RSC Solutions Reviews

Mark Arzoomanian

1. I miss working here

Former Employee - Sharepoint Expert in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Sharepoint Expert in Reading, PA

I worked at RSC Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked that when I worked here they expected everyone to carry their own weight.. As long as you did what you were told and hit your deadlines there was no micromanagement here. This is a perfect place to work if you like to put on headphones and grind on your work without needless interruption and countless meetings that go nowhere.

Cons

You might feel out of the loop and lose sight of the bigger picture since the work is so independent. This may come down to personal preference.

Advice to Management

Consider sending an email to your teams to let us know what's going on overall so we can continue to avoid meetings while feeling included.

2. Easy to get fired

Former Employee - UI Developer in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - UI Developer in Reading, PA

I worked at RSC Solutions

Pros

RSC tries to be hip and cool, with lenient work hours, business casual attire, parties and work-from-home options. You can take as much time off as you want, as long as you don't bill it or cause your project to come to a grinding halt.

The crowd is young and all employees live in a close-knit community. This gives you the feel of working with friends, but only if you play your cards right.

Cons

Very easy to get fired. Be careful what you say or whom you talk to. This office is rife with politics, both petty and big. Upper level management at Fitch Ratings also tend to have feudalistic attitudes adopted from their countries of origin, that frustrates employees with more liberal attitudes.

Advice to Management

Please be more picky about whom you hire.

3. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Do not believe any of the positive reviews you see. They are all written by the owner Mark or current employees. As many others have said, they will fire you on the spot without notice or reason, take your business and money, and leave you out to dry. They are losing business and talent left and right because of poor reputation on the street.

Advice to Management

Actually treat people with respect and dignity and not like human cattle.

5. There's big upside in this role

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of top tier companies to place talent. The pool of potential placements is as strong as ever. I've got a boss who is a fighter and gives his full support to our efforts

Cons

Not all of my applicants get placed even when it appears there's a good shot and I have spent a lot of time working out the details with the prospect.

Advice to Management

Continue growing our list of partners so if an applicant falls through on one job there can me another fit.

6. More mentorship than I expected

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiting is a really tough job. It sounds easy in theory but you soon find you get on the phone with people who just want to play games. In my previous job, this was a nightmare. At RSC at least Mark has my back and is always happy to jump on the phone to tell people to knock it off. It's nice to go to work every day where I know my boss is going to have my back and not wring me out to dry with absurd candidates.

Cons

Recruiting isn't for everyone. It's really easy to get burnt out leaving voicemails for people who don't call back or give you a hard time on the phone.

Advice to Management

Keep helping your people along. It's not going unnoticed.

Getting Better

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Things are definitely trending up. We are getting a lot more opportunities to staff a wider variety of roles including some outside of the tech sector. Tech jobs are particularly tricky to staff so having some variety is welcome. Things definitely feel more stable than they have in the past which makes me more comfortable coming to work here every day.

Cons

Recruiting in general is a frustrating job. Vendors can be difficult. Clients can sometimes pass on good candidates and candidates give me my fair share of a hard time. Probably comes with the job though and not specific to this organization.

Advice to Management

The team you've built has some great day to day banter that the management misses out on if they spend most of the day in their office. Come spend more time with your team.

8. Not Worthy to Work for. . .

Former Employee - Junior Developer in Wyomissing, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Developer in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at RSC Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a starter it is fine. Does not have much opportunities for career development. You will have a lot of opportunities to work on your own, as long as you are providing the solution. Since company is small, their arrangement is also small.

Cons

Company is small so cannot expect too much benefit, or any benefit at all. Your superior might behave with you badly. Management is not that good. They won't let you have an opportunity to fix your mistake, if anyway you make one. Office politics is everywhere, from top to bottom. You can lost your job because of this politics. so you have play very intelligently and have to be careful.

Advice to Management

They do not care about my or anybody's advices.

9. A lot of potential for growth if you seek it out

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office environment, very smart coworkers, senior management is very positive and uplifting. The CEO and one of the senior managers come out pretty frequently to touch base. Between co workers and higher ups there's a lot to learn from working here. Every day is a little bit different from the previous.

Cons

When you're working on one client you can become limited to career growth within that client if you don't go out of you way to ask about other opportunities.

Advice to Management

When you know when someone's term is ending figure out if there is any room for them to advance even if it's on another account. This will make people feel more secure

10. Great place to learn your trade

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work - life balance is not bad but that also depends on the client that you work with. But happy with the work culture from training to project deliverables. Nice co-workers and also management that is sensitive to employee needs.

Cons

Sometimes when I get put on a specific client my work life balance goes out the window. There is also lots of things thrown onto our laps from time to time and not enough man power to address it. That can be a drain.

Advice to Management

Make meetings more efficient and to the point because time is of the essence when we're working on deadline and the workload keeps piling up. More team building activities would balance out the times when the work is non-stop.

11. Promising

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ecosystem is picking up after a rough stretch. Sales has done a great job of signing more companies and there is a lot of talented workers who are looking for new jobs. Leadership is strong here as well. Our CEO is hands on and helpful in closing more business.

Cons

Work is tough. My day to day demands a lot of calls. Prospects sometimes need to be hand held throughout and this can be frustrating, but it is all part of the job i signed up for. Nothing is more frustrating than getting the entire way to the finish line and it falling through. It is good that this happens much less than the amount of placements.

Advice to Management

Mark is helpful and knows when to step in to push a deal through. My advice would be too have happy hour or a company dinner at least once a quarter. So we can break up the monotony and do more team building.

RSS Feed </> Embed