave after couple years, actually give people opportunities to grow instead of just empty promises

Worked for RISI? Contribute to the Community!