RWI Transportation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Bauer

LSR

ProsAbility to earn commission in year one

ConsTechnology, change is very slow.

Great company

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Fort Thomas, KY

ProsGood working conditions
    Great training
    Fun place to work
    Great Salary
    They care about you

Consbetter vacation time needed at the company

Great Opportunity for people who want to succeed and are willing to work hard

LSR (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Pros- Growing Company
    - Give Sales Reps Time to Ramp Up
    - Higher Base Salary Than Other Local Truck Load Brokerages
    - Great Work Space
    - 1 HR Lunch Breaks

Cons- No Vacation for the 1st year
    - Lower commision % than some Brokerages
    - Technology
    - 2 Benifit Plans ( You get what you pay for / one is cheap and so is the coverage, one is good coverage but more expensive)

Advice to Senior ManagementReconize poor effort and/or quality of work .... and move faster to weed out the people who wont make it and dont care to work hard enough to succedd

-Find a better way to incentivise Dispatchers who proform

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deception and outright lies...

Broker (Former Employee) Fort Thomas, KY

ProsStarting salary and its a job...

Cons97% turnover rate industry wide...what does that tell you? If your lucky enough to make it out of "training" (99% don't) you will get zero support with aging technology and ever increasing expectations. Everyone there except management is looking for another job. You may have one bad month and your gone. Except if your one of the select few that came over from TQL and are all buddies in their little circle. They and their buddies get special treatment...you won't. Got questions?...They will find a way to either brush you off or just confuse you even more, all while you give up your nights and weekends and pretty much anything else besides this job. They paint a pretty picture at first but realize when they say they will support you and give you second chances those are outright lies. Even their parent company, Castellini Group doesn't trust them enough to run hardly any of their freight!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in some REAL training and support even AFTER training.

Needs Change

ProsThere isn't a lot of micro managing. It's a smaller company so in 5-10 years there will be some room for advancement. Overall a good group of co-workers.

ConsThe pay is below average. The LSR's are paid a base salary + commission, but the commission is horrible! The dispatcher bonus program is poorly constructed and doesn't pay very much. There needs to be some serious restructuring in order for the company to grow and be successful. Overall morale is very low. Also, technology is extremely awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to figure out what direction they want to go in and stick with it. Many of know a great deal about transportation, but I'm not quite sure they understand how to run a succedsful brokerage.

Low wages, poor leadership.

ProsClose family, not micro managed

ConsPoor leadership, low moral, no rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved!

Worked for RWI Transportation? Contribute to the Community!