RL Canning

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great experience and opportunity

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsI Had a 6 week contract that got extended another 6 weeks. It was good pay and a great group of people to work with.

ConsAfter the contract was up, I never heard back on any other possible work. I'm not sure if they never had any more in the area or not.

Company does not appreciate hard working employees

ProsGreat goals. Fair benefits. Positive outlook.

ConsHorrible execution of goals by management. The only way to be successful is to be fake? I disagree with this attitude and refuse to act this way. Almost all management have little to no IT experience and yet they are selling IT professionals to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Learn to see through the smoke screens that your chosen management put up. Hire some intelligent people to lead your teams. And pay your employees what they should be paid in this field. Only then will you be successful. Otherwise, the turnover rate will continue to increase and you will lose all of the honest hard working people.

These 5 star reviews are a JOKE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone, Plus the 5 star reviews are obviously planted.

ConsOK so if you look at the other reviews, they are all very bad reviews. Obviously RL Canning noticed this website and the bad reviews. So over a 5-6 week time frame (notice all the others are very spread out) suddenly they get a spat of 5 star reviews. Obviously these are planted by RL Canning management. They are very general about how "wonderful" this company is. This company is one of the worst I have every worked for. This company really doesn't want any professionals who really know their stuff, because then you have a brain. They just want young people, with minimal experience and no certifications, who will do want exactly what they say with no questions. Even if what they say isn't best practice and they end up being trained incorrectly. Or worse they just let them out on their own to try and do their best. They love firing people and turn over is horrendous.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing because they don't care about their employees as people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great owners but poor management at Springfield, IL location

Entry Level (Former Employee) Springfield, IL

ProsOwners know everyone's name and are very friendly. Good benefits. Great co-workers. Recruiters did a good job of staying in touch after being hired on.

ConsI was there 5 months. In this timeframe, 4 people quit and an additional 4 were let go, with a staff of under 50 employees. This shows poor management at a local level. The manager is a micro-manager but very hands off. She spends very little time with managers under her as well. There is no way to know the expectations because she never takes the time to explain it to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of allowing management in Springfield, IL location to let people go so quickly and quit so frequently, look at having a talk with the manager. One person cannot solely run an organization. It requires a good manager and teamwork.

Excellent employer - cares about their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Supports professional development goals
    - Listens to employee concerns and takes action where necessary
    - Offers competitive salary and benefits
    - Supports work / family balance
    - Encourages idea sharing; each employee can make a difference
    - Genuine attempts to ensure employees were connected to one another

Cons- Employees are distributed; less of a connection to company colleagues
    - Key individuals hired into mgmt positions did not possess the skills to execute the role successfully (can attribute to employee attrition)
    - Career path opportunities are minimal (depends upon role)

Advice to Senior Management- Continue on the path of excellence; your organization is world-class
    - Never lose focus of the most important aspect of the business: the people (employees)

So Far So Good....

Engineer (Current Employee) Des Plaines, IL

ProsAnytime i need anything - my team mates are there to help - only a phone call away. I think I'll be able to stick around a while (feels good) - have not had any issues.

ConsSo far so good - hoping it stays this way. I've worked for a couple of consulting companys in my past and things appear to be better here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't try and grow too fast - been there done that - it does not always turn out like planned (getting bigger as a company too fast).

A great, family oriented employer to work for and with.

Site Support (Current Employee)

ProsI have been with RL Canning for over three years and can say that they are a great family oriented employer. You feel like part of a team and not just a number. Your input and opinions are valued and I have always felt as though I can speak my mind. There are many opportunities to grow.

ConsI would like more interaction with leadership. However, I understand that we are all busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the family oriented environment.

Very opportunistic and supportive company

ProsLots of opportunity for growth. Ideas are validated with opportunity to put into action. Leadership is supportive, but honest helping in quicker learning and personal growth.

ConsNo cons in my experience working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You are making a difference in providing service to your customers.

Great Company

ProsSolid company which is growing fast, family environment, everyone treats each other with respect regardless of their title.
    Career growth opportunities, as long as, you are motivated and willing to earn it.
    Management always seems to do what is in the best interest of their employees, and the appreciation shown to employees is amazing.

I have been with this company for 4 year and couldn't be happier, it's nice to be able to wake up and look forward to going to work in the morning. We work hard, no doubt, but it is worth it and very rewarding.

ConsI really don't have any "Cons" in regards to this company, I have seen them grow my last 4 years of employment and it is extremely impressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what your doing, you are respected and appreciated.

I could not have asked for a better company to work for!

Site IT Support (Former Employee) Geismar, LA

ProsAny time I needed help with anything, I always had some there to help and I love working the Oil refineries and Chemical Plants.

ConsThere was not one thing I did not like about this company!

Worked for RL Canning? Contribute to the Community!