RTI International Metals Reviews

Dawne S. Hickton

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Middle Management in Niles, OH
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Niles, OH

I have been working at RTI International Metals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of good benefits, rarely work on weekends if you're salary, nice managers, decent working conditions

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, poor management by upper management, don't use resources wisely, was formerly a nice place to work but now it's perks for only the chosen few, age discrimination pretty much in play now, if you're young you're in, lousy support from corporate.

Advice to Management

Very TOP heavy in corporate management. Pretty much a buddy system of hiring. Need to spend time with the "lower" class workers to let them know you appreciate the money they bring you!

2. RTI

Current Employee - Plant Clerical in Washington, MO
    Current Employee - Plant Clerical in Washington, MO

I have been working at RTI International Metals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RTI offers great training, and a very good benefit package. I would also say the DIrector of operations and other senior level management are very easy to speak with, and make time for those on the production floor.

Cons

The environemt in great, with the exception of a few whom believe they are "better" than everyone else. There tends to be to many meetings, and no real time to meet with certain management personnel.

3. Nice office surrounding

I worked at RTI International Metals

Pros

Office desk space is large, quiet place. Environment is good. Personnel labour protection is complete. You will get labour protection training for couple of days and finally pass the examination.

Cons

A traditional company, displine needs to be followed.

5. Inspection

Current Employee - Inspection
    Current Employee - Inspection

I have been working at RTI International Metals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for up to retirement! A good many job positions, and steady work enviorment..Great communication from worker to management..can work together..most of the time..looking forward to the future with ALCOA.

Cons

Working turns is hard on the body and hard to adjust too, week after week.

Advice to Management

Need to stop working turns and place people on one steady turn, according to seniority ... This would greatly benifit the health and well-being of your workers... and allow them to plan for time with there families.

Corporate Technology Co-op

Former Employee - Corporate Technology Co-op in Niles, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Technology Co-op in Niles, OH

I worked at RTI International Metals full-time

Pros

My manager was very good. He guided me on what to work on but let me explore much of what I thought was best for the project. After I was there for several months he started to consider my work to be right even when I was not certain it was and wanted him to look at it.

Cons

The shop floor management was not very open to innovation.

Advice to Management

Be more open to innovation.

7. A great manufacturing company that's growing in many aspects of the business

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

A very easy and laid back manufacturing company to work for. Very nice & friendly people who have the knowledge & skill set to help you out whenever.

Cons

Two Words - Union Shop. No one is held responsible for their work. Sometimes it is difficult to form a working relationship if you aren't a Union employee.

Advice to Management

Please work on communication. Communication is key. The better you communicate with the employees, the better understanding they have of the company and where it's heading.

8. We make money in spite of ourselves.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Warren, OH

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

The company has potential to be very profitable.

Cons

No support from skilled trades and a lack of qualified mechanics and electricians.

Advice to Management

Come into the plant and ask the people on the floor what needs to be done.

9. Company is okay

Current Employee - Business Process Analysis in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Business Process Analysis in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

People are the best with this company

Cons

Culture and Management is very weak

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sane

10. Good potential future awaits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, MS

I worked at RTI International Metals

Pros

Future planning good, actionable controls needs improvement, leadership okay

Cons

needs some stronger middle management

11. It was to be my final job but things didn't work out that way.

I worked at RTI International Metals

Pros

The company likes to promote from within. They have a strong backing and can survive a long time based on some good decisions made by its board and upper management.

Cons

They need to improve on consistent accountability. Some employees are still employed through the hard work of others. The anonymous hotline is a good source but has been taken overboard by reports with limited validity and not applicable to ethical violations as originally set up. The incentive and bonus plans really never paid out too much and should be a limited selling point for the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to exit interviews and set up improvement plans. RTI has lost their share of good employees due to inconsistencies within the system and holding on to ineffective employees. RTI should also hire HR PROFESSIONALS at some of their locations because there is a lack of professionalism as well as consistency in some cases.

RSS Feed </> Embed