Radiant Senior Living

2.2
Radiant Senior Living President & CEO James T. Guffee
James T. Guffee
1 Rating

1. Administration found me doing my job suspicious?!

Former Employee - Med Tech in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Med Tech in Salem, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time

Pros

I adored all my Co workers. Loved all my residents to the core. They made it all very much worth going to work everyday. Left every shift with a smile.

Cons

When administration finds you doing your job suspicious, that's a bit worrisome. After a glowing review mid January, I was terminated because I went back to take my trash my out.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your team and listen to what your employees have to say. The same standard should be held for all employees, and completing your job shouldn't be suspicious it should be expected.

2. Spies and Lies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents are a joy to be around! I miss spending time with many of them. Various career opportunities available. Pretty good hours for my job title.

Cons

Management have spies on all levels to keep an eye on you (they won'r tell you this, of course). If they don't like you, they'll find ANY excuse to try and get rid of you--and yes, that includes lying about you. In other words, if management doesn't like you, you're screwed. Workers on all levels are cliquey and can be very jealous of you, especially if you're a terrific worker, because it makes them look bad and they'll try to get rid of you because of that too.

Advice to Management

No advice as management is the main problem, and they love being a problem. Advising them would be like casting pearls before swine....

lack of training and support from DOO

Former Employee - Director of Social Services in North Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Director of Social Services in North Bend, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome floor staff, great residents and families

Cons

Management is a clique. If you don't fit into their materialistic, hypocritical life style you are doomed from the gate! I would say look some where else for a job, unless yo enjoy being treated like crap and told 'we will get you there', then realize that where they will 'get you' is out the door unless you keep your opinions to your self!

Advice to Management

Really? how many people have to quit and/or get fired before you see what the real problem is there? So sad, even LONG time employees are gone now.

My supervisor is wonderful and supports us completely.

Current Employee - Cook in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Cook in Salem, OR

I have been working at Radiant Senior Living

Pros

Contributing to the care of Alzheimer patients is extremely rewarding. I am not just a cook, I am also a confidante and friend to so many wonderful folks. Though challenging, it has been an experience I am glad I did not miss.

Cons

There is so much nepotism within the facility that it detracts from the overall feeling of being a valued employee.

Advice to Management

Treat each employee as an individual and according to performance rather than personal feelings or family connections. There are several longtime employees who deserve full time employment, yet some new, totally inexperienced employees are favored with those precious hours.

RSS Feed </> Embed