RMD Group Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

Ralph Holguin

RMD Group has significantly improved as the company has grown in productivity/innovation and continues to show growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at RMD Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Encouragement from the management team to maintain good work-life balance habits

Cons

No cons at this time

Continue to implement employee recognition and incentives for a job well done

its a party company and they are good at partying

Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I have been working at RMD Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

get hooked up at other RMD venues

Cons

money hungry which leads to employees feeling under valued

shoe employees your care about them

Good Job with downfalls

I worked at RMD Group full-time

Pros

Good job to have for a short time if you are looking to learn more about the business.
    The space is interesting and there is a lot you can learn if you have the initiative to teach yourself and ask questions.

Cons

Employees overall seem unhappy and uncommunicative. The agency seems to be heading in more of a production direction as I noticed that the majority of employees are on the fabrication and print side of the business. Lack of accountability exists with so many departments. Employees seem to keep to themselves and do not interact with each other very much. HR department seems to lack structure and understanding of HR laws as I asked several questions when asked to complete a mountain of paperwork which I felt were not really addressed. I wish i could have interacted with other departments however employees seem to have been there for a long time and seem to engage with each other very little or in spanish so I didn't feel very welcomed.
    The building is beautiful however could use some windows. The building is located in an area that concerned me as it is a known high crime area.

I think this place has so much potential. I think employees should be more welcoming to new employees and really try to engage with each other. HR and management should be on the same page as I felt that my manager really tried hard to make the experience better but didn't get much support from other employees.

Disorganized mess

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at RMD Group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was ok at the Product Specialist Level. Flat rate, although I understand they give everyone different contracts. Sometimes you would work 4 hours, sometimes you would work 10, the pay was always the same.

Cons

Inept management. Basic fundamental corporate communication was a mess. Not uncommon to receive job offer with 2-3 days notice. Glass ceiling was very visible. All top positions are filled by family. Unstable work moving forward, couple key accounts may not be renewed, which would all but spell doom to certain regions of the state.

Better organization is key. Do it once, and do it right.

A place to set roots

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

Staff is always encouraged to participate in the growth of the company. Company has really improved benefit package, as well as holiday pay. Has really made an effort in the work life balance of its employees.

Cons

Well if you call this a downside with this economic times its crazy, but work load is abundent.

Continue to encourage the work life balance and edcucational growth of the current staff continue to work on the benefit package.

Great start up story however completely out of touch

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

The people that work with me. Great people and good opportunity to learn the basics of experiential. If you work in accounts department you will have an opportunity to learn a great deal about production.

Cons

Compensation for most positions extremely low. Owner and CFO very much disconnected from employees. Employees are consistently overworked employees work extremely long hours on salary. Safety is often overlooked in order to find cost savings. Benefits package is very limited. Company needs to invest in its employees by providing fair compensation and improving work environment.
    Company was started as car detailing company and has come a long way unfortunately owners still runs it like a detail company.

Emphasize work/life balance. Be considerate of field employees who are at times working 60 hours a week on a low salary. Listen to your employees and institute changes to help improve work environment.

good

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

good food, transport and others

Cons

dress cade, hectic schedule, metc

FAMILY OWNED - FAMILY RUN - OUT OF TOUCH

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

The company is positioned for growth - great at what they do.

Cons

The company doesn't think it needs to work at keeping it's employees

Start showing your employees they are valued.

Not what I expected

I worked at RMD Group

Pros

Employs some the hardest working people I have ever met. Great opportunity to work with great client roster. If you are looking to learn logistical side of event marketing this is a great company. The COO is extremely knowledgeable and innovative and impressed me during interview. I looked forward to having the opportunity to work for her as staff seem to depend on her very much.

Cons

Unfortunately life/work balance is non existent. The CEO seems to have very little corporate management background and it shows as he lacks structure and the ability to provide his staff with clear direction. Based on my experience and history I found several positions are underpaid and account teams are expected to perform field staff duties. Vacation and sick days are lumped together I was not clear on this at hire and was extremely surprised as I had never encountered this before.

Provide proper compensation and adequate vacation accrual rate as it is half the national average. I think this company has amazing potential however much more employee development must be provided and encouraged. People seem overworked and demoralized. I think CEO should allow middle management and COO to take more of a leadership role as they seem undermined.

RMD Group Inc. - A place to set down roots

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth, Respect, Creativity to encouraged, Commitment to excellence, Great Reputation in the Marketing Business

Cons

Benefit package could be better, PTO package could be better, Company Holidays are sparse, lack of structure in regards to compensation ladder

Encourage more work life balance. Create a system of growth opportunities for both full and part time staff.