RS Medical

Add Photos

John Konsin

Downward Trend

Account Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgood job in the right market

Consno/limited training on the capital equipment you're expected to sell

Advice to Senior Managementif you're going to sell products, you'd best know something about them

Be careful

IT Professional (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, WA

ProsThere isn't much I can say about pros. Some people there are nice to work with. They use to have a descent benefits package, that they've removed many of the benefits as time goes on.

ConsVery unstable and unprofessional company. While I believe the company is professional with their customers, internally this is a very unstable company that crosses the border in terms of discrimination, work place harassment, and a host of other issues. Company is one of the most mismanaged companies I've ever worked in during my 25 years in the workforce.

Skip this place. No chance of survival

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, what's left of them. Nice campus.

ConsBad business. The DME business overall as an industry is NOT doing well. With that said, there are targets that need to be met and that's just not happening. Too much political maneuvering for a company of what 250. It's not a global company, so the maneuvering does not make sense. Robust dialogue? How about doing your job. Work/Life balance is not there. I don't recommend this place. It's sad, really. What could be a good to great. is going from fair to worse. The looks on everyones face says it all. Not a place to start your career. But a great place to end it…because they'll end it for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Stop the political maneuverings. There's not much left for you to maneuver. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Run Company That I Have Personally Experienced

(Former Employee)

Pros-- Provided me with a lifetime's worth of anecotes about bad management.
    -- Salary was strong. (Only reason I joined)
    -- Apparently was a great place to work ca. 2000.

Cons-- Outdated business model that simple fails in the modern regulatory and reimbursement environment.
    -- Frankly shocking lack of ethical standards, resulting in DOJ investigation and settlement.
    -- Core TENS product losing medicare reimbursements.
    -- Family owned and operated for most of its existence, nepotism and cronyism saturates every nook and cranny of its campus.
    -- Nastier and nonstop politics in a company of ~200 than in a Global Company of 60,000.
    -- Total lack of IT expertise or execution. Approximately 100 % turnover in the IT department.
    -- Hopelessly outdated processes and billing procedures.
    -- A HIPAA audit waiting to happen.
    -- Crippled and demoralized salesforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementJon K. was a terrible move. Frankly, Meagan Medical and its patent portfolio may be a viable business entity. Put resources there. Abandon the core.

The Current President has no idea what he is doing. He is quickly running the company into the ground.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company. They are reaching for a life vest.

ConsOld products and higher management is clueless. They truly are

Advice to Senior ManagementFire John

Dont Do It

Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThere no pros to speak of.

Cons-Horrible company to work for.
    Horrible Health Ins. with high deductibles
    -Barely any product training if any
    -No mentoring by account managers
    -All the work and no recognition while the account managers does nothing to grow business
    -No internal room for growth, 90% of time hiring done from outside.
    -Poor decision making from the CEO to the janitor

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Or buy a vowel. Just do something that makes sense.

my experience was challanging and i feel proud of it

Nursing (Current Employee)
    Bronx, NY

Proscoworkers are friendly
    i could learn more about nursing
    i have more respect
    i want to go in higher position

Conssometimes patients come and they get mad because they wait for the doctor.but i think it is the same situation as like other places.we take care of it.but i think we all should help each other .so we could make a nice situation.

Advice to Senior Managementfirst of all we should work as a team.respect every coworkers.trust each other.take care of bad situation together.

RS Medical used to be a nice place to work...not so much anymore

Indianapolis, IN

ProsWorking with the people that I was able to

ConsManagement, the way that they handle certain situations

Advice to Senior ManagementPut Rick back in charge

What effort in, is what you get back.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIf you have the relationships and desire, you can make good money with RS. The new direction of capital equipment and DME, is interesting and challenging. This job is about relationships. It does require setting up protocols and taking care of patients.

ConsBad customer service. Recently the company switched to an outside vendor and the results are poor. Also, the DME options are usually the most expensive per code and ICD9. Maximizing reimbursement. Not always the best for insurance and patients out of pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove customer service and widen the DME offerings to compete and offer alternatives at different prices.

Okay job if you're not an assistant

Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility and a lot of activity.

ConsHigh pressure, and especially when you work under someone else, they tend to take the blame out of you. Also, the corporate bigwigs change things all the time without giving any advance notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Worked for RS Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RS Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RS Medical CEO John Konsin . All 11 reviews posted anonymously by RS Medical employees.