RSA Medical Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • What a parking garage that you end up parking 4 floors up to find a spot (in 11 reviews)

• Covered parking garage, indoor work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They have issues with the upper management and disrespect their higher-ups (in 8 reviews)

• No room for growing with company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Senior Medical Team Specialist

I have been working at RSA Medical

Pros

RSA Medical is growing at intense speed because they are the leader in providing health insurance companies information to connect members with services aimed at prevention care. They are the cutting edge when it comes to the changes in the insurance industry that have developed over the past 2-3 years. The staff is young, highly trained, and exceptionally motivated.

Cons

Annual Reviews instead of bi-annual or even quarterly.
    Incentives based on an ever changing line of products.

2. You get out what you put in!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here is fine. I am not HR or management. Newly hired are told about the volume and requirements. So those complaining were well aware. This is a job where you find out right away if you love it or hate it. The atmosphere and office are well maintained, the heated garage is nice on those extremely cold days. My working environment and co-workers are pleasant. And the pay is great for how easy the job is.

Cons

There are office politics every where. I have no complaints worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Could take a common sense approach to some things and realize it's not all about the set matrix. There are some gray areas. Paid sick time would be nice as well.

Don't do it!

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The one pros is that you have paid holidays off, and casual dress on Fridays.

Cons

if you're not a part of the cool crowd you will never advance within the company, rules and regulations only apply to those outside of this crowd, upper management only hires friends and family and therefore no one will ever advance and/or grow within this this company. Don't waste your time bringing up this issue to HR as they are already aware and simply don't care. Also, never bring any of this up to anyone in management and or HR or you will be the next one fired for miscellaneous reason.

Advice to Management

Don't hire or promote friends and family! There's no way a company can strive and be successful with happy employees when this is done. Also make sure the famliy member you're promoting knows something about the department before they are in charge of it.

5. Grateful

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Comparable in compensation for the position I am in. Fast pace growing company with different programs. Being able to utilize my personality in order to help others. Clean environment. Decent paid time off. Parking garage. Really good team members to work with.

This may sound cheesy but it is the MANTRA that I stumbled across online and have tried to live by each day. “I trust my ability to know what's right for me without having to doubt who I am when I get things wrong. I realize that there's always room for improvement and I commit to consistently trying to become a better person in all aspects of life. I'm no better than anybody. It's just clear that I'm not the same as everybody. And I work within my purpose every day to make that clearer. Greatness is my choice for my life therefore I make no excuses when I fall short, I only put forth more effort. I'm here for something bigger than me, and my only desire is to add value to everything that I can. Should I stumble, I will remember these words. I will remember who I am, and I will remember that my mission is more important than my mistakes.” This company has done a lot for me through the years and I am grateful for my job. It hasn’t been an easy road because of the amount of growth but I have no regrets. I have learned more at RSA than I have at any other company.

Cons

Understanding that this is a place of business that is ever growing, it would be nice to have a yearly meeting with the Executives

Jun 17, 2015Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your mantra. I believe most of our employees live by a similar mantra or belief just based on my daily interactions and the dedication I see. I would also ... More

phone interaction specialist

Former Employee - Phone Interaction Specialist in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Phone Interaction Specialist in Aurora, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It'san easy job to do talking on the phone with customerscustomers.

Cons

Only certain people get to move up the corporate ladder if you don't someone that is hire up than you there is no place for advancement.

7. The place to be

Current Employee - Customer Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work at. The management is great very approachable. Employees always positive. Felt like home the first week I started. I would recommend this company to everyone I know.

Cons

Just a long Drive from the city. But worth it.

Jun 15, 2015Vice President Human Resources

We are always excited to hear feedback that is positive and you enjoy your position at RSA Medical but better than anything is to hear you felt it was like home the first week you started. This ... More

8. Clinical Interaction Specialist

Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working for this company for almost two years, and I would like to say how blessed I feel to have this job and been able to enjoy working here, and also have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in providing the best customer service experience to all the clients that I talk to every day. One thing I would like to make clear to everyone who would like to apply for employment at this company, this is not a job for everyone. This position requires dedication, love and be professional in order to achieve and provide the BEST customer service experience to the members. I just love my job and the whole company

Cons

I have no cons to comment, when you come to work, you need to put in mind that you come to work and to put 100% to give your best.

Jun 8, 2015Vice President Human Resources

So excited to read your feedback and how you feel about the company. We strive to hear this from each and every employee. Please continue to do such incredible work and always provide feedback no ... More

9. It's ok. Has it's good and it's bad

Current Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Covered parking garage is great in winter. On site cafe and coffee shop on property. Property and office are very clean. Co workers are pretty great because they go through the same good and bad as you. Direct managers are mostly pretty good and personable. The job is super easy, simply read what's on the screen. There is a monthly incentive program that is now actually spelled out on how to achieve. 2 years ago it was a mystery on what the actual criteria was equal to an incentive each month. HR has been a huge improvement over the past year. They're accessible and work with you pretty well most of the time. They've really seemed to try to be more in touch with the workforce and are working to improve employee moral. It is working and hopefully continues to move in the direction of showing appreciation towards the people that make the company possible.

Cons

Unfortunately, the job requires you to sit at a desk all day and sometimes non-stop back to back phone calls every 8 seconds. One of the biggest complaints is the micromanagement of every minute of each day. Your 2 breaks are only 10 minutes each and scheduled at specific times and of course your ability to adhere to that schedule can count against you even if you are on the phone with a client. So if you have to use the washroom outside of those scheduled times it counts against your available time on the phone.
          Also if you have to attend a mandatory training class, they adjust your adherence to the schedule, but you don't get the available time back to count towards the availability part of incentives. Therefore you get easily knocked out of the largest incentives possible.
         Auditing is not consistent. One day you have nothing wrong with the calls you do, the next day they say something you do on every call you shouldn't have every been saying or ding you for some word pronunciation. Sometimes they knock your call score based on the opinion of the auditor, like they feel you spoke to fast. One day you get points dinged off for not rescheduling a call when the member says they are busy and you hurry through, the next day you get dinged for rescheduling a call and not trying to push a member through completing it.
         The only department that may be worse than auditing is the scheduling/tracking. So long as you stick to your assigned schedule fine. But the minute something changes like requesting a day off, they manage to screw up your request. Or they deny it. Then when the day actually rolls around they ask you at the beginning of your shift if you then still want the day. Doesn't work so well for planning anything in advance. Whatever measures they use to forecast the call volume are way off and shouldn't be relied on. And seniority amounts for absolutely nothing. No perks for being in the company longer.
         Company advancement seems pretty unobtainable at this point. The company seems to bring on new clients, yet the responsibility goes to current managers and its not necessary to train new ones within. The company needs to grow more to keep promising advancements, yet it seems to be in a stand still or the projects again are only big enough for a temp spurt not sustaining permanent growth.

Advice to Management

Some lower management is still cliquey. Stop telling everyone that there is still promotion potential when there actually is not any. No CIS's are seeing anyone promoted to anything more than temporary.
    However, keep rolling out things like giving back to the community and outside work events and opportunities. I like working here and it's a pretty easy job. And I like my co-workers and most of the management even. A lot of them are great. But the constant big brother watching over every minute of every day it is getting pretty monotonous.

Jun 22, 2015Vice President Human Resources

First, I would like to thank you for your posting. This is one of the most comprehensive postings I’ve seen with both positive feedback and feedback on what we need to continue to work on. We ... More

Professional liars

Former Employee - Medical Underwriter in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Underwriter in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

Nothing, ot if need extra

Cons

That response by management on 6/22/15 is such a lie, I worked their 2 years, all they do is use you and work you as if slavery is still legal

Advice to Management

Nothing, they do not care

Jun 26, 2015Vice President Human Resources

Unfortunately you don’t indicate what it is that you feel is a lie so we cannot address that specific “feedback” that you have provided. The information we have posted is absolutely accurate and ... More

Lose your self respect

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

the pros of this job were that I had a job. I could feed my kids. Although I never got to see them due the extreme amount of overtime that was demanded.

Cons

I gave my heart and soul to this company. I played by their rules. I joined the "clique" hung with the in crowd. I busted my butt trying to do right by this company to be stepped on at every turn. Management had their relatives to promote and their drug dealers to keep happy. If you are related you can walk on water take a million breaks and make the rules as you go. But look out if you are not. This company has violated HIPPA laws. OSHA laws(raise your hand to go pee) clock out for those bathroom breaks . When you lose your self respect and become a pawn in their vile game you know it's time to get out!

Advice to Management

Management is a professional title you should dress like a professional not show up in yoga pants daily. Payroll/benefits dept should actually know about the benefits. Funny how the hr department has had such a turn over too. Management should just look out to the empty desks and say wow look how far we have come.

RSS Feed </> Embed