RSA Group

RSA Group Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

RSA Group Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hester

Stephen Hester

Pros
  • Great work life balance (flexible working, flexidays, no long hours/being seen culture) (in 8 reviews)

• Family friendly, team spirited, fun (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of red tape but with the new strategies coming in this is starting to change for the better and and new process updated everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Constant threat of redundancy and not enough staff to do the job we have to do in many departments (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Brilliant company!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsIts Like working with a family! Brilliant career opportunities, benefits package and social life.

ConsTakes a lot to battle through hierarchies

Great place to work

Insurance Claim Representative (Former Employee) Peterborough, England (UK)

ProsIts like being part of one big family, where everyone helps each other in order to achieve their goals.

ConsIn my time there I can honestly say none It was great that the management sat with us on the floor so there was no feeling of them and us !

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep three things in mind your customers your shareholders and your people, theses should be the focus of any business. Keep working on these areas to develop products and services and I am sure the buisness will continue to grow.

Fantastic environment, great training and excellent staff

Customer Manager (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsLaid back working environment, great training and development opportunities, easy to get your opinions heard regardless of your position.

ConsSometimes hard to know who's in charge, not the best pay. Also quite stringent targets if your telephony based.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore motivation for staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I can't imagine a better place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsIt's family friendly, and flexible. There are lots of opportunities for progression and to try new things. There's also chances to travel if it's what you want to do. Location wise it's ideal for anyone who lives in the Liverpool area and the social side is great too!

ConsThe building is a bit past it's use by date! There's quite a bit of office politics but where isn't there? Strategically things seem quite unclear and it feels like they're making it up as they go along!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee things through! And when you don't explain why! Sort out the infrastructure as there are too many systems!

Nice company but a bit sluggish

Business Partner (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsA friendly environment, with a great deal of potential - expecting Steven Hester to seriously shake this sleepy 300 company up

ConsComplicated, matrix management structure, means too many layers, and too much process.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking like a 300 year old company - the U.K market is seriously tough and RSA needs to be fighting fit.

Great Place to work

Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsVery supportive of their staff ,Good work balance when my partner became ill they were their with support and understanding
    alway eager to teach staff new skills and help progress up the promotion lader

ConsLots of red tape but with the new strategies coming in this is starting to change for the better and and new process updated everyday

Endless twists and turn! A real exiteing journey

Customer Manager (Current Employee) Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

ProsThe people!
    A company that truly cares

ConsYou want to work!!
    Weekends :(!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

Very nice place to work

Operational Risk Subdirector (Former Employee) Mexico City (Mexico)

ProsGood benefits, great people, a lot of trainings, excellent environment and work life balance

ConsThere are no cons, but the salary could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementChange people that is avoiding innovation

Great company to work for!

Key Account Manager (Former Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsThe Management is the best part of the company, they really try to make it the best company to work for!

ConsIt has good and bad things like all of the companies, but I can't think the only downside is that it is very centralised.

Fantastic culture within the company and I received top exposure

Summer Intern (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBrilliant work-life balance within the company. Well structured business that knows where they are going. Good idea of strengths of their business and keen to improve where they are perhaps not so strong

ConsNot the best paid job in the world but for the hours you work and what you get out of it, you can make decent money

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of the same

Worked for RSA Group? Contribute to the Community!