Radiate Media

Chris Rothey

Good Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Radiate Media full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Every one is very supportive and eager to help answer any questions on new subjects or issues.

Cons

Very confusing who has the final call on final decisions. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

No future or growth anticipated

Former Employee - Website Manager & Customer Relations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Website Manager & Customer Relations in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Radiate Media

Pros

Fun people to work with
    Downtown Salt Lake City location

Cons

The new CEO brought in a bunch of his network friends to manage the departments. They don't know what they're doing or where they're going, and the company doesn't have the funds to progress the way it needs to. I don't see much of a future and expect that it'll be bankrupt in the near future unless big changes happen.

Find the funds to incentivize the people who are actually doing all the work. You pay your marketing team too much money for how little they actually know and contribute to the company.

The interview process was very simple. I had a phone interview with the boss, a week later I met with another employee.

Current Employee - Traffic Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Traffic Editor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Radiate Media

Pros

It's an exciting position, because I work in the newsroom with Assignment Editors, News Producers and Writers.

Cons

I work very few hours. I wish they could give me more hours.

It's hard for me to say anything about this company because I work very few hours

Employees pay for company budget woes

Former Employee - Reporter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Reporter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Radiate Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Located in Texas, out of town employees seldom hear from management.

Cons

This is a union-busting outsourcing firm used by broadcasters in order to pay significantly less than AFTRA minimums.

Company began stealing wages a year into employment, insisting on several daily work hours before clocking in. Then, it decreed that the work day did not begin until the reporter arrives at their first story location. In L.A. County, that could frequently be 60 minutes or more in morning rush hour. Start at 7 a.m., unpaid until 10 a.m.

Company seems to lack trust in employees, insisting on excessive paperwork to document every minute of the work day. Demanded employees take an hour lunch break (something reporters who eat on the run don't due in the course of a day) in order to keep personnel on the clock an extra hour.

Upon termination for reasons so vague they could not be contested, the firm badly bollixed health insurance conversion to COBRA, further complicated by its HR outsourcing firm. Radiate repeatedly promised to keep my name at the top of the list for the next opening, which they quickly forgot as soon as it received my written pledge not to sue the company in order to collect final wages.

A Good company to work for if they can manage to stay in business.

I worked at Radiate Media full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent people, fairly respected in the broadcast industry, the energy of a start-up.

Cons

Incompetent management, especially at the highest levels, poor compensation for the work required, a too-many-cooks in the kitchen type of management style. Management plays a favoriteness game by terminating long-time committed employees in order to keep those employees with religiously-similar leanings. Headquarters are dually located in Malvern, PA and Salt Lake City, UT.

Show more support to those employees who got you to where you are today. Loyalty works both ways and all managers need to appreciate this. There is little to no communication to the entire staff about the company's strategy and well-being. CEO's gain respect by being visible and who have a vision that is functional.

Lots of Room for Growth.

Current Employee - Editor, Producer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Editor, Producer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Radiate Media part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Great people. Consistent work. I've been here for less than a year working part-time and I was recently promoted to a full-time salaried position.

Cons

Can be a little disorganized at times, but there are plenty of gears working together. There's often method to the madness.

Continue to hire within. This is how you gain loyal employees and a sense of opportunity.

Disorganized, non-communicative, poor relationships between management evident.

I have been working at Radiate Media part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great location, office is relaxed with an open dress code. Small office culture.

Cons

Under utilized and seemingly forgotten after a management shift. Lack of communication between managers during my unpaid training process made scheduling difficult. Managers got into an argument in front of me during training.

Great company if you are looking to be on the edge of cutting technology.

Former Employee - Manager of Website Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Manager of Website Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Radiate Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great teams to work with. They really know their stuff. They try to be on the cutting edge of every bit of technology.

Cons

Don't get stuck in a piece of the company they are moving away from. Move forward with the company. Lay offs come as they change models regularly.

Keep people informed. The company will have more respect if you inform people as to your real intentions.

A company in need of unity...

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Radiate Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people, nice facility in SLC, hands-off management style and open to discussing new ideas and visions.

Cons

Compensation isn't great, benefits are average at best, lack of communication between different areas of the company that could benefit greatly by better strategizing and communication.

Use your best resources - the people! Skill sets can cross between different teams to help take this company to the next level.

The worst job EVER

I worked at Radiate Media part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It sounds good in the pre-hiring process - the interviews are good, the people sound nice and you can't wait to get started.

Cons

NOTHING that was laid out in the pre-hire process other than the rate of pay was truthful. No time off on holidays, no time off if you're sick (or if you ARE sick you have to find a way to cover your shift), management by intimidation and not through leadership, downright dysfunctional inter-company communications and employee support

Clean house. Get some people in there who know what they're doing. Don't treat employees like they're an intrusion - value them as an asset