Radiant Systems

Radiant Systems CEO and Director John H. Heyman

John H. Heyman

Consulting team member

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPositive work atmosphere, Comfortable office space, Large and diverse list of clients across many industries, Strong atmosphere of teamwork across all depts

ConsThere can be a measurable amount of travel expected if you are in client facing positions. There are team members that must work together that aren't always centrally located in one industry's office.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you live your ideal of being a great company to work for above all.

Good place to work -- work not the most exciting

Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork with talented people
    I had a good boss
    Fair compensation and Benefits
    Scheduled employee events
    Community involvement encouraged
    Accountability encouraged

ConsCommunication between upper management and worker bees slow and indirect
    Silos between groups
    Work not the most stimulating or challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage innovation
    Be proactive in sharing news -- both good and bad
    Provide a way for employees to transfer or find different projects

Dynamic, Fun company, but culture is somewhat stiff

Consultant (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsA dynamic and exciting company with a great product. Lots of smart people and good information sharing. Super benefits and lots of paid time off.

ConsSome people in Senior Management are not approachable. I had several instances where I escalated issues to Senior Management through the proper channels, however, they acted like they didn't know who I was and brushed me off.
    Overall, the culture is a little stiff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more approachable to your field people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

He's a very personable guy who will shake your hand and tell you how it really is with the company in this economy.

Trainer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe culture is that of a small company, where opinions are valued and you feel like an important part of an overall picture. Everyone works as a team and gets the job done because of how well the company treats us.

ConsTraining could use a little work, as there are not a lot of methods for training developed yet. We are working on changing that as a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for giving us feedback on what's going on with the company, because we are all scared of what the economy is doing to the corporate America and our jobs.

Good place to work, but could be better.

Software Developer III (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsA secure job with average to good Benefits. There are a great many knowledgable people from which to learn and grow professionally. If you like fast paced competitve work this is the place for you. As a developer it would be a good place to start out in your twenties and early thirties, but unless you want and can finagle the oppurtunity to crossover into management the progression ends there. Radiant's products are widely used and there is pride to be taken in their visible succes. There is a healthy sence of commitment, urgency, and accountability that pervades the organization.

ConsThere have been many aquisitions of other companies by Radiant and it tends to feel in the years that follow that the companies are still seperate entities. The work environment has a continuing decrease in the ratio of space per person which has no prospects for relief in the immediate future. If you like a quiet environment to concentrate in this will frustrate you. Raises and bonuses are meager at best. There are only 4 grades that people get during reviews: low solid, strong or star. Obivously you don't want to be low. Star is basically impossible. Most people are solid and few nose to the grindstone types get strong. Management by crises is also way too prevalent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter financial motivation, Health benefits are starting to wane, More balance towards organic growth rather than growth through aquistions. There needs to be more of a check on sales people from overpromising product enhancements.

good to work as fresher i think

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice infrasructure i think and hr

Consvery slow process and policies

Nice place to work

Intern At Radient Systems (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosgreat salary for intern. nice environment . great job opportunities

ConsCould have paid still more. But satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo idea as inter

Good For Starters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Lot of overtime
    - Somewhat of a flexible schedule

Cons- expect miracles at times
    - work is redundant, gets boring

ok

Prosflexibility, good people, independent workers

Consno rewards, growth, no plan for growth

Not a bad company to work for, but not the best either

ProsDecent benefits and time off

ConsNepotism and hypocrisy
    Don't count on merit only for promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate honestly with employees and stop the "secrets" that are all over the company. People hear and see that and hate it!

Worked for Radiant Systems? Contribute to the Community!