RadioShack Reviews in Atlanta, GA

2.4
1,445 Reviews

RadioShack CEO Joseph C. Magnacca
Joseph C. Magnacca

Pros
  • Great Training - trained for all major cell phone companies and fast paced (in 135 reviews)

• Some pros for working at RadioShack is the some of the employee discount (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation is horrible upper management does not really care about the associates (in 140 reviews)

• The only thing Corporate cared about was the amount of cell phones you sold (in 131 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Decent College Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time  in  Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Austell, GA

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission
    Some Room to grow
    Great training on mobile electronics
    Not very stressful if you do your job
    Learn many things

Cons

Very low pay for responsibilities
    Not much training on parts and other parts of store
    Did not receive product on time
    Bad communication between upper management and associates
    Needs more communication on product release dates
    Pay is low compared to competitors like Best Buy

Loved coworkers, hated pay.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customers, coworkers, work life balance

Cons

Pay was low, had to rely on commission

Pay your employees more

Good learning experience, not a permanent thing

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Excellent learning experience
    -Wage + Commission makes for good pay
    -Relatively easy to move off of the bottom rung
    -High expectations of customer service

Cons

-Poor hours
    -Changes in the company mean an unstable work environment
    -Slow months hurt your paycheck badly

Listen more to what the store managers need.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice

Current Employee - Store Clerk  in  Decatur, GA
    Current Employee - Store Clerk in Decatur, GA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People are nice to see

Cons

Technology is gonna be what it wanna be

Dairy Queen

Had enough after 5 years

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discounts, paid vacation and that about it

Cons

6 day work week for management and taking sales away from employees

5 day work week at same pay would have me and others. Why would you train employees with all the tools and training and just pay them what a burger flipper makes (no offence burger flippers).

Great learning experience and very rewarding

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn new technologies, fast paced environment, great discounts and benefits, laid back atmosphere, very rewarding, huge room for advancement.

Cons

Compensation plan leaves much to be desired, commission only for wireless sales, long hours at times

Let me start off by saying that those who reviewed this company before must have ranked very low. This is a performance based company and you're employed as a salesperson. If you perform badly, then you will have a horrible experience. During my tenure with RadioShack I was consistently ranked among the top sales associates. I have enjoyed my experience with this company because if you keep up your sales, you will enjoy a very laid back atmosphere

Now, on the my advice for management.. You guys have got to re-vamp your compensation plan. At current, RadioShack only plays it's sales associates for wireless sales (beyond their base salary). This is why when you visit a RadioShack location looking for parts or accessories you are bombarded by over eager sales staff who want to check your plan's upgrade eligibility or push the latest iPhone down your throat. I mean, I get it.. They're trying to pay their bills.

But there was a time where RadioShack compensated it's sales staff fairly. It paid a percentage of all sales and warranties sold. At that time it was more fair and balanced, the "good old days" of RadioShack were the days when The Shack paid fairly. When the sales staff were eager to learn about components and parts because it paid them as much as phone activations.

The system is severely skewed. It's losing RadioShack both money and customers.

The WORST company to work for EVER!!!

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work at the Shack are some of the most intelligent young people in this country, in an entry level position.

Cons

The upper level management from the district level and up are a dangerous group to trust. They will constantly set unrealistic quotas for success, and consistently threaten their employees to meet those unrealistic goals or be terminated. The performance based metrics that the corporation use to judge the effectiveness of their employees are always misguided. No one wants to buy service plans on every item in the store yet one of the metrics is always to sell the service plans at a rate of 30%. If no one wants this service why would they require 3 out of 10 customers to buy a useless service. The one thing that illustrates great salesmanship is $$ per ticket and that is never one of the measurements for success. This company is misguided.

Start trusting your employees. End the collection of customer information because no one wants to be on any mailing list.

Building experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to keep up to date on technology and also interact with some good people

Cons

Corporate ran things differently and made things difficult for store managers to get things done

Better organization!

Us versus them mentality

Current Employee - Field Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Hard working employees, name brand, great co-workers

Cons

Ft. Worth executives have no concern for the field. Poor quality of life. Terrible pay. Long hours. No recognition for hard work. Zero direction. A ton of confusion.

Think less about your own careers and more about running a winning company. Treat your employees like partners instead of the enemy. Pay people a living wage. reconize those who contribute and make this a great company to work for instead of a dumping ground for rejects of the business world. Hire people who care about the field.

The Shack

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

It wasnt untill I accepted the job at radioshack that I discovered all they can offer consumers. People have always told me that if radioshack doesnt have it then it doesnt exist. Well that couldnt be more true I have worked for many electronics retailers and have found that they dont carry half the specialty stuff in their big boxes as a little SHACK ! Not only do they carry specialty parts and accessories but they also have a veriety of tv's stereos and Cell phones through AT&T, Sprint and now T-Mobile with great discounts on all.

Cons

After all the experience that I that I have in retail I have to say that the SHACK employees are very under paid for the amount of work that they do. The store manager works between 55 and 75 hrs per week and the top of the pay scale is 31,000 per year. It takes 6 months before you can get benifits and 1 yr before you receive 401k or any vacation days. WOW ! It is still a great company to work for and maybe for a person to learn the retail world and then move on.

Be very selective in your hiring, dont just hire to fill a position. Hire to send a message of service and excellence to your communities, then the profit will come.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!