Radian Group

Radian Group CEO and Director Sanford A. Ibrahim

Sanford A. Ibrahim

Positive experience

Retail Sales & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsAbove-average compensation for part-time weekend work in various stores throughout NW Arkansas. If Radian's contract was extended, I would have enjoyed remaining with the team. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with, and had strong work ethics. Interfacing with the public and the customers was fun and rewarding. It's definitely not a job for a wallflower!

ConsMany of the store managers were challenging to work with, yet Radian Group members were stellar communicators. Communication between the Radian Team Leader and the Store Managers was inconsistent, which created some tension that wasn't always easily resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully select Team Leaders to ensure that they're personable, professional, and able to properly train their Associates. Other than that, my experience with the company was very favorable.

Good

Risk Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGrowth oppertunity and good learning environment

Conscompensation and communication fall short

Good place to work

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsPeople are nice. Great place to work. Management team are good. Every role seems to have a backup, which means if one person is not able to fulfill the work, they always have an arrangement for another guy to complete the job for that moment. Can work from home. Relax working environment.

ConsThe software development technologies used there were a little behind compare to other companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive prior to S.A. Ibrahim

Technology Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsPay well, and there is a reason for that. As a matter of fact they overpay in most cases. (Battlepay?) Managers can be flexible with work schedules. Benefits are OK. The HR Department keeps trying to sell the Consumer Driven plans which really are tough to understand. They consistenly make the other plans way more expensive so that employees will pick the CDHPs.

ConsLong, long hours - sometimes into the night and weekends, with very little reward. By rewards I mean a day off, or some sort of spot bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop rewarding the same people over and over again.

Good place to intern

Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood exposure to management and some functions

Consgrowth is not very big

Advice to Senior Managementallow more opportunities to grow

Great Company, Bad Senior Leadership

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsRadian does pay well, and they provide a good benefit package. They also pay a good portion of the medical benefits - 70/30 split. They also have a host of benefits that are free, like College Coach, Health Advocate, Life Insurance and more.

ConsPeople can sometimes work in silos, and are not always respectful to others. Sometimes people forget that that we are human beings and deserve respect. I've heard people curse at one another (the 'f' word) and they've actually taken credit for others work, promotions are given to all the wrong people. Management allows employees to hold them hostage for more and more money. Result, Radian overpays it's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around, listen and learn what your employees and the economy is saying. The company is in a financial bind right now, and we are spending money quicker than ever. STOP, let the economy tell us what we need to do, then do it. If we have to scale back to save the company, SCALE BACK!

Good Internship! Good pay as well!

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people. Good pay as an intern.

ConsSometimes there was a lack of things to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan for interns more! Need stuff to do.

Worked for Radian Group? Contribute to the Community!