RSC Solutions

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.4

Mark Arzoomanian

Great place to learn your trade

Current Employee - Java Developer  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work - life balance is not bad but that also depends on the client that you work with. But happy with the work culture from training to project deliverables. Nice co-workers and also management that is sensitive to employee needs.

Cons

Sometimes when I get put on a specific client my work life balance goes out the window. There is also lots of things thrown onto our laps from time to time and not enough man power to address it. That can be a drain.

Make meetings more efficient and to the point because time is of the essence when we're working on deadline and the workload keeps piling up. More team building activities would balance out the times when the work is non-stop.

Promising

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ecosystem is picking up after a rough stretch. Sales has done a great job of signing more companies and there is a lot of talented workers who are looking for new jobs. Leadership is strong here as well. Our CEO is hands on and helpful in closing more business.

Cons

Work is tough. My day to day demands a lot of calls. Prospects sometimes need to be hand held throughout and this can be frustrating, but it is all part of the job i signed up for. Nothing is more frustrating than getting the entire way to the finish line and it falling through. It is good that this happens much less than the amount of placements.

Mark is helpful and knows when to step in to push a deal through. My advice would be too have happy hour or a company dinner at least once a quarter. So we can break up the monotony and do more team building.

Smoke and mirrors

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company goes through employees and consultants like water. The CEO will hire you, take your accounts and contacts and then dispose of you like a used paper towel and do everything to make sure you are not paid on time.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. There is no growth for this company due to their bad reputation on the streets.

Pay people on time, stop lying to clients and employees and stop firing people on a whim and taking their business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SharePoint business = outsourced garbage

Current Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, there are not many Pros at this firm. They hold my H1-B (which I thought was a perk) and send me out to work in the middle of nowhere under the "SharePoint MVP" that they have. I use " " because this guy is a mid level developer at best. They play hardball with my H1-B and will not allow me to transfer to a new firm.

Cons

The owner has no vision for the firm and he'll filp everything on a dime if he thinks he can make a quick buck. Look into his failed "CEO" role at a kids social media site. I'm surprised this firm has a good reputation because this is place is horrible.

Stick to one idea and see the project through. Chasing the quick money will only lead to failed dreams.

So far so good!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office, leadership, and the market is improving. There are more opportunities to place good candidates. I really enjoy the day to day of recruiting and helping candidates find rewarding positions.

Cons

There are definitely stressful days, and those where I feel I am literally pounding the pavement. But, those come and go. The company has done an excellent job of bringing on new clients which has made my job easier. Nothing is easy, but more clients have positions and the pool is deeper than previously.

There are new faces in the company now so more team building exercises would be something that I would welcome. Each day is busy and it is tough to get to know my colleagues outside of the work setting. Professionally, I would welcome more direct feedback from my boss after sales meetings. It would help me turn weaknesses into strengths quicker.

Should have listened to the past reviews

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter/Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter/Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a typical recruiting/sales job - nothing all that special though. Decent office - which is too big and empty for the company.

Cons

As the past reviews stated this company plays dirty. The owner takes your clients then discards you and your earned income. All the positive reviews are questionable IMO.

Try to learn how to manage a company without taking what isn't yours.

Working on exciting projects!

Current Employee - Java Tech Lead  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Java Tech Lead in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The collaborative nature of the team is a big plus for me. We work on projects that require many hands to work in a concerted effort to achieve the client's objective, and the team is Reading gets it. Management in NY is very attuned to our needs and works closely with managers in the Reading facility.

Cons

The hours, and sometimes having to take work home with me. It's a busy time for the company which is why RSC ramped up staff in the new Reading facility, but the work load is still intense and I do find myself putting in 50 hour weeks when on deadline. The positive is the work is challenging, and you do learn a lot.

I think after working vigorously on a deadline the company should give one Friday off per month when it's really busy. The three day weekend would be seen as a bonus to myself and colleagues and we could rotate among team members so no more than one person is out on any given week. If that is too much, implementing happy hour at 5 on Friday would be a nice end to a long week.

Fun and Challenging!

Current Employee - PL/SQL Developer  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - PL/SQL Developer in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is my 1st job in the real world and I am working out of the Reading PA location. I enjoy very much the opportunity to learn cutting edge technology which we do on a daily basis and everyday presents new challenges. My direct supervisor offers me support and guidance to overcome the day to day challenges.

Cons

Long hours. There always is work to be done and I have found myself staying past 7:30 a few nights per week because my team is on a deadline. I like my colleagues which makes it easier but would prefer to leave the office earlier.

The open door policy is much appreciated and beneficial to me and my colleagues. I believe that some of the times when we remain longer to meet a deadline could be avoided by clearer instruction from the get go. Perhaps a simple 5 minute conversation with the team to make sure that everyone is on the same page would resolve that.

Challenging, yet rewarding.

Current Employee - Database Developer  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

My favorite part about working for RSC Solutions is the technical guidance and mentoring I am receiving. My manager is very helpful, and knowledgeable. The new skills I am learning on my projects will help me along my career path. The Reading facility is a really nice place to work.

Cons

I am often required to work longer hours than I would like to. It never ends up being 40 hours. I also sometimes have to skip lunch because we are on a deadline and by the time I remember to eat, it's already after 4. This doesn't happen all of the time but a few times per month.

Please consider putting policies in place to help us use our time more efficiently. Also, if we can have more advanced notice on some of the projects, that would be of big help. Finally, while you are excellent at mentoring me and the team on the technical components of doing our job, I would appreciate if at least once each quarter we could sit down to discuss my growth personally and professionally. I believe the entire team would appreciate some time put aside for this.

A great place to start a career!

Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer in Reading, PA

I have been working at RSC Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technical mentorship I am receiving at RSC is second to none! The Reading facility is great and the work atmosphere is enjoyable, and I look forward to going to work each day. As a UX/UI developer, my job continues to challenge me to improve my skills.

Cons

Sometimes I have to work longer hours that I would like to, but that is something every job has. Being my first real job, I accept it as paying my dues. But it's not all the time, just when we are working on deadline.

Continue taking an interest in the young guys as you have been. You have a lot to teach and we are eager to learn. One of my teammates was told not to check YouTube while at work, but they were just looking up a video on UX/UI that was relevant to the task.

Worked for RSC Solutions? Contribute to the Community!