RTS Financial

Add Photos

Bill Ryan

Great Opportunities and Benefits at a Growing Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsA great place to work that offers lots of ways to learn, grow and advance your career. The work-life balance is good, as hours are typically 8 to 5. Pay is competitive, and there’s no cap on the commissions you can earn. Benefits are very competitive and include several perks. Even though RTS Financial is growing, management is very selective and wants to hire people who are hard-working and will contribute to the team atmosphere.

ConsThis is not really a con, but RTS Financial looks for committed employees who are self-starters and who bring new ideas to help the company grow. If you are just looking to be told what to do in your job, this is probably not the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great people and let them help the company succeed!

Best place to work

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsRTS Financial is an amazing place to work. The company is very careful to hire the best people for every position, and that is reflected by our great working environment.

In my last job, I didn’t feel like my employer allowed me to reach my full potential. Once I made the move to RTS Financial, I never looked back. They make it well-known that there's always potential for growth in your position and promotions to other positions. They compensate well for your hard work and the employee benefits are the best in Kansas City. Better yet, RTS Financial has enjoyed growth every year it has been in business. It feels great to work for a company that cares about its employees and is also succeeding in the marketplace.

The leadership has a great vision for the company and is aggressive in the market. It's a very exciting place to work because they are always looking for ways to improve the company and continue to grow. I would definitely feel comfortable referring anyone to work at RTS Financial.

ConsHonestly, nothing to complain about.

RTS has been a great blessing to myself and family.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThere can't be very many places in the world like RTS Financial. The ownership of this company has been very fair to me over these past 10 + years. They are very concerned about the future growth and stability of the company and because of that they take care of their employees. It is a lot easier to pay an employee well and provide the best benefits around to help retain employees, then to continually hire, train, hire, train.

ConsNot necessarily a Con, but more of a reality. Working at RTS you will be expected to earn your keep. Put in your time and work hard while you're here. If you take care of the company the company will take care of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep planning and evolving the company for future growth. Don't get behind, keep up the competitiveness, and always strive to stay the best in the industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Place I've Ever Worked...Period.

Manager (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsGreat People, Great Business, Fast Paced, Fun Atmosphere! Working in the transportation industry may not be for everyone, but if you are a strong communicator who loves variety in their work day, then you will love it at RTS! Great work/life balance too!

Managers actually care about employees and listen to their thoughts and concerns.

ConsBusiness needs dictate an 8am to 5pm work schedule, which can be tough if you are looking for flexible hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture alive! Make sure new employees are given plenty of training and share the same core values so we can all enjoy working at RTS for years to come.

A great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsI love my team and the culture. RTS is growing, but it’s small enough to feel the impact of your contributions. I have seen multiple promotions from within the company, and they take the time to recognize people for their accomplishments. The company has great benefits and pays the entire premium for family insurance coverage, which is a huge perk for our family.

I plan on having a long career with RTS!

ConsThe company does not allow a flexible working schedule. It’s an 8-to-5 culture, but they do allow time off for personal or health related appointments without using vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the open door policy and continue to empower employees as the company grows.

RTS Financial: A great stepping-stone for your career

Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThe employees are a very close, tight knit group. They work closely together and like each other enough to socialize together. This makes for a great work environment.

The other benefit to working here is that it's small and nimble. Employees have opportunities to access the decision-makers, and there's not a huge process/red tape to go through to get your idea heard or implemented.

My time with RTS Financial was valuable because I had to literally do all aspects of marketing. I was the entire department, so I learned a lot in the time I was there. Because of this job, I was able to get the job I'm currently in - and love.

ConsThe downsides are related to the size. If you disagree with the owner/CEO, there really is no other avenue to get your idea heard. They are weak in the areas of technology, meaning that if the owner doesn't understand it, it's probably not going to get implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only piece of feedback I gave when I left the company was that Senior Management needed to let go of some control. Develop a plan and budget, and have confidence that the people you hired to do a job can, in fact, do that job.

I was very disappointed with my time there

Account Representative (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThey pay you very well for the doing the same tasks, day after day.
    The people on my team were great to work with.

Cons2 weeks of vacation, minimal holidays.
    You are promised "unlimited sick days" however getting time off for doctor's visits was never easy, and I was often expected to make up time taken off for sick days.
    Micromanaged, they do not pay you to think or give feed back, they pay you to do the same thing everyday, in the way they want it done, no questions.

Worked for RTS Financial? Contribute to the Community!