RS&H Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great Architectural, Engineering, and Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RS&H full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, interesting projects, exciting market sector, high ethical standards, well-run organization

Cons

Long hours necessary to serve client demands

RS&H Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President of Human Resources

We like it here too! And mostly because of coworkers like you!

2. Great company, if you let it be

I have been working at RS&H full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been in the workforce for almost 40 years and have seen a lot of companies. RS&H is one of the few that has few internal politics. There is great opportunity to be had if you have the goods between the ears and are willing to work diligently. Overall, people seem to stay here a while. Management is receptive to new ideas (by which I mean market segments). Overall, this is probably the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

The bureaucracy can be slow. Tormentingly slow. Especially when trying to hire or make other personnel changes.

3. Lots of opportunity, and growing pains

Current Employee - Architect/Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Architect/Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RS&H full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management responsive to employee concerns Smaller, nimble project teams in large organization Flexibility Benefits Willingness to allow individual managers to innovate and experiment

Cons

Sometimes upper management is too hands-off, resulting in inconsistent work product Bottom-up organizational changes are slow-moving and laborious Organization contains many non-hierarchical relationships, making people management more difficult

5. Couldn't ask for more from a company

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at RS&H (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work and learn. Open scheduling to allow for desired start/end daily times.

Cons

I can't think of any mentionable downsides. Maybe working on projects that are in other states/cities.

6. Good place to work if you can look past the favoritism

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at RS&H (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People to work with. Flex schedule works well with family/work life. Good benefits. Department groups are placed in same location, not spread out in office.

Cons

Some good-old boys mentality. Lots of preference to certain people but not others. There are some that are not capable of doing there work that seem to fall in between the cracks of the system and go un-noticed. Dental insurance is a joke!

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism. Treat all equally. Let your staff/teams know that they are doing a good job throughout the year, not at review time. Remember the staff see how you treat everybody, don't think you are under the radar.

7. Terrific atmosphere

I have been working at RS&H full-time

Pros

Very collegial work environment. Refreshing displays of openness and transparency when compared to corporate environments.

Cons

Highly methodical decision making which is understandable based on the industry.

Advice to Management

There are opportunities for change mgmt.in overall decision making. Creating an opportunity to move decisions into the organization can demonstrate confidence in the teams, a more nimble reaction/response time and an even greater opportunity to further develop leadership skills.

8. Recent Hire

Current Employee - Federal Market Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Federal Market Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I had a phenomenal experience interviewing with RS&H! What struck me most was how they organized the 2nd interview and provided me the opportunity to spend quality time with many of the senior leaders of the company from many different practices. This access provided me a much more rounded perspective of the company culture, work ethic, and strategic thinking in order to make a better decision about joining this team. I was extremely impressed with HR as they helped me navigate the interview and new hire process. First class...thank you RS&H!

Cons

I have only positive feedback...from my initial engagement with company leaders, to my actual onboard training...RS&H was and is committed to a very open and two-way dialogue when recruiting and retaining talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate support between the practices to make the company stronger as a whole.

9. Senior Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at RS&H full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great flexibility with week schedule

Cons

Top heavy company. 89 executives and less than 900 employees.

Advice to Management

See above.

10. Excellent Learning and Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RS&H (More than a year)

Pros

Working with RS&H you have the opportunity to learn from others who have over 10 years of experience. Everyday is a learning opportunity. The knowledge you will gain here will help beyond your career.

Cons

No cons as of yet. Keep up the great work!

11. Excellent Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RS&H full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many parts of the company have a very good work/life balance, managers work with employees to ensure that they are doing rewarding and important work. RS&H is known within the industry and has a good reputation.

Cons

Some practices are stuck in doing things the way they always have, adapting to change can be a challenge.

RSS Feed </> Embed