RMD Group Reviews

1. Fun!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

What I loved about the job is that is was outdoors, the management on & off site was great and we were always in a fun, new location.

Cons

Sometimes co-workers slack, but I think that's going to happen anywhere.

2. run away...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at RMD Group (Less than a year)

Pros

nice office,a few good people to work with at the company

Cons

coo sucks at its job, pressure on EE and low pay rates way off from market value. If the clients want good quality of Event specialist this is not the place since they dont want to pay EE what other company's pay. RMD pay rates 11-15hr other company's in the same market 15-20hr . FORD what are you thinking !!!

Advice to Management

review current employees two or three bad seeds will make you loose great employees and clients !!

3. Extremely deceiving company and position

I worked at RMD Group

Pros

If you like a heavy work load, extremely fast-paced environment and events, this is a good position for you. It can be a good place so long as you intend for it to be a short-term position.

Cons

One of the biggest setbacks I had with this company was that they conduct themselves very unprofessionally. There is a lack of respect for employees from upper management. Additionally, the company is quick and beyond willing to take advantage of their employees, even threatening to take your job and position if you don’t comply or make a mistake.

There is a lack of communication between departments and between employees and upper management. There is also a lack of accountability within many departments, which creates much discord and fosters a negative work environment.

The work load was extremely overbearing and intense. The agency is not properly staffed to accommodate the massive amounts of work and projects they take on by their clients. Additionally, they do not compensate their employees well enough for the heavy work load and extensive overtime the job requires, which leads to a very high employee turn-over rate for both full-time and part-time employees.

Advice to Management

Business ethics and mutual respect will take your company a far way. It is difficult for employees to respect upper management when upper management does not abide by the rules and guidelines they put in place. Some of your employees are very bright and intelligent people and you should try to hear their requests and work on building a more united team. Bribery should not be a fall back tactic to entice employees to act how you want them to.

5. its a party company and they are good at partying

Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I have been working at RMD Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get hooked up at other RMD venues

Cons

money hungry which leads to employees feeling under valued

Advice to Management

shoe employees your care about them

6. Good Job with downfalls

I worked at RMD Group full-time

Pros

Good job to have for a short time if you are looking to learn more about the business.
    The space is interesting and there is a lot you can learn if you have the initiative to teach yourself and ask questions.

Cons

Employees overall seem unhappy and uncommunicative. The agency seems to be heading in more of a production direction as I noticed that the majority of employees are on the fabrication and print side of the business. Lack of accountability exists with so many departments. Employees seem to keep to themselves and do not interact with each other very much. HR department seems to lack structure and understanding of HR laws as I asked several questions when asked to complete a mountain of paperwork which I felt were not really addressed. I wish i could have interacted with other departments however employees seem to have been there for a long time and seem to engage with each other very little or in spanish so I didn't feel very welcomed.
    The building is beautiful however could use some windows. The building is located in an area that concerned me as it is a known high crime area.

Advice to Management

I think this place has so much potential. I think employees should be more welcoming to new employees and really try to engage with each other. HR and management should be on the same page as I felt that my manager really tried hard to make the experience better but didn't get much support from other employees.

7. RMD Group has significantly improved as the company has grown in productivity/innovation and continues to show growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at RMD Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encouragement from the management team to maintain good work-life balance habits

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to implement employee recognition and incentives for a job well done

8. Disorganized mess

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at RMD Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok at the Product Specialist Level. Flat rate, although I understand they give everyone different contracts. Sometimes you would work 4 hours, sometimes you would work 10, the pay was always the same.

Cons

Inept management. Basic fundamental corporate communication was a mess. Not uncommon to receive job offer with 2-3 days notice. Glass ceiling was very visible. All top positions are filled by family. Unstable work moving forward, couple key accounts may not be renewed, which would all but spell doom to certain regions of the state.

Advice to Management

Better organization is key. Do it once, and do it right.

9. A place to set roots

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

Staff is always encouraged to participate in the growth of the company. Company has really improved benefit package, as well as holiday pay. Has really made an effort in the work life balance of its employees.

Cons

Well if you call this a downside with this economic times its crazy, but work load is abundent.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the work life balance and edcucational growth of the current staff continue to work on the benefit package.

10. Great start up story however completely out of touch

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

The people that work with me. Great people and good opportunity to learn the basics of experiential. If you work in accounts department you will have an opportunity to learn a great deal about production.

Cons

Compensation for most positions extremely low. Owner and CFO very much disconnected from employees. Employees are consistently overworked employees work extremely long hours on salary. Safety is often overlooked in order to find cost savings. Benefits package is very limited. Company needs to invest in its employees by providing fair compensation and improving work environment.
    Company was started as car detailing company and has come a long way unfortunately owners still runs it like a detail company.

Advice to Management

Emphasize work/life balance. Be considerate of field employees who are at times working 60 hours a week on a low salary. Listen to your employees and institute changes to help improve work environment.

11. good

I have been working at RMD Group

Pros

good food, transport and others

Cons

dress cade, hectic schedule, metc

RSS Feed </> Embed