RMS Computer Reviews

Carole Klang

1. Desktop Support Technician

Current Contractor - Desktop Support Technician in Richmond, VA
    Current Contractor - Desktop Support Technician in Richmond, VA

I have been working at RMS Computer as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a small company, numbering about 200. Subsequently, I never felt like they wanted to micro manage my employment.

Cons

Due to the fact that this is a small company, numbering about 200, they were unable to offer Health Care benefits that are affordable.

2. Not Employee Friendly

Former Employee - Computer Technician
    Former Employee - Computer Technician

I worked at RMS Computer

Pros

I did not experience any pros while working for this agency

Cons

Contract agency, low pay, no PTO or paid holidays, unfriendly to those needing work-life balance, unaffordable health coverage.

Advice to Management

Grow a backbone and know when to back up your employees. Make an effort to meet face to face with your employees within a month of hire date; even if they are regionally distant. Pay a wage to employees that allows them to live and afford healthcare coverage.

3. Could be worse

Former Employee - Imacd/Refresh in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Imacd/Refresh in Everett, WA

I worked at RMS Computer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stress free
    Good environment
    Flexible hours
    Work with good companies, good chances to move over to larger companies if you are good at your job
    Good pay for what you do

Cons

Benefits cost half your paycheck, not realistic
    No raises
    No room for growth
    No training
    Incentivized to do your job slowly and poorly(work fast you get less hours, go slow and mess it up theres rework and more hours)
    No Direct Deposit
    A Lot of hiring and firing

Advice to Management

Pinching pennies at every turn costs you the good employees.
    Kind of embarrassing that a tech company doesn't have direct deposit
    I feel like you guys are still in a new company that isn't sure if they will make it mentality. But now that you have contracts it might be worth spending a few cents to improve the morale of your workforce. This would result in a much better product for the customer. The amount of unhappy customers I saw was jaw dropping and I'm honestly shocked you arn't worried about losing contracts.
    Train your employees.

5. Not The Most Pleasant Experience

Former Contractor - CSOS Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - CSOS Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at RMS Computer as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There isn't that many pro's to my experience at RMS Computer Corporation. The initial employment period was great. They were very friendly once I got in the door. They offered a two week training program and continuous training. Higher management offered me a bonus because they miscalculated my intial start date, because I accepted the position and was unemployed until I started the position. They did not have to do this, but they did.

Cons

After I got hired, things started to go downhill. The manager of the project treated the staff like it was survivor island. Every week we would get a notice of who "got kicked off the Island". AKA, who got terminated. At least two people got fired every week. One person got canned during training. RMS did not offer a whole lot of benefits either. No health insurance, no vacation, no 401K benefits and no direct deposit either. We got our checks mailed on Friday and they were delivered to us on Monday. (What kind of job compensates on a Monday?) Check their website. Its poorly coded and written. Its a huge flag that its a not well established contractor.

Advice to Management

This whole entire field is a waste of space on this form. It was clear that management did not care about advice when I delivered it and they won't dare to read this space now. Any contractors who are there now need to flee this company. Any company that employs RMS should be absolutely ashamed.

6. Just another company to suffer to the pitfalls of the I.T. department cycle "contracting" for Boeing

Former Contractor - IMACD Tech in Everett, WA
    Former Contractor - IMACD Tech in Everett, WA

I worked at RMS Computer as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well, for starters, they did have a quick turnaround for both projects and day-to day I.T. tasks. Never once do I recall an overflowing "queue" that we had to worry about month to month, nor did we ever have to worry about user feedback to terribly often. It seems the local management was very competant and does quite well.

Local management was pretty good at keeping morale high for quite some time despite setbacks created by corporate.

There are some cushy positions to be had as a part of the IMACD team such as CATIA Warehouse management and handling escalations. Working in the field keeps you fit and happy, and you do get the perks of obtaining Tulley's cards as a bonus if your user's really like you.

Cons

The proprietary information needed to do one's job should not be just some form of vaporware mentioned by veteran technicians. When asking colleagues about the "share" they said it was on, nobody knew.

The benefits from RMS are practically useless. It costs about as much for healthcare when I was there as you made a week.

There is no room to move up in the company, no room for raises, no room for compensation. Basically, no incentive to work hard, or put fourth effort. I worked there 4 years, worked very hard, and never once got a raise, nor found any opportunities into the company doing something related to my chosen field.

It also seemed a few people in management, and a few people trusted with "sensitive information" - ie. a good list/bad list of techs or people they want to get rid of, should NOT have been trusted. Seems people judgement skills from this company are very poor. I've seen all types go through there.

Advice to Management

Strengthen your work strategies, "scripts", and give access to the information required by your technicians to perform tasks on the site they are given. Also, you should comb your candidates more carefully, and value the ones that have been with you for a very long time. Training should be initially given to someone with a low workload, and not someone who has to stress and strain about training the new guy AND handle a high stress situation at the same time. Also, benefits are totally useless and nobody will take advantage of them if they cost as much as half of your paycheck.

7. Average employer

Former Employee - Account Security Administrative in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Account Security Administrative in Round Rock, TX

I worked at RMS Computer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick hiring process. I knew less than one hour after the interview that I got the job.

Cons

Recruiter's original job description was different than what I was offered at the interview. Employees and supervisors were too nervous about processes.

Advice to Management

Better communication and one on one meeting with employees to find out about their difficulties at the job and possible mitigation of issues.

8. If you really need the money you could work here

Former Employee - IMACD Tech in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - IMACD Tech in Everett, WA

I worked at RMS Computer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slow days could mean lots of time doing nothing or just going home early. That's probably it.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement, no benefits, work late on Fridays, you mostly just move laptops and printers around. A trained monkey could do this job.

Advice to Management

Stop being such penny-pinching cheapskates.

9. Meh...

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at RMS Computer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay. Thats really it.

Cons

No raises. They hire and layoff so often like employees dont matter. Rude and verbally abusive leads. No benefits. Wouldnt force my worst enemy too work here

Advice to Management

Treat your team like they matter.

10. Great stable employer, very flexiable

Current Employee - Tech in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Tech in Everett, WA

I have been working at RMS Computer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long open ended contracts, great pay for the type of work

Cons

benefits are not affordable, no sick/vacation pay

Advice to Management

offer sick and vacation pay, we can live with buying our own medical and dental

Horrific Experience

Former Employee - Transition Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Transition Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at RMS Computer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RMS maintains working relationships with large IT companies so you get a chance to work with those companies.

Cons

- Below average pay
    - Unrealistic Deadlines
    - Lack of company support when requested
    - Expense reimbursement is extremely slow to be reimbursed for travel expenses you have to pay on your own credit cards
    - No overtime for hourly employees for work preformed over 40 hours a week even in states where it is mandatory for them to pay it.
    - You end up working for free for hours worked over 40 hours a week. "If you can't get the job done within a 40 hour work week you are not doing your job" Actual line used by senior management
    - Culture and values are unidentifiable
    - Management is condescending to work force

Advice to Management

Your employees wouldn't leave if you treated them fairly, with dignity, respect and paid them their true worth.