RSA Group

Updated December 11, 2014
3.4

RSA Group Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hester
Stephen Hester

Pros
  • Great work life balance (flexible working, flexidays, no long hours/being seen culture) (in 10 reviews)

• Great people, there is almost always someone there to help you when you have questions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of red tape but with the new strategies coming in this is starting to change for the better and and new process updated everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Constant threat of redundancy and not enough staff to do the job we have to do in many departments (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

8 years later.... Says it all :)

I have been working at RSA Group

Pros

Family friendly, team spirited, fun

Cons

Old departments annualized hours sucked

Work in a telephone role for a day!!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Insurance Claim Representative in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Claim Representative in Peterborough, England (UK)

I worked at RSA Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its like being part of one big family, where everyone helps each other in order to achieve their goals.

Cons

In my time there I can honestly say none It was great that the management sat with us on the floor so there was no feeling of them and us !

Keep three things in mind your customers your shareholders and your people, theses should be the focus of any business. Keep working on these areas to develop products and services and I am sure the buisness will continue to grow.

Fantastic environment, great training and excellent staff

Current Employee - Customer Manager in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Manager in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back working environment, great training and development opportunities, easy to get your opinions heard regardless of your position.

Cons

Sometimes hard to know who's in charge, not the best pay. Also quite stringent targets if your telephony based.

More motivation for staff.

Great people / atmosphere, not very agile business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I like the people, and they really do seem to value their employees - staff turnover is low, lots of inward recruiting. Good offices (although some better than others), nice location (near the train station). Total compensation is high (pay, bonus, benefits etc)

Cons

Constant threat of redundancies, little communication from upper management. Business appears to move slowly and extremely cautiously.

Speed up! For instance, this is 2014. There definitely shouldn't be modems in an office.
    Communicate more. An entire department just got outsourced? Not even a notice on the intranet....

More good times then bad!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great staff and a fantastic atmosphere!

Cons

Terrible systems and to much change ie, shifts, management etc

Continue doing the great stuff you're doing and stop trying to change the world overnight

On the decline

Former Employee - Customer Service Leader in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I worked at RSA Group part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some fantastic highly skilled staff who really want to do a great job.
    Successes are celebrated locally, good rates of pay. Always trying to move forward.

Cons

Front line staff are under appreciated. Budgets are embarrassing for the contact centre front line in comparison to all other areas of RSA.
    Systems unbelievable - they could be the nail in the coffin.

It's good to move forward and build on what you have but when the foundations are not stable that's dangerous! You have a lot of worried staff who don't feel valued and leaders don't feel like their being listened to. I had 16 wonderful years at RSA, More Than . I want to see the company do well but currently it feels like a sinking ship. It's good to get rid of the dead wood but when your loosing the good staff it's time to worry.

8 years and still enjoying

Current Employee - Customer Manager in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Manager in Peterborough, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, everydays a bit different, there is a constant push for improvements and ability to do your best .

Cons

High turn over of staff due to wages being low within the market at level 5/6

People count and def keep investing in them.

I can't imagine a better place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's family friendly, and flexible. There are lots of opportunities for progression and to try new things. There's also chances to travel if it's what you want to do. Location wise it's ideal for anyone who lives in the Liverpool area and the social side is great too!

Cons

The building is a bit past it's use by date! There's quite a bit of office politics but where isn't there? Strategically things seem quite unclear and it feels like they're making it up as they go along!

See things through! And when you don't explain why! Sort out the infrastructure as there are too many systems!

Nice company but a bit sluggish

Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A friendly environment, with a great deal of potential - expecting Steven Hester to seriously shake this sleepy 300 company up

Cons

Complicated, matrix management structure, means too many layers, and too much process.

Stop thinking like a 300 year old company - the U.K market is seriously tough and RSA needs to be fighting fit.

Been there 15 years and overall a very good, ethical employer

Current Employee - Commercial Underwriter
    Current Employee - Commercial Underwriter

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not the most generous payers but a good overall package including pension scheme and flexible benefits once you've been there over a year

Cons

Give staff more opportunity to have their say and increase holidays the longer you've been there - plus increase the 25 year service award and the travelling evening meal allowances- they've not increased for years!!!