RTGX

3.6

Kathlyn Adams

Great Experience

I have been working at RTGX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot working of experience with upper level management.
    Flexible working schedules.
    Lots of experience in different spheres of business development within DOD contractor enterprise.
    Great can-do culture among the staff.

Cons

Noisy break room.
    Not enough corporate employees to fill entire office, many of the cubicles are empty.

Allow leadership to share more knowledge with lower level employees.
    Keep up the good work.

Phenomenal place to be!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RTGX full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You felt like you were one of the elite; working for one of the best companies in the market, a company that was very selective about who it hired. The compensation was fair. The benefits were awesome - especially the 401K and training. Leadership knew you and you knew leadership. Career development was the mantra for taking care of staff. The annual assessments were constructive and critical; there might be some hard pills to swallow in the debrief but the information was typically spot-on and was meant to help you grow as a professional.

Cons

Sometimes work isn't ideal based on your skills and interests, depending on available projects. But working for a small business everyone has to pitch in to make the deadlines.

Keep striving and RTGX will continue to grow in the industry!

RTGX, a place to learn, grow, succeed!!

Current Employee - Budget and Program Control Analyst in Catonsville, MD
    Current Employee - Budget and Program Control Analyst in Catonsville, MD

I have been working at RTGX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Whether you are a resource on-site or in the back office, RTGX is a great place to learn, grow and succeed within the fast paced Government contracting industry. Each member of management brings 30+ years of experience within the field. The management's willingness to go the extra mile and sit down with you to discuss questions, thoughts and concerns has been such an invaluable asset while working here. I can point out countless times where each member of management here has helped me in one way or another to better myself and my knowledge base of industry processes, standards and business practices. RTGX truly believes bettering their current staff and helping them with work and even personal aspirations today will help improve the future outlook for everyone who is involved with the Company. Having been here for over two years now I can say that four general principals here at RTGX are to live the company values, focus on getting things accomplished, always have open door communication policy and lastly HAVE FUN while doing it.

Cons

No small business has perfect processes in place and RTGX isn't an exception to that. However when a process gap is identified by the management team they carefully review the situation and poignantly make adjustments to business practices directly addressing that issue and make sure that the area where the issue was identified can be looked to as a business strength rather than a vulnerability.

They Go the extra mile

I have been working at RTGX

Pros

They really work hard to keep you employed when other firms just lay you off. I have seen employees leave and come back and some retire.

Cons

Challenges are not unique, the Government market is in a down turn and they still manage to push forward and diversify - but it's tough out there - these guys stay on top of things.

Keep working hard to diversify and expand to create more opportunity. Leverage the great brand you have to your benefit and that of the employees

A great place to learn the type of company you DON'T want to work for

I worked at RTGX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small company with mostly friendly people. Potentially a good place to learn some new skills related to skills you already have, but you'll need to learn on your own because they won't train you.

Cons

If you're a family member of one of the owners of the company then you'll be fine, but everyone else will have little or no opportunity for career advancement. Top management is concerned only with money and how they can get more of it. As far as I can tell from LinkedIn, a very high percentage of the people I worked with have also left, so there is apparently a retention problem (except of course for the family members).

Treat your employees like people rather than just factors to your bottom line. Pay people what they're actually worth and offer more competitive benefits.

Sep 14, 2014V.P.

We always appreciate constructive feedback at RTGX. We have a work force that approaches 200 in worldwide locations. Companies are like most large families, you have agreements, disagreements ... More

Exposure to many technologies with on-the-job learning.

I have been working at RTGX as a contractor

Pros

Even as an expert in some areas of IT, I had opportunities to learn new skills from my on-site team members. The contractor benefits package is also good.

Cons

Contractor rates can be on the low side compared to the rates paid by other companies in my area for those with similar IT experience and certifications.

Stay engaged with your contractors. Consider paying your contractors for additional training and certification (on their own time) in their job related areas. That will be a win/win, with lower turnover and recruitment costs for RTGX, and increasing contractor skills and positive client feedback.

Thanks for getting me in, but I'm already ready to go on to better.

Current Employee - Network Controller in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at RTGX full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok organization, allowed me to get into the career field.

Cons

Compensation is on the low side. Career progression is limited. Benefits or ok, room for improvement.

You will not retain quality long term personnel with the light compensation in competitive areas.

Sep 14, 2014V.P.

Comments are greatly appreciated. We will certainly pass along the comments to our Government customer about how pricing impacts our staff working those lower cost programs that are considered ... More

Good First Job, but not a career

Former Employee - Network Controller in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Network Controller in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at RTGX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience in the computer networking field. I worked in a dying technology, but you are surrounded by technologies that will give you good skills for your next job. If you try to learn as much as you can, this will be a good place first step in your career in the field. Co-workers were great and the Ross management were friendly.

Cons

Low pay for the computer networking market. Nobody from RTGX got a raise while I was there. 12 hour shifts which required you to work every other weekend Fri-Sun. There is very little manpower which requires a huge workload, almost impossible. Lockheed Martin, the main contractor seems to be a little over their heads when it comes to managing this contract. Lockheed management is very distant from those in the NOC, not understanding the environment and not appreciating everything we actually did. Ross management was very hard to get ahold of. This is lot a place to spend your career, just start it.

Pay the workers for what they are actually worth. Hire enough people to handle the workload and get them off the 12 hour shifts. Listen to what the employees have to say and actually try to make an effort to change for the better. It's not their fault you didn't know what you were bidding on, so stop taking shortages out of their pockets.

Sep 14, 2014V.P.

Thanks for the comments, we will certainly pass them on to all concerned. After more than 12 years of a contract operating the same way and with pricing representative of past enthusiasm for ... More

Great

Current Employee - Network Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Network Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at RTGX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The program manger that I work with is tops.

Cons

The pay rate does seem to be a little low

GSM-O controller not what it is use to be

Current Employee - Network Controller in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at RTGX full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are a good company to start out with and get your feet wet, with a normal benefits package.

Cons

Pay scale is low, never meet me supervisor, and professional assistance is nil.

Management need to focus on employees at all location, and keep employee informed.

RTGX Photos

Great work environment
Attractive for employee and customer meetings
HQ Offices