RSC Solutions

Add Photos

Mark Arzoomanian

So far so good!

New York, NY

ProsThe office, leadership, and the market is improving. There are more opportunities to place good candidates. I really enjoy the day to day of recruiting and helping candidates find rewarding positions.

ConsThere are definitely stressful days, and those where I feel I am literally pounding the pavement. But, those come and go. The company has done an excellent job of bringing on new clients which has made my job easier. Nothing is easy, but more clients have positions and the pool is deeper than previously.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are new faces in the company now so more team building exercises would be something that I would welcome. Each day is busy and it is tough to get to know my colleagues outside of the work setting. Professionally, I would welcome more direct feedback from my boss after sales meetings. It would help me turn weaknesses into strengths quicker.

Working on exciting projects!

Java Tech Lead (Current Employee)
    Reading, PA

ProsThe collaborative nature of the team is a big plus for me. We work on projects that require many hands to work in a concerted effort to achieve the client's objective, and the team is Reading gets it. Management in NY is very attuned to our needs and works closely with managers in the Reading facility.

ConsThe hours, and sometimes having to take work home with me. It's a busy time for the company which is why RSC ramped up staff in the new Reading facility, but the work load is still intense and I do find myself putting in 50 hour weeks when on deadline. The positive is the work is challenging, and you do learn a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think after working vigorously on a deadline the company should give one Friday off per month when it's really busy. The three day weekend would be seen as a bonus to myself and colleagues and we could rotate among team members so no more than one person is out on any given week. If that is too much, implementing happy hour at 5 on Friday would be a nice end to a long week.

Fun and Challenging!

PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee)
    Reading, PA

ProsThis is my 1st job in the real world and I am working out of the Reading PA location. I enjoy very much the opportunity to learn cutting edge technology which we do on a daily basis and everyday presents new challenges. My direct supervisor offers me support and guidance to overcome the day to day challenges.

ConsLong hours. There always is work to be done and I have found myself staying past 7:30 a few nights per week because my team is on a deadline. I like my colleagues which makes it easier but would prefer to leave the office earlier.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe open door policy is much appreciated and beneficial to me and my colleagues. I believe that some of the times when we remain longer to meet a deadline could be avoided by clearer instruction from the get go. Perhaps a simple 5 minute conversation with the team to make sure that everyone is on the same page would resolve that.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging, yet rewarding.

Database Developer (Current Employee)
    Reading, PA

ProsMy favorite part about working for RSC Solutions is the technical guidance and mentoring I am receiving. My manager is very helpful, and knowledgeable. The new skills I am learning on my projects will help me along my career path. The Reading facility is a really nice place to work.

ConsI am often required to work longer hours than I would like to. It never ends up being 40 hours. I also sometimes have to skip lunch because we are on a deadline and by the time I remember to eat, it's already after 4. This doesn't happen all of the time but a few times per month.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider putting policies in place to help us use our time more efficiently. Also, if we can have more advanced notice on some of the projects, that would be of big help. Finally, while you are excellent at mentoring me and the team on the technical components of doing our job, I would appreciate if at least once each quarter we could sit down to discuss my growth personally and professionally. I believe the entire team would appreciate some time put aside for this.

A great place to start a career!

User Experience/UI Designer (Current Employee)
    Reading, PA

ProsThe technical mentorship I am receiving at RSC is second to none! The Reading facility is great and the work atmosphere is enjoyable, and I look forward to going to work each day. As a UX/UI developer, my job continues to challenge me to improve my skills.

ConsSometimes I have to work longer hours that I would like to, but that is something every job has. Being my first real job, I accept it as paying my dues. But it's not all the time, just when we are working on deadline.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue taking an interest in the young guys as you have been. You have a lot to teach and we are eager to learn. One of my teammates was told not to check YouTube while at work, but they were just looking up a video on UX/UI that was relevant to the task.

Good starting point for my career!

Java Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThis is my first job as a java developer and I am really enjoying working in the new Reading PA facility. I am learning new skills which will be valuable over my career. I really envision this as a stepping stone and the projects that I am working on challenge me every day.

ConsSometimes it can get monotonous and it is entry level, so I am not earning what I hope to be earning in due time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very appreciate of the mentorship that I and my colleagues receive. Management is there to help and the company should know that this is doing us a lot of good and to keep it up.

Many new opportunities with the new facility in PA!

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsThe company offers a great opportunity to learn cutting edge technology while also working on interesting projects at the new facility. The work is challenging, but rewarding. And the team manages to keep things lighter than most jobs I've been at which makes each day more enjoyable. Our CTO really has our backs too if we ever find ourselves in a bind. It's good to have that sort of support.

ConsSometimes the work can become mundane, but that is just the nature of the business. It's been like that everywhere. It's also a steady stream of work which doesn't allow for breaks, but being busy is not always a bad thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think upper management has done a good job of keeping the workplace light. There's a lot of work and deadlines, which creates stress, but they're good about taking us to lunch now and then and keeping things as fun as they can. Keep it up!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The company has hit a growth trend and the future is promising!

New York, NY

ProsWe have an excellent new location in PA with an exclusive relationship. This is key for my job, which relies on two parties in every transaction. The addition of PA definitely is a massive differentiator from 12-18 months ago and is something that the other recruiters and I are excited about.

ConsThe pro can also be the con. Since my job requires placing candidates where we have non-exclusive relationships as well, my candidates will lose out because they've been interviewed before or we just don't get to the hiring manager first. That's one of the struggles but it is something common to the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is doing a good job keeping the place upbeat and you can definitely sense the optimism in the office from a year ago. I've been here through ups and downs and feel it’s really important to maintain this for some of the new people. Treating the team to lunch has been a great perk and allowed various departments to intermingle who might not otherwise. Mixing in a happy hour once per month or quarter would also be a good idea towards strengthening the company culture as people like to get to know more about each other outside of the office environment.

Company on the up and up!

New York, NY

ProsThe company is on the upswing and there are many opportunities. Our new facility in PA have created a lot of jobs which has made my job easier. My job is to find the best candidates and as the number of openings with our partners have increased, so has my ability to place quality people.

ConsI wish there was more partners to place people. Nothing is more frustrating than doing my due diligence on a potential candidate only to have that person not placed. However, as Mark opens up new doors and opportunities for us, that is become less of an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep creating those relationships for the team. Our ability to earn more is directly correlated with the number of partnerships the company has.

Incredible Mentors and Aggressive Growth Opportunities

SharePoint Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe quality and level of the mentorship you get from upper management. In previous jobs, I'd be lucky to even get a nod of existence from members of upper management. At RSC Solutions, that is far from the case. From day one, you're paired with a member of upper management who is tasked with turning you into the best professional you can be. However, don't expect to be babied. Coddling is something they will not do. Act like an adult, and you'll be treated like one.

ConsThere is such flexibility with regards to work hours that seamless collaboration is sometimes impossible to do. The motto seems to be: "Get it done by any means necessary. Deadlines? Deadlines, schmeadlines. Just have it done by the end of the day." Naturally, this lends itself to the highly motivated completing their tasks within the first half of the day, the less-than-motivated completing their tasks within the last half of the day, and many people (myself included) scrambling to coordinate between the two.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold daily briefs with teams to go over the day's broad goals and the specific goals for each member of the team. Set deadlines for the completion of those goals so there's no fragmentation in terms of workforce.

Worked for RSC Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RSC Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RSC Solutions CEO Mark Arzoomanian. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by RSC Solutions employees.