RadNet

Be The First To
Add Photos

RadNet President and CEO Howard G. Berger

Howard G. Berger

Few complaints, but could do better...

ProsMost positions have a decent work/life balance.
    There is advancement available in most departments.
    Technologically they usually stay ahead of the curve.

ConsAs reimbursements and margins drop, so do perks.
    When the numbers are not there upper management breathes down your neck.
    Pay is below market standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees at the sites feel more appreciated. They work very hard to earn the company money, and only a small percent of them earn a good market standard wage and benefits.

Poor management , no support., Front dest staff not trained to understand/ screen rx's before checking pt's in

ProsLoved my patients, job was close to home

ConsMicromanaged!, destaffed, no pay raises in over 5 years

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, not being destaffed

Good first experience as a technologist

Technologist (Current Employee)

ProsM-F 8-5 hours. Most Patients are mobile. Ability to cross train in other modalities.

ConsPay could be better. No automatic pay increase, you have to demand & be persistent about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet rules & consequences, otherwise staff gets away with not doing their jobs.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good choice!

Transcriptionist (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat coworkers who were always willing to lend a hand (or an ear - I was employed in the transcription area). Some superfluous appreciation from management that never seemed truly sincere on the part of my 2 immediate supervisors. I would have to say that making friends with some of my coworkers and learning from them was the best part of working for this company.

ConsNo raises in over 5 years for many of us. Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs - with no end in sight. We worked hard in transcription, and our thanks for it was to get let go. For example, one of my coworkers who worked from home for this company for 40 years was laid off OVER THE PHONE - if that isn't one of the worst things to do to someone who worked that long for you, then I don't know what is.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some true, genuine care towards the employees who busted their butts in order to care for patients and make money for YOU! Give everyone a freakin' pay raise. Learn to respect those folks you have who are left. That would be an excellent start, although I am afraid they are damaging themselves and Radnet's reputation by the way they've treated their employees.

Horrible company to work for!

North Providence, RI

ProsSome great people work here, but they are all leaving because its a miserable place run by soulless money hungry people

ConsMicromanagement, no appreciation of hard working employees, vacation time has been "frozen" for 6 months because of severe understaffing because everyone keeps quitting, company tries to make employees attend Mandatory meetings at night without pay,this was backed up by our useless lying HR Dept. in New York even though they knew it was illegal, RI Labor Board needed to be called to get us our pay for those mandatory night meetings, now management is trying to steal a week of our vacation/PTO time that we have always received, saying that we need to keep it in reserve for sick time, although we are not allowed to call in sick, this way we will lose a week of earned PTO at the end of the year, thus saving the company money, Expect to be written up for "negativity" when the stress of overwork and management cruelty becomes a strain on you, expect to be switched permanently from the day shift to the night shift as punishment for being late if your car breaks down. This company took away all coffee breaks because "quotas are not being met", Radnet/The Imaging Institute could not care less about their patients or their employees, which is why both are going elsewhere!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cheating us and lying to us, treat your employees and patients with respect for a change. Stop writing positive reviews for the company on this site posing as happy employees, no one is buying it.

Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice place to work... Employees are pleasant...

ConsLack of employee appreciation from Management...

POORLY MANAGED... Hard to work where quantity/quality is so out of balance.

Clerical (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorked with some very nice people in the 10+ employed full-time.

ConsEmployees not given proper training for most positions. New computer system implemented and no one-on-one training, however employees expected to keep up regular work load while self-teaching. Staff meetings non-existent. No raises for anyone in over 6 years. High level of nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop recruiting employees from the football team you coach (COO) and build teams based on abilities. Stop filling offices with every cousin, nephew, or sibling you can round up from your family (site managers). The high level of nepotism does not create cohesive teams, but cliques which are not helpful to the work environment.

Field Support Technician

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsThe people that I work with are really the only reason that I would list as a "pro". I like the majority of the people that I work with, including my immediate supervisor. He is fair, and does his best to let the team know what is going on.

ConsMainly the pay not being commensurate with the experience. Also, the fact that while 99% of staff have not had pay increases in 5 years, our Upper Management (VP's etc.) have seen an increase in either their pay, or they have been awarded bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people what they are worth. If you have 20 members on a team, and the pay for your team members if off by as little as $10,000/year, bring the pay scales in line (with respect to seniority, etc.). Also, as our cost of living increases, so should our salary, just to even it out a bit. Keep in mind, that without the "little people" to work the front desk, or do people's scans, or fix computers, etc. your company could not function. Don't "thank" us by taking things away from us, show your appreciation with tangible compensation.

Great environment, a little confusing and difficult to get things off the ground.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were really good, everyone is really nice and supportive and the overall corporate culture is great.

ConsAt times, because everyone is remote, it can be difficult to come to a concensus and the process of producing things takes longer than it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire project managers

A good company facing tough market conditions

Business Development (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsFrom a middle management position, I found the senior leadership to be very realistic but constantly implementing headcount reductions and wage freezes makes it a difficult environment for everyone.

ConsThere is such thing as job security at RadNet but that is probably true for any private sector job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Leadership has a responsibility IMO to communicate with employees about the challenges the company faces. My sense is most of the employees will appreciate the cold, hard facts rather than be left in the dark.

Worked for RadNet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RadNet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RadNet CEO Howard G. Berger. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by RadNet employees.