RadNet Reviews

RadNet President and CEO Howard G. Berger
Howard G. Berger

Mri technologist

I worked at RadNet full-time

Pros

It's good for techs who just graduate to get experience because Radnet likes to hire new grads and pay them below medium wage.

Cons

Radnet doesn't give raises and doesn't value their employees.

2. Staff

Former Employee - Staff in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Staff in Rochester, NY

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none. Overall rating should be zero! Did connect with a few good, value based co-workers!

Cons

NO RAISES! High cost health care, NO 401K match! Management considers a pizza your motivation to stay and consider that is your raise! All those ratings listed below should be zero also.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be educated and learn how to manage individuals, not play favorites or protect favored employees. They promote individuals without any management experience!

UNETHICAL practices. Only care about their bottom line

I have been working at RadNet

Pros

There are no pros to this company except a paycheck

Cons

This company only cares about acquisition strategies and P&L statements. They employ leaders who have inappropriate relations with employees. They pay people to keep their mouth shut. Very unethical

Underpaid and all they care about is numbers, not employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at RadNet

Pros

They will hire you with little to no experience which gives you a chance to gain experience

Cons

Yes they will hire you but they will do so at the lowest possible rate of pay and provide you with no benefits. You will work long hours, late nights, and weekends. All they care about is how many patients they can squeeze into a day. They do not care nor do they compensate for the extra patient traffic that not only can cause you to be constantly rushing but also to be dealing with angry patients. Every single employee will say that you not only are getting under compensated but you also will never get a raise. Yes, some do (very rare).

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and maybe people will actually be proud to work for your company. You can't expect employees to be happy when they cannot even afford to live because of your under-compensation and the constant stress that is caused by the work environment.

Would not recommend working there

Former Employee - CT Technologist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - CT Technologist in New York, NY

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was working with very experienced and knowledgeable CT technologists. Gained valuable experience quickly due to the huge volume of patients that came in for CT's. We had a nurse, thank god, to start our lines (about half the time) and gave beta blockers to the Cardiac patients. However, the Techs had to start lines a lot too because of how busy we were.

Cons

The company would schedule all studies 10 minutes apart and take walk in's too. This included all CTA studies. Cardiac studies would be 40 minutes but they still took walk in's regardless. Front desk constantly made mistakes with the registration and we had to go to them to have it fixed which ate away at our time to scan. When we finally got the patient in we also had to ask about 10-15 questions about their history. We were constantly rushing patients in and rushing them out as quickly as we could because 10 minutes just wasn't enough time to do everything and then scan. There were just a lot of angry patients that wanted to know why they had to wait so long for their scan. Overall, the take way to all the cons is that it leads to poor patient satisfaction.

licensed technologist

Current Employee - Licensed Technologist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Technologist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RadNet

Pros

there are no pros... any benefit that employees have are being taken away or reduced to strengthen the bottom line.

Cons

my partner received an email several years ago that stated employees were not getting a raise due to the uncertainties of obamacare... and they have not seen a raise since. Quick to fire a seasoned professional to hire a kid out of school for a fraction of the costs is the radnet way. Constantly looking at ways to reduce costs usually at the expense of employees while senior management profits substantially (look at their SEC docs for proof). There are sweatshops, there are bad work environments and then there is radnet. You would be better selling pencils on the corner in the long run. and be exposed to less radiation.

Advice to Management

I would give advice to management if they were willing to take it. I do have advice for employees. Since the schools have flooded your profession and made your profession worthless, I suggest that you unionize and at least force management to give you a raise for the first time in several years

CT Technologist

Former Employee - CT Tech in New City, NY
    Former Employee - CT Tech in New City, NY

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good hours, a lot of awesome people.

Cons

Typical corporate. They don't care one bit about you. Any CEO who walks through one of his top grossing sites and doesn't say hello to one of his employees tells you everything you need to know.

Advice to Management

Shine up your resume, because your a number too.

not great

I have been working at RadNet

Pros

Flexibility with hours at support positions...typical work schedules for those who may be going to school. Pay is not great but decent

Cons

A LOT of favoritism...people often take advantage of their manager if they are given an inch. Others won't say anything about those who take advantage because they know management won't do anything about it. Have not given raises to employees since 2008

Its what you make of it.

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RadNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Raises are based on performance and your value to the company. I have had three raises over the last 6 years. My site manager is great she is always there to support the entire office. Lots of room for growth for those willing to learn. Decent imaging equipment. Many locations close to home.

Cons

Too many complainers. Need more supervisors or assistant manager for the larger offices. No local HR everything is in Southern CA not much HR support in Northern CA. No 401K contributions. Need a standard training as each office within the same region does things a little differently.

Advice to Management

Help support the hard workers and leaders. Get rid of the lazy workers. Focus more on training and customer service improvement for all offices. Hire assistant managers or supervisors to support the offices.

Local subsidiaries and local leadership invested in their employees but corporate only interested in the bottom line.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at RadNet

Pros

Physicians are highly qualified. Local staff works as a team

Cons

RadNet does not invest in their employees. No increase in 4 years, no 401k contribution. No incentive to further education or training.

RSS Feed </> Embed