Rackspace

www.rackspace.com

Rackspace Reviews

Pros
  • Culture is amazing and I've never had more a better work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• Great culture and endless opportunities (if you earn them)(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is the worst I've seen in my career in most departments(in 30 reviews)

• Work life balance can be a challenge - not nearly as bad as Amazon(in 10 reviews)

Challenging, unique experiences you won't find anywhere else

Linux Systems Administrator III (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsExposure to a multitude of unique problems and situations. You will have to wade through an obscene amount of email tickets, but you will have those gems that stick out. You have opportunities to get industry certifications (RHCE, CMDBA, MSCE, CCNA, etc.) that will help you down the road.

ConsI feel the culture diminished significantly when the company went public, though some irresponsible employees helped. If you're not working days, your workload will be significantly higher, despite the cited breakdown of servers per employee.

I think there is a place and a time

Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsMany technical people
    Free soft drinks

ConsLack of communication, company wide
    Many layers of management

Advice to Senior ManagementGood intentions to grow, but when you do it too quickly, you miss many important details.

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!