RWI Transportation Reviews

1. Processor

Current Employee - Processor in Wilder, KY
    Current Employee - Processor in Wilder, KY

I have been working at RWI Transportation

Pros

RWI has a family orientated atmosphere. Everyone is treated as an equal. If you have a problem, every single employee is willing to help out, whether it is for office employee or a driver. We work as a team here at RWI.

Cons

I have no complaints right now.

2. Love Them!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilder, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilder, KY

I have been working at RWI Transportation full-time

Pros

Family environment that is full of Driver Advocates. If you want a company that will look out for you and your business this is it!

Cons

I always seem to miss Pizza Monday's and Grill Out Friday's...too busy with loads!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. RUN

Former Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Fort Thomas, KY
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Fort Thomas, KY

I worked at RWI Transportation (More than a year)

Pros

It's money to get by if your hired for a bit. Not really much else the place seems like it was a decent place once but not anymore.

Cons

Pretty much everything just read the other reviews. I actually worked out how much i was making per hour considering all the work you do outside normal office hours and it was less than minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Serious restructuring is needed. It probably won't happen because freight brokering as an industry is mostly just one huge scam as it is. Imagine how much cheaper everything would be if companies weren't allowed to tack on commissions to the cost of every load of freight.

A cluster you know what

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Thomas, KY
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Thomas, KY

I have been working at RWI Transportation full-time

Pros

The people you work with that are on your same level (dispatcher to dispatcher) take you in like family. Easy to communicate with. Some recent management hires might change the culture. Also 1 hour lunch breaks

Cons

Management was never available for anything. Training wasn't organized. Commission doesn't exist. They wait till it's 15 minutes too late to respond to customers. They lie a ton, most managers are bitter about things they had control over, but will blame everyone else. Sales reps don't get nearly enough support either. Overall the culture is toxic

Advice to Management

Figure out a commission plan or at least tell your employees what's going on with the commission. You can't tell interested candidates that they can earn commission when you don't have a plan in place. Also, be available for your employees, especially new ones. They can't grow if you don't teach them. RWI could be a great place to work if you put more effort into training your employees and being honest with them from the get go. You can't sell something you don't have.

6. Accounts Receivable Supervisor

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Wilder, KY
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Wilder, KY

I worked at RWI Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small Company, everyone like family.

Cons

They did split into a transportation and a logistics company. When Logistics split off, they became more Corporate than your small company feel.

Advice to Management

None

It's almost funny how sad this company is..

I worked at RWI Transportation full-time

Pros

Can't think of any.. This place is a dumpster fire. If I could give an overall rating less than 1 star, I would have.

Cons

This list is never ending, so I'll limit it to ten. 1. Zero work/life balance 2. In order to succeed you must bow to management and worship the ground they walk on, otherwise you are seen as one who is "not buying in" 3. The management possesses almost zero leadership skills. Very unqualified, also I would have to question their decision making both personally and professionally. 4. Extremely high expectations, that even the most seasoned sales rep, with the biggest book of business, are unable to meet. 5. The compensation is laughable. Old plan or "new", it's a joke. Employees may not say so, but I would venture to say that many of them struggle week to week to live a basic life. Eating lunch, paying bills on time.. You may have trouble accomplishing these things working here as an indentured servant. 6. Training?? What a joke 7. At any given time of the day, every manager's office door is closed, they are in "meetings" all day long. Leaving employees who are in need of advice, or who are seeking help with a situation, to figure it out themselves. 8. Keeping everything very secretive. The secret new compensation plan was supposed to go into effect Jan 1st.. It's still not in effect, and employees still have no idea what's going on. 9. Support for sales (dispatchers) will try to cover easy loads, but if it is a difficult lane, or something they dont feel like doing they wont. 10. The communication between departments is null. So many things going on, and no one talks. It is very disorganized, and unprofessional.. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy, on their worst day because that would be inhumane.

Advice to Management

Quit..

BAD

Former Employee - LSR in Fort Thomas, KY

I worked at RWI Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with great coworkers and friends. The office is located very close to a mexican restaurant that is awesome.

Cons

The compensation plan is terrible. You could make a better salary at mcdonalds. They claim unlimited commission which is true, but the percentages are so low you would have to do 3 to 4 times the revenue that you would at competing companies to make what they "expect you to make your first year" .. The comp plan is so complicated i'm willing to bet you won't understand it. The complication of the comp plan makes it seem like they are trying to pull a fast one. There is a huge disconnect between depts making it that much harder to be successful. Most of the management team would be considered unqualified at competing transportation companies. Will be pressured by management to work way beyond normal work hours to make cold calls, because everyone know that 9 hours a day just isn't enough. Go elsewhere until they figure out what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Stop making everything so complicated and go back to a similar plan to the old one.You are never going to be able to hire anyone with experience. Most importantly how do you sleep at night trying to pull off this scam? Promising 100k plus your second year knowing your goals are soo outrageously high that even if they did achieve this goals they would make 2 to 3 times that at a competing transportation company. I have a feeling The Castellini's don't know what's going on there or I doubt they'd let one of their companies pull this.

truck driver

I have been working at RWI Transportation

Pros

None existent exept they answer their phones

Cons

pointing fingers at their own customers when pick or delivery goes sower. No detention time payed

Advice to Management

resign

Very bad

Current Employee - LSR in Fort Thomas, KY
    Current Employee - LSR in Fort Thomas, KY

I have been working at RWI Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the co workers are great and good to work with. The 401k plan

Cons

The salary. The numbers are almost impossible to met. Upper management is very bad. Some managers have extra circular actives going on. There is so much tension between "groups" in the sales department. The new hires dispatchers and new sales representatives have no idea what they are doing and getting themselves into. I have dedicated countless hours and time to help my book of business only for it to be under looked. You will only advance if you "in" with the right people. I have seen countless people come and go and it was all because they didn't fit the mold of what they wanted.

Advice to Management

Salary needs to be improved, better training, better system i.e. computers, phones.

RUN!!!

Former Employee - LSR in Fort Thomas, KY

I worked at RWI Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers but there is so much tension everyone is suspicious of everything.

Cons

Everything. There is no direction and all the new hires are being lied to that they can make double their salary in some sort crazy commission structure. They will throw numbers but never give you any idea how to achieve them. They are having everyone sign non-competes for 2 year. This place is a sinking ship !!!

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES !!!. This new structure is a joke and everyone knows it. Start over and quit being so secretive.

RSS Feed </> Embed