RSA Medical Reviews

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
2.2

Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • Covered parking garage is about the only positive thing this company offers to any of the employees who have suffered the horror of working here (in 9 reviews)

• Very clean environment to work in (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management only care about numbers and treat people like a piece of a machine (in 6 reviews)

• No room for growing with company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Friendly place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at RSA Medical part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, intelligent management, tangible benefits (parking garage, gym, cafeteria, fast elevators, cleanliness)

Cons

The attitude amongst many of the MCMs is negative. They have issues with the upper management and disrespect their higher-ups. It gives RSA a bad and unfair reputation.

Not based off of personal experience, but off of the other reviews, it seems evident that something needs to be done to help mend the gap between the upper management and employees. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience here, and hope to continue to explore all that RSA has to offer me and the community.

Negative Atmosphere

Current Employee - Telephonic Interviewer  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Telephonic Interviewer in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Gym
    Indoor parking
    Local resturaunts
    Hotel
    Near 88

Cons

You really can't take this company serious with the management they put in place. Managers and leads should lead by example and have a positive energy. There is major favoritism and you have to be part of a clique who is related to executive management. For example, managers have there kids, siblings, cousins, neighbors, good friends all in one department or scattered in all units. Conflict of interest may I say. Family comes first here and no room for anyone else to try and succeed. I guess family are the only loyal people in this company. Constant office romances and dramas in which there is no punishment for those family members but others would be fired. And we're talking loud blowouts in the break rooms and on the floors. Sometimes your unsure who your manager is as they have other people watching you not to talk your coworkers on how there day is going, however those people will practically be having arguments at there desks or having extremely inappropriate conversations. People are treated unfair and don't get any chance, not everyone can make it here especially those who have opinions and are outspoken. God forbid your kid is sick cause you will get points for Attendence along with leaving for an emergency. At one point this company was taking personal files home of people who were applying for insurance just to meet production and people were working all day like slaves and it was never good enough. No professionalism at this company, business people should be presentable and respected not look miserable and pass it on. There are people here who the potential to succeed ad be respected, but everyone who becomes management can't be there own person without having to confirm everything with executives. Training is inconsistent and you can only ask one person who is assigned to answer questions and you can't ask your neighbors. No one would ask if they provided consistent answers depending on there mood. No room for growth, only certain positions are offered to certain people without it being posted to the company for example HR assistants, which by the way there related to upper management. Only work here if you have no personality, are mute, like getting yelled at like a kid, or want to find a fling. You can't adjust your schedule if you have school or kids even for a short period if time. However there is one person who gets to work from home in the Exam department, again family member. Btw all the other reviews are true.

Management please get it together and stop hiring family members, it's very unfair And no one will respect this company if it's continued to run like a circus. Say hi to your employees, provide that positive energy so it can spread. Fix your PTO and have people feel at ease instead of feeling fear. And nothing is confidential here when BFFS and family members are all over the place.

Great

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot and got experience

Cons

sitting long hours and keeping up with the constant changes

none

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, bad environment.

Former Employee - Network Administrator
    Former Employee - Network Administrator

I worked at RSA Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will make friends and gain some experience, but that's mostly where the pros end.

Cons

Upper management is unstable and management is selected more often by who it will make happy as opposed to the performance of the individual. Workers tend to be slated against each other as opposed to team work. Time requirements for general employees are ridiculous. Turn over rate is absolutely insane.

The company grew very quickly in a very short amount of time. They're still locked in a small business mindset in certain ways that creates a bottleneck for the growth of the company.

This could be taken as a pro or a con, but relationships with coworkers tend to be very personal. You will make very good friends but be careful not to let that effect work. Or vice versa. It's very easy to slip into the realm of "married to the job."

When your CEO rolls up in a different car every day, and each car individually is worth more than the average employees home... There is a problem.

Management should be selected by performance, not by who it will make happy. Read these reviews, your employees are unhappy. This should mean something to you.

medical case manager

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

Great job for GERMAPHOBES. NO GARBAGE CANS allowed because you cannot eat, drink or function as a human while trapped in your pristine 'cubicle'

Cons

Unfriendly, phone jockey - you are given a script for questions. You must read like a robot OR GET FIRED.
    ALL MEDICAL professionals should avoid this company at ALL COSTS

Case Manager

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing here is the co-workers! They really get me through each day!

Cons

There are many cons working at this place! You are slave driven and used until you are no longer needed and then treated like garbage! Everyone constantly is talking bad about each other and stabbing people in the back to get to a higher position that doesn't even exist! You are criticized if you are having a bad day and show some emotion about it, but others can walk around and take their problems out on you because they are management! As soon as I can leave, I'm out of here! They pretend to be so positive but it's such a negative atmosphere!

Provide more compliments and make your workers feel appreciated! Give us a decent raise, not just a nickel every year! Don't just set out to help yourselves, we the workers keep your company going!

Huge opportunities if you're willing

Current Employee - Staff  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge opportunity to contribute to a growing company. I feel like I can create my own path and actually make a difference in the company. I’ve been at RSA for just over 3 months now and everyone I’ve met so far has been nothing but supportive and encouraging. Certainly a ton of work to do but very exciting and happy to be part of such a dedicated team.

Cons

Company has grown very fast and with that comes challenges. This company is no exception but they are working on improving every aspect of the organization to support the high growth and that has provided a ton of opportunities for the current staff. Hate hearing the negative feedback as it seems like only those who fail or were never motivated in the first place go out and complain.

Keep working on the improvements and growth. Listen to the staff and continue to promote within.

strict fast paced

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

overtime available. there are amazing people that work here and great potlucks

Cons

everything else! its more of slavery. only work here if there are no other options for you

Slavery

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

There are none. This is the worse place I have ever worked. It's a joke.

Cons

hope you don't ever have to go to the bathroom or anything you will be scrutinized.

RSA has been like a second family for me for the last 4½ years

Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Today is my last day at RSA. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for every single person at RSA. I do not have any technical experience or education. The Leaders of RSA have taught me everything I know (in terms of IT). I started RSA back in November of 2009 as a MCM. I graduate Nursing school with a current employee of RSA together and she referred me to RSA! Both her and I started as MCMs and look at where we are now (she is the Lead Educator and I am the Medical Technicial Liasion, MedGuide Supervisor and Chairman of the Change Control Board! Everyone at RSA should take a moment and reflect on their journey at RSA as we have all grown in some degree. I would not have made it this far without everyone’s continuous support. We have all been through a lot together and I will miss everyone terribly!

Cons

The lack of clinical experience may deter some from applying but this is a great place to work while continuing your education and/or applying at a clinical facility!

Worked for RSA Medical? Contribute to the Community!