RSA Medical

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
2.3

Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • Covered parking garage is about the only positive thing this company offers to any of the employees who have suffered the horror of working here (in 11 reviews)

• Clean building with expensive cafe located on site; Covered parking garage that is (currently) free; Access to interstate to get away quickly (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management only care about numbers and treat people like a piece of a machine (in 8 reviews)

• No room for growing with company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

So far so good.

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment with good people who are supportive of each other.

Cons

Work can be repetitive and difficult since you are measured on length of time spent with customers but also on customer service. Bonuses can be given for excellent service, but conversations are audited and it just depends on which calls you get.

Provide opportunities for personal growth to employees so that they see a future with the company.

Run away!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's nice to have set hours so you know you will have your 40 hours of work a week.

Cons

Pay is ridiculously low. If you show you can do well they don't give you a raise, just more responsibilities so essentially you could be doing the same amount of work as a manager and get paid $11 an hour. You are super micromanaged, even your bathroom breaks are timed.

Stop micromanaging your employees bathroom breaks, that's a ridiculous waste of time, it's not kindergarten. If anyone needs to be monitored it's your managers and making sure they're not pawning off their responsibilities to their employees while they wander around the office.

Worst Experience in My Career

Former Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can give is that I was looking for a job at the time and was offered a job on the spot and had employment right away. Little did I know, they hold these "job fairs" about once a month and hire about anybody who walks in the door done weeds people out through The training process which is completely on organized and messed up!

Cons

I have been a professional registered nurse for about 8 years. I went into this job like most people looking to get out of the clinical Rolm and try something new, which is what they promoted at the time of interview. I was employed all of 4 weeks and was let go for absolutely no reason at all they just said that it wasn't a good job match for me! They gave us a little training then threw us out to the wolves to start taking phone calls for medical interviews for different types of insurance. They base your performance on random audits - which all completely contradicted themselves! They claimed the audits were a learning tool and not a measure of our success or failure but obviously that was not true. I do not feel I was given a fair chance to show what I have to offer I would never recommend anybody to work for this company! I came home every day completely stressed out because of how they treated me - have never had a job like that before!

Get your act together! The supervisors just above my position were wonderful and very helpful. Upper management is a totally different story! They let me resign saying that this just wasn't a good job match for me but never gave me the opportunity to prove who I really am and what I can really do. They also told me that about 15% of the people they hired don't even make it through training, so they definitely need to work on how they train their employees if they want to be a successful company for both their employees and the insurance companies their contracted with!

Worst place ever

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They treat like dirt. Over work you like crazy and not one person there actually wants to be there. No job security what so ever. They fire you on the spot for the smallest things.

Cons

Just look at the pros. Not one pro.

Treat people like people

Great Place to work

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you are relatively new to the healthcare field or are looking to get out of the back breaking work of clinical. Provides great training for new grads because of the clinical nature of the conversations that are had on a daily basis.

Cons

Yes, the insurance could be better.

Acknowledge ALL employees as the contribute to the overall success of the business. Begin to promote more from within, possibly by developing a leadership development program.

RSA

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager - ELITE in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager - ELITE in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I don't understand why any previous employee would complain about working here. Salary and advancement is performance and experience based, employees get notification of open positions available. The pay is decent for the work required, no labor of any kind, and if you do well you get paid well. Plenty of opportunity for overtime hours, flexible schedules and time off. It has provided a means for medical professionals that may not have other choices due to exam preparation or other impairments that may keep them from doing clinical work. Clean environment, stress free, lots of support and paid training.

Cons

Upper management...well....is really upper management, separate upper floor and access. CEO has a napoleon complex and narcissistic attitude. Feels like there is a upper and lower class and if you are called or go upstairs its as if you have been summoned by the gods. Benefits are way too expensive considering that they deal with all the major carriers, however,t all health, dental and vision is offered.

Advice to CEO, come down to earth. Spend some time on the floor that is working to make your company successful. Make it a more personal environment and connect with your employees. I think this will help increase productivity. Hold meeting and not written suggestions to gain insight from the troops of how to improve and find out about the issues being faced.

Don't know what the fuss is about...

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really don't get what all the other reviews here are fussing about, I've had almost entirely good experiences since I started here.

-Pay is higher than others in the area for the same level of experience.
    -As others have said, covered parking and super clean office.
    -If you are doing your job well, you get openly acknowledged for it. I've been here less than 6 months and made bonuses and been selected for new projects, and I've seen plenty of other people that are getting acknowledged for good work too.

Cons

The only con I can find is mostly due to circumstance: given that you are working on behalf of Illinois' largest healthcare insurance company, the medical benefits here are pretty crappy for how much is deducted from your check.

I do agree that an hour long lunch break would be better, and please get us some cheaper insurance! But otherwise, everything here has been great!

Absolutely horrible company.

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy "out" parking garage.
    They never fired me.

Cons

There is no "Big brother" who says everything is your fault.
    They give you way too much time for breaks/lunch.
    Extremely liberal voiding policy.
    Extremely fair bonus point structure. They love to give, give, give too much.
    It's a way too up beat, positive, self esteem building environment.
    Honesty from the top down. Rocco Salviola was Naval SURGEON not a nurse.

Stop thinking your going anywhere at RSA. Your not, you know it, but stay because you can't get hired anywhere else.

Nepotism and disrespect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A couple of the managers are okay. It is a great place to learn what not to say to an insurance company as well as what you do not have to say to an insurance company.

Cons

Terrible pay.
    Mediocre and expensive benefits.
    Must be a relative of an executive or an attractive woman to advance.
    Most employees are unqualified for their positions.
    Employees are treated very poorly. If you have any sort of condition that requires your attention on a regular basis, don't bother even thinking of working there.

Relax. Give up control and treat the employees like human beings. Give the employees an hour long paid lunch at the very least. It's also rather demoralizing seeing the CEO show up in a different luxury car every month or so while the employees can't even make their bills most of the time.

Friendly place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at RSA Medical part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, intelligent management, tangible benefits (parking garage, gym, cafeteria, fast elevators, cleanliness)

Cons

The attitude amongst many of the MCMs is negative. They have issues with the upper management and disrespect their higher-ups. It gives RSA a bad and unfair reputation.

Not based off of personal experience, but off of the other reviews, it seems evident that something needs to be done to help mend the gap between the upper management and employees. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience here, and hope to continue to explore all that RSA has to offer me and the community.