RSA Medical Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
77 reviews filtered by
2.8
Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • Covered parking garage is about the only positive thing this company offers to any of the employees who have suffered the horror of working here (in 11 reviews)

• Clean building with expensive cafe located on site; Covered parking garage that is (currently) free; Access to interstate to get away quickly (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management only care about numbers and treat people like a piece of a machine (in 8 reviews)

• No room for growing with company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A great team to be a part of.

Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros are free indoor garage parking, affordable cafeteria, free on site exercise facility,on site security both in and out of work area, great training, great management, great state of the art facility, great pay and most of all great polite and respectful supervisor!

Cons

Would like to see just a little more hands on telephone transferring training.

Please provide more hands on telephone transferring training.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

We are currently reviewing and enhancing all the training materials based on feedback similar to yours in which you expressed. We are glad to hear you are pleased with the building amenities and had ... More

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Exam
    Current Employee - Exam

I have been working at RSA Medical

Pros

You have the opportunity to have your voice heard when there is an issue. Flexible hours. Good employees

Cons

Cafe is expensive and food is ok. No paid sick days. Employees do not come to work so it makes work stressful

Hire reliable people

Mar 30, 2015Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, and we have passed along the information to the Building Cafeteria, as we have nothing to do with the pricing or the food selection, we can only be advocates for our ... More

3. I love working for this company I love the way everything is it's very clean and organized.

Current Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical

Pros

I like talking to different people helping out with there questions.

Cons

You have to have lots of patience with the members.

I just want to say that I'm very happy to work for this company.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback! Your role as a Clinical Interactive Specialist is the one of the key roles within our organization and we are so happy to hear about your positive experience. If there is ... More

5. Exceptional

I have been working at RSA Medical

Pros

I have been with RSA for a little over four months now and have the pleasure to work closely with the Executive Team daily. I did read the reviews before leaving a prior position (in which I was exceptionally happy, however, the opportunities working at RSA presented were too good to not to take a chance). I have honestly never seen an Exec Team, especially a CEO, be so involved, so caring and try to fix anything that arises within the company. The CEO takes extreme pride in every department and is fully aware that everyone else makes the company succeed. The Executive Team was well selected. They wholeheartedly care about the company and those that work with them. I have never made a better decision and this will be my last stop during my career.

Cons

Seriously can't think of any... however, I do wish the café would have a few new soups... out of our control, unfortunately. :)

Keep doing what you do. I'm honored to work with such a great group.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience with RSA Medical. Your concern regarding the soup selection will be brought up to the management of the café, as do we want to ensure your voice ... More

6. Pretty Middle of the Road

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

Regular hours, fun people to work with. They have a gym downstairs which is nice. The work isn't too hard. You need to pay attention and actually work hard. RSA has a lot of bad reviews, I did just fine. A lot of people did half the work, and then got mad that the company called them out on it and fired them. Get over it. I was able to work my way up, I had no connections to the management whatsoever. I worked hard.

Cons

They have a high turn over rate, so sometimes there is too much work and not enough people. Depending on needs, they can be really strict on no over time, which can be stressful when its impossible to complete the work load. Management has a lot of ideas how to make things better, but they never put them into practice or it takes forever to get through red tape.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

We are sad to hear you recent left RSA Medical and are not able to experience some of the enhancements that management has begun to put into action. Our turnover rate during the Open Enrollment ... More

Medical case manager

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

I liked the people that I worked with.

Cons

We were not allowed to give general information about our health insurance client to the members we called for interviews. They had to call themselves. It was very frustrating on both ends.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

We take pride in hiring great people and are glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience with your coworkers. Because of the sensitive nature of insurance policies we cannot always give the most ... More

This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Case Manager
    Former Employee - Case Manager

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

The training is excellent. My trainer, supervisor and team leader gave me support and the tools to help me succeed in my job. They were patient and always encouraging. I also loved the company's mission statement. I found everything that was told to me in my interview was exactly what the company followed through with.

Cons

Honestly the only con I had was my commute. I took the job without realizing just how far I would be in that car. 2 1/2 hours sometimes on the ride home. If I could have changed my living arrangements, I would have stayed.

Get Naperville to provider better transportation. The Metra train does get you to Naperville from the city. With all the huge companies on route 59 alone, RSA should have some pull in that matter.

Mar 11, 2015Director of Talent

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding training! Our trainers, supervisors and team leader take a lot of pride and strive for excellence in every new hire and training class, and I am thrilled ... More

Clinical Interaction Specialist

Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical

Pros

Garage Parking, co-workers, and dress code. The dress code consisted of either business casual or scrubs. Because everyone has worked in a healthcare environment, maybe that's why everyone is great to work with.

Cons

...Where to start with so much negativity ...In all honesty the organization as a whole is a scam. They are a third party that conducts medical interviews throughout multiple states to collect medical information that was discussed during members doctor visit. This way, BCBS will know what current medical conditions are being discussed which causes members premiums to increase -sneaky huh? I felt awful tricking members by telling them that the purpose of my call was to help them maximize their benefits (bullcrap). I was only there for 1 month, there was a huge turn over rate which is why they hire over 600 people all at once. ..By the way the job is 100% of answering phone calls every 3 seconds (no joke). There may not be any physical micromanagement, however there is micromanagement tracked through your computer. If you go to the bathroom, you have to put your computer on "break" and yes it times you for how long you've been gone! hahaha!! You get half hour lunch for which you clock in and out, and two 10min breaks (which I am not sure what happened to 15min??). Also, calls are being monitored and your supervisor will talk you based on your calls. So be careful not to sound too happy, sad, upset, mad, frustrated, or annoyed bc they will say something to you. You basically have a camera on you at all times, just not physically. I strongly advise future candidates to look elsewhere. We are healthcare professionals that don't deserve this type of workplace.

Be up front with future candidates that it is a 100% call center that receives calls every 3 seconds.

Feb 23, 2015Director of Talent

RSA Medical is a leading provider of medical assessment and medical management for individuals interacting with life and health insurance companies. Our employees are the key foundation to our ... More

Trust me, there's a better company out there!

Former Employee - Software Developer in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Up to date to the latest technology. That's it!

Cons

Micromanagement, low pay, too much blaming, long work hours even during weekend, supporting clients between 12am-6am.

You are losing good developers, listen to your employee they are not slave. They deserve to have a good work/life balance.

Mar 11, 2015Vice President of Human Resources

Sometimes work can be demanding to meet our clients deadlines. Feedback from other developers have indicted the challenge is rewarding. We have made some modifications to the department and we are ... More

This is the worst experience of had.

Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist Work At Home in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist Work At Home in Chicago, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best thing was meeting people that was there for the same reason I was.

Cons

They train you for only 2 weeks but that wasn't the worst thing. They had a lot of computer issues I spent more time trying to get in the system because I kept getting kicked out or crashing. I was never late but because they base you going on live calls on the mock calls in training. I passed one and failed two based on three different people .scoring you. You would be told not say this or you can do this and then when another person score you and say it's wrong. Training is not consistent and they are very unorganized with the work for home. They gave me my computer on the last day of training and when it's 5 mins before clocking out . I get told I was not a good fit. I waste my time and passed up other opportunities. I have extensive medical background and call center. When I worked for SPRINT PCS they train you for 6 weeks and because they spend all this money to training they make sure they cover everything and you catch on and then they put you on the floor . Know after 90 days you don't get it then they tell you are not a good fit.

You don't give a person a chance to show their talents. You spend so much money to train you should spend more time to get your employees where you want them to be and be very successful in your company. Make sure your computer's are working in training mode that's way you have an IT department. You should pay everybody the same their doing the same job.