RSA Medical

www.rsamedical.com

RSA Medical Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • Covered parking garage is about the only positive thing this company offers to any of the employees who have suffered the horror of working here (in 9 reviews)

• Very clean environment to work in (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management only care about numbers and treat people like a piece of a machine (in 6 reviews)

• No room for growing with company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Negative Atmosphere

Telephonic Interviewer (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsGym
    Indoor parking
    Local resturaunts
    Hotel
    Near 88

ConsYou really can't take this company serious with the management they put in place. Managers and leads should lead by example and have a positive energy. There is major favoritism and you have to be part of a clique who is related to executive management. For example, managers have there kids, siblings, cousins, neighbors, good friends all in one department or scattered in all units. Conflict of interest may I say. Family comes first here and no room for anyone else to try and succeed. I guess family are the only loyal people in this company. Constant office romances and dramas in which there is no punishment for those family members but others would be fired. And we're talking loud blowouts in the break rooms and on the floors. Sometimes your unsure who your manager is as they have other people watching you not to talk your coworkers on how there day is going, however those people will practically be having arguments at there desks or having extremely inappropriate conversations. People are treated unfair and don't get any chance, not everyone can make it here especially those who have opinions and are outspoken. God forbid your kid is sick cause you will get points for Attendence along with leaving for an emergency. At one point this company was taking personal files home of people who were applying for insurance just to meet production and people were working all day like slaves and it was never good enough. No professionalism at this company, business people should be presentable and respected not look miserable and pass it on. There are people here who the potential to succeed ad be respected, but everyone who becomes management can't be there own person without having to confirm everything with executives. Training is inconsistent and you can only ask one person who is assigned to answer questions and you can't ask your neighbors. No one would ask if they provided consistent answers depending on there mood. No room for growth, only certain positions are offered to certain people without it being posted to the company for example HR assistants, which by the way there related to upper management. Only work here if you have no personality, are mute, like getting yelled at like a kid, or want to find a fling. You can't adjust your schedule if you have school or kids even for a short period if time. However there is one person who gets to work from home in the Exam department, again family member. Btw all the other reviews are true.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement please get it together and stop hiring family members, it's very unfair And no one will respect this company if it's continued to run like a circus. Say hi to your employees, provide that positive energy so it can spread. Fix your PTO and have people feel at ease instead of feeling fear. And nothing is confidential here when BFFS and family members are all over the place.

Good people, bad environment.

Network Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsYou will make friends and gain some experience, but that's mostly where the pros end.

ConsUpper management is unstable and management is selected more often by who it will make happy as opposed to the performance of the individual. Workers tend to be slated against each other as opposed to team work. Time requirements for general employees are ridiculous. Turn over rate is absolutely insane.

The company grew very quickly in a very short amount of time. They're still locked in a small business mindset in certain ways that creates a bottleneck for the growth of the company.

This could be taken as a pro or a con, but relationships with coworkers tend to be very personal. You will make very good friends but be careful not to let that effect work. Or vice versa. It's very easy to slip into the realm of "married to the job."

When your CEO rolls up in a different car every day, and each car individually is worth more than the average employees home... There is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be selected by performance, not by who it will make happy. Read these reviews, your employees are unhappy. This should mean something to you.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great

Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsLearned a lot and got experience

Conssitting long hours and keeping up with the constant changes

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

strict fast paced

Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

Prosovertime available. there are amazing people that work here and great potlucks

Conseverything else! its more of slavery. only work here if there are no other options for you

medical case manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat job for GERMAPHOBES. NO GARBAGE CANS allowed because you cannot eat, drink or function as a human while trapped in your pristine 'cubicle'

ConsUnfriendly, phone jockey - you are given a script for questions. You must read like a robot OR GET FIRED.
    ALL MEDICAL professionals should avoid this company at ALL COSTS

Slavery

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are none. This is the worse place I have ever worked. It's a joke.

Conshope you don't ever have to go to the bathroom or anything you will be scrutinized.

Case Manager

ProsThe only good thing here is the co-workers! They really get me through each day!

ConsThere are many cons working at this place! You are slave driven and used until you are no longer needed and then treated like garbage! Everyone constantly is talking bad about each other and stabbing people in the back to get to a higher position that doesn't even exist! You are criticized if you are having a bad day and show some emotion about it, but others can walk around and take their problems out on you because they are management! As soon as I can leave, I'm out of here! They pretend to be so positive but it's such a negative atmosphere!

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more compliments and make your workers feel appreciated! Give us a decent raise, not just a nickel every year! Don't just set out to help yourselves, we the workers keep your company going!

Huge opportunities if you're willing

Staff (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsHuge opportunity to contribute to a growing company. I feel like I can create my own path and actually make a difference in the company. I’ve been at RSA for just over 3 months now and everyone I’ve met so far has been nothing but supportive and encouraging. Certainly a ton of work to do but very exciting and happy to be part of such a dedicated team.

ConsCompany has grown very fast and with that comes challenges. This company is no exception but they are working on improving every aspect of the organization to support the high growth and that has provided a ton of opportunities for the current staff. Hate hearing the negative feedback as it seems like only those who fail or were never motivated in the first place go out and complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on the improvements and growth. Listen to the staff and continue to promote within.

RSA has been like a second family for me for the last 4½ years

Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsToday is my last day at RSA. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for every single person at RSA. I do not have any technical experience or education. The Leaders of RSA have taught me everything I know (in terms of IT). I started RSA back in November of 2009 as a MCM. I graduate Nursing school with a current employee of RSA together and she referred me to RSA! Both her and I started as MCMs and look at where we are now (she is the Lead Educator and I am the Medical Technicial Liasion, MedGuide Supervisor and Chairman of the Change Control Board! Everyone at RSA should take a moment and reflect on their journey at RSA as we have all grown in some degree. I would not have made it this far without everyone’s continuous support. We have all been through a lot together and I will miss everyone terribly!

ConsThe lack of clinical experience may deter some from applying but this is a great place to work while continuing your education and/or applying at a clinical facility!

When you need a job, you do whatever you need to do

Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCoworkers
    Stable Pay check
    PTO & Vacation Pay

ConsWe are not robots ! People have emotions and they feel sad, happy, and sick, but we are not
    allowed to express any human emotions here. It feels literally like locked up in a mental prison.
    Upper management only care about numbers and treat people like a piece of a machine.
    People go to bathroom and go to lunch when they want to go, not when they are told !!
    Inconsistency in audits & directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of your employees like people like yourselves. Get rid of the point system so employees can get a day off when they are sick !

Worked for RSA Medical? Contribute to the Community!