RS Medical Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
2.2

John Konsin

Changing Business

I have been working at RS Medical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

company focused on helping people with chronic pain. Emphasis on helping Veterans.

Cons

As with a lot of companies...more work for less. Having to put more in to get less out.

So sad ! I liked my job!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at RS Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with some great people and loved my job! Some of the other departments were not as nice, but my co-workers and supervisor were kind and encouraging and helpful.

Cons

I knew the company had a history of mass lay-offs, but as they just hired a bunch of new people in January, I didn't think they would give up so quickly. They said that even with the changes that they made they were not making enough money on certain products, but in probably 9 out of 10 accounts that I looked at, they were giving product away! Free.No wonder they weren't making money!

Talk to people actually doing the work. They can tell you how to cut costs. The big-wigs that they brought in don't know anything about the day-to-day.

Started Great and Fell from there

Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at RS Medical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked there over ten years and years ago it was a great roller coaster ride that was going up and up. Back in 208 it fell and it has continued to fall. There was great people to work with and management use to listen but now it will only do VA and Tricare.

Cons

Top heavy company that has to many chiefs and after trying downsizing, outsourcing and rebuilding to little to late. First medical place that will write off any patient balance if you scream loud enough. Lots of people's lives shattered and still to be with pending lay offs..Do yourself a favor and find something new and don't look back they don't care about you only Rick's pocketbook.

Listen to your employee's ideas, don't have every company event to include booze. ONly way to get a good raise is with a big pair of breasts and look good in a skirt. or be part of the boys club.

Good company once.

I worked at RS Medical full-time

Pros

Products are solid, training was good.

Cons

Upper management started going new direction and it failed.

Not a surprise....

Former Employee - Supervisor in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Vancouver, WA

I worked at RS Medical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Rick is back but it is too late. He should have been happy with the speed the company was growing at and kept the team that brought RS Medical to the level it was - Jim Chamberlain, Tom Pierce, and Bruce Hatch.....

Cons

Putting too much stock into the arrogance and over inflated ego of John Konsin. The company was turning a profit when John came to be....within a year of him arriving long tenured employees were laid off and the company struggled to regain the losses. Good job John.....ran a company into the ground, laid off masses of employees, and ended an era in less than 4 years...

Keeping John on as a consultant is like hiring dumb and dumber to build the space shuttle. Sorry for the loss of a once great company. I stood by and stayed optimistic for 13 years. But the moment I said anything about how the company was being ran my name came up on the lay off list really quick. In retrospect I am glad I was, I now have a position with a well established health care system and the security of knowing it will be there tomorrow. If your still there - keep you mouth shut and you head down,,,,,RS Medical is an unstable paycheck dont do anything to rock the boat until you find another job.

Going down hill fast, probably won't exist this time next year!

I worked at RS Medical full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Great location on the East side of Vancouver. Time off policies was okay. Benefits were okay but over priced.

Cons

Company has been in survival mode for so long that it has RIF'd the workforce down to nothing. After today's mass layoff the company is under 80 employees with plans to continue the cuts over the next 9 months.

If the only business that is left is the VA sector I would recommend selling the unit to a competitor and closing shop. At this point

Be careful

Former Employee - IT Professional in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Vancouver, WA

I worked at RS Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There isn't much I can say about pros. Some people there are nice to work with. They use to have a descent benefits package, that they've removed many of the benefits as time goes on.

Cons

Very unstable and unprofessional company. While I believe the company is professional with their customers, internally this is a very unstable company that crosses the border in terms of discrimination, work place harassment, and a host of other issues. Company is one of the most mismanaged companies I've ever worked in during my 25 years in the workforce.

Worst Run Company That I Have Personally Experienced

I worked at RS Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-- Provided me with a lifetime's worth of anecotes about bad management.
    -- Salary was strong. (Only reason I joined)
    -- Apparently was a great place to work ca. 2000.

Cons

-- Outdated business model that simple fails in the modern regulatory and reimbursement environment.
    -- Frankly shocking lack of ethical standards, resulting in DOJ investigation and settlement.
    -- Core TENS product losing medicare reimbursements.
    -- Family owned and operated for most of its existence, nepotism and cronyism saturates every nook and cranny of its campus.
    -- Nastier and nonstop politics in a company of ~200 than in a Global Company of 60,000.
    -- Total lack of IT expertise or execution. Approximately 100 % turnover in the IT department.
    -- Hopelessly outdated processes and billing procedures.
    -- A HIPAA audit waiting to happen.
    -- Crippled and demoralized salesforce.

Jon K. was a terrible move. Frankly, Meagan Medical and its patent portfolio may be a viable business entity. Put resources there. Abandon the core.

Skip this place. No chance of survival

I worked at RS Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, what's left of them. Nice campus.

Cons

Bad business. The DME business overall as an industry is NOT doing well. With that said, there are targets that need to be met and that's just not happening. Too much political maneuvering for a company of what 250. It's not a global company, so the maneuvering does not make sense. Robust dialogue? How about doing your job. Work/Life balance is not there. I don't recommend this place. It's sad, really. What could be a good to great. is going from fair to worse. The looks on everyones face says it all. Not a place to start your career. But a great place to end it…because they'll end it for you.

Get a clue. Stop the political maneuverings. There's not much left for you to maneuver. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

The Current President has no idea what he is doing. He is quickly running the company into the ground.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at RS Medical full-time

Pros

Small company. They are reaching for a life vest.

Cons

Old products and higher management is clueless. They truly are

Fire John