RTC Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Nathan

Rough place to work

Not Upper Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at RTC Industries full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people-- extremely talented, high functioning people. Smartest people I've ever worked with in 20 years.

ConsManagement is stuck in a rut. The day-to-day employees are all exceptional. Management, needs change.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror. The are members of the "VP" group that cause more problems than they solve. Could be an amazing place to work IF you listened to the rank and file.

Perks are nice if you are in the right group.

I worked at RTC Industries for more than 8 years

ProsIf you were part of a team that generates money for the company then you are golden. Need to buy something? Auto approved! Perks galore. See the group that handles a fruit logoed company.
If you are in the behind the scenes group where your efforts cannot be linked to cash inflow... then what ever you want is not in the budget. See washroom renovation that has never happened.

ConsAll decisions made by about four people in the company... actually only one person who may choose to listen to three people.
Do not cross the owner. see lawsuits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your supporting cast. Without the supporting cast... your "stars" are not stars.

I have never worked so hard in my life

I worked at RTC Industries full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI looked at this place like bootcamp, if you can survive the workload here, you can survive anywhere.
My colleagues were fantastic. Hardworking, dedicated and some of the most intelligent I have ever been around. If you are looking for ZERO work life balance, this is the place.

ConsThey claim career growth and advancement, but that isn't the case unless you are a "favorite", then you will be fast-tracked and not based on actual capability.
Salary is not competive, even with other POP companies. HR didn't even acknowledge the gap in pay when I brought job listings from other POP companies that were hiring in the area.
Management philosophy is work more with less - typically meaning you are carrying more than one full time position.
No semblance of work life balance at all whatsoever if you are on the big program teams.It is all about cranking out the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say thank you, mean it. Get to know your employees and value their efforts. If it wasn't for the dedication, the doors wouldn't be open.
Working around the clock is not normal. There is a fear that if I don't work this hard, I can be replaced. That is not a healthy work environment.

Business Development

I worked at RTC Industries full-time for more than 8 years

ProsUpper management aside, great people to work with - hard working, talented, dedicated and some of the nicest people you could ever hope to work with.

ConsUpper management? If they like you (based mostly on popularity, not much on job performance), you're in. If not? Keep your resume updated. This company will survive and continue to be a contender in spite of upper management, not because of them (as they would like to think). The worker bees are the heart and soul of this company - they are the ones who really make it all happen. The design team is, hands down, the best in the industry. If you can dodge the arrogance of upper management and are good at playing the game, this could be the place for you. If you are not partial to looking over your shoulder; fearing you may be part of the next round of lay-offs, do not like seeing good people leave and don't like watching the wrong people being protected/promoted, then you may want to seek other opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Appreciate your employees - all of them. Be thankful that some very talented people are still with you.

Very Secretive

Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at RTC Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsGood amount of young people to work with

Conspoor leadership and the manager level, poor benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees

People are great, commute is far

Planner (Former Employee)
Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at RTC Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people are really nice and hard working

ConsCommute is too far for people living in the citing

Advice to Senior ManagementMove to downtown Chicago so that commute is easier

Choose a different career path.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at RTC Industries

ProsThe employees are nice. It's similar to a grieving group. People bond amongst the misery.

ConsConstant fear of layoffs. Unrealistic work load expectations. Long hours. No recognition for your efforts. No raises. No bonuses. Complete management disconnect on how much work it takes to run a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with your employees and understand what it takes to run the programs and projects that make you upper managers rich.

Only a chosen few do well here

I worked at RTC Industries full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFinancially sound company. Great clients.

ConsMost expensive in the industry, most of the managers have been there too long to have insight into what is happening in the industry today, do not have any women in management other than in HR, do not support employees in efforts. Do not pay in scale with the rest of the industry.... especially women!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and hire some new blood. Give people a chance instead of pigeonholing them in positions that they have outgrown. Open your minds instead of saying you are open minded -- really act the part. A few of the upper managers are not up to date with the industry . They are condescending to those who think differently than them.

Worked for RTC Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RTC Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RTC Industries CEO Richard Nathan. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by RTC Industries employees.