RadNet Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
1.9

RadNet President and CEO Howard G. Berger
Howard G. Berger

MY experience at Radnet wasnt that great.

Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Toluca Lake, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Toluca Lake, CA

I worked at RadNet full-time

Pros

The good thing about Radnet was their employees. Most people at the different locations got along really well.

Cons

There is no really training at the locations. You learn as you go and that turns into alot of mistakes. This puts alot of pressure on an employee and work isnt executed properly.

This company with how many locations and billions of dollars it accumulates every month, should have a proper training program and give raises to their employees every year.

Technologist

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Olney, MD
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Olney, MD

I worked at RadNet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice clients. Good working hours.

Cons

Poor communication . No staff meeting with the entire staff at once. More interested in the volume of patients/ numbers and money than in patient services and creating an inviting work atmosphere. De staffs employees to save thee company money. No matches in a 401k program.

Stop micromanaging employees. Need better team work.

No room for advancement

Current Employee - Medical Records in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Records in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RadNet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Growing, always has work.

Cons

Replacing vital humans with computers is a bad idea in the field of medicine

A raise sometime within 10 years would be nice

If F were an option

Former Employee - MRI Technologist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RadNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee parking, I can't think of anything else

Cons

Management are low end people promoted to positions they should never have. They "pride"themselves on patient care, when in fact all that matters is if you meet their number (minimum amount of patient scans). Management has no education in Healthcare. They will treat you like you should be grateful to have a job. Equipment is out dated and centers are not clean.

Educate yourself in healthcare and management etiquette and stop bullying employees. Hire people with some intelligence.

Don't bother with this company.

Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator
    Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator

I have been working at RadNet full-time

Pros

This area would be blank, because there are no pros. But I must enter at least 5 words....

Cons

The company does not care about their employees at all, this is evident in NO bonuses/pay raises in 6 years! They are so short staffed that your manager will hound you and disrespect you when you need to call off. The managers are also rude and not supportive in any way what-so-ever. Also, because of all this, obviously there is low employee morale which means the patients won't get the polite and friendly care they need and also, your fellow coworkers will also be rude and competitive with each other.

Grow up and learn how to be a real manager.

CAUTION: They receive an F as a healthcare provider and as an employer. Would not want to be a patient here or employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at RadNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None - unless you have zero education and no conscience

They receive an F as a healthcare provider and F as an employer. I would not want to be a patient here, let alone an employee ever again.

Cons

Very poor benefits
    Very low wages
    Unethical health practices
    Filthy work environment
    Lazy co-workers-no accountability or shared responsibility amongst the same position
    Bully and berate employees
    Frequently compromise patient care for greater profits and bonuses for managers

Managers aren't real corporate management material - they're people with high school educations and very little prior work experience in that given area are taken advantage of and trained to cut costs and corners to increase their own bonuses---managers promise corporate experience to those who would never receive the same opportunities in another company, give jobs to people who are severely under qualified

dishonest, disorganized, manipulative, look to cut costs and cut corners in any way and constantly compromise the quality of patient care. Numbers and revenue are more of a priority for this health care provider than the care of their patients. Quit for ethical reasons and would never be a patient at one of their centers. Low wages and no benefits for employees.

Get more involved instead of hiring people of low intelligence to be your b*ch. Go get a REAL education. My third grade classroom was run better than this place.

Few complaints, but could do better...

I have been working at RadNet full-time

Pros

Most positions have a decent work/life balance.
    There is advancement available in most departments.
    Technologically they usually stay ahead of the curve.

Cons

As reimbursements and margins drop, so do perks.
    When the numbers are not there upper management breathes down your neck.
    Pay is below market standard.

Make the employees at the sites feel more appreciated. They work very hard to earn the company money, and only a small percent of them earn a good market standard wage and benefits.

Good first experience as a technologist

Current Employee - Technologist
    Current Employee - Technologist

I have been working at RadNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

M-F 8-5 hours. Most Patients are mobile. Ability to cross train in other modalities.

Cons

Pay could be better. No automatic pay increase, you have to demand & be persistent about it.

Set rules & consequences, otherwise staff gets away with not doing their jobs.

Not a good choice!

Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Rochester, NY

I worked at RadNet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers who were always willing to lend a hand (or an ear - I was employed in the transcription area). Some superfluous appreciation from management that never seemed truly sincere on the part of my 2 immediate supervisors. I would have to say that making friends with some of my coworkers and learning from them was the best part of working for this company.

Cons

No raises in over 5 years for many of us. Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs - with no end in sight. We worked hard in transcription, and our thanks for it was to get let go. For example, one of my coworkers who worked from home for this company for 40 years was laid off OVER THE PHONE - if that isn't one of the worst things to do to someone who worked that long for you, then I don't know what is.

Show some true, genuine care towards the employees who busted their butts in order to care for patients and make money for YOU! Give everyone a freakin' pay raise. Learn to respect those folks you have who are left. That would be an excellent start, although I am afraid they are damaging themselves and Radnet's reputation by the way they've treated their employees.

Horrible company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Providence, RI

I have been working at RadNet

Pros

Some great people work here, but they are all leaving because its a miserable place run by soulless money hungry people

Cons

Micromanagement, no appreciation of hard working employees, vacation time has been "frozen" for 6 months because of severe understaffing because everyone keeps quitting, company tries to make employees attend Mandatory meetings at night without pay,this was backed up by our useless lying HR Dept. in New York even though they knew it was illegal, RI Labor Board needed to be called to get us our pay for those mandatory night meetings, now management is trying to steal a week of our vacation/PTO time that we have always received, saying that we need to keep it in reserve for sick time, although we are not allowed to call in sick, this way we will lose a week of earned PTO at the end of the year, thus saving the company money, Expect to be written up for "negativity" when the stress of overwork and management cruelty becomes a strain on you, expect to be switched permanently from the day shift to the night shift as punishment for being late if your car breaks down. This company took away all coffee breaks because "quotas are not being met", Radnet/The Imaging Institute could not care less about their patients or their employees, which is why both are going elsewhere!

Stop cheating us and lying to us, treat your employees and patients with respect for a change. Stop writing positive reviews for the company on this site posing as happy employees, no one is buying it.